Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying person you worked with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Call center job I had years ago, someone doing the induction with me was by far, and still, ten years on, THE most annoying person I've ever worked with. Best way I could describe her is a younger, Irish version of Hyacinth Bucket. When we finished the induction I thought I'd see a lot less of her.... nope... happened to be put on the same team doing the same shifts.

You'd fall in at 8am, ready to hang yourself at the thought of 8 soul destroying hours ahead of you, and this one would be carrying on like she's about to head off on an all expenses paid trip to Vegas. Laughing at her own woeful stories and jokes, singing, there was a good bit of singing. Talking at you incessantly about the most moronic nonsense. Having an irate person ripping your head off on a phone and then having this sitting 2 feet away from you for 40 hours a week..... it's a special kind of hell I hope I never revisit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭pavb2

I used to work with a guy who did a very good impression of an old seventies Trim phone ring tone . . . unfortunately it just went on & on & on all day long.

http://youtu.be/Yx03gDhV6-8

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ruu wrote: »
    Don't know what it is about having an Irish boss when you are abroad, they treat you worse than anyone ever would (not that you should expect to be treated better than a fellow country person..but still pig ignorant!) When I was living in London, had an absolute tool of a boss. He had absolutely no tact whatsoever. No social skills, had a lick arse secretary do all people management. Someone in work was off for a while with mental issues and when she came back, he asked her in front of everyone if she was on any medication. Everyone was shocked and more or less hid behind their computers to get on with work. :/

Had an Irish boss when I worked in Paris. She was an a**hole. For whatever reason she seemed to have an unhidden dislike for myself and a colleague both of whom where Irish.... We called her the Viking as that was what she looked like.. a mad fat auld wan with a shock of weird gray hair without the capability to smile and eyes of coal that tried (but failed) to make you feel small... she just became a figure of fun and we kind of gave it back to her in a passive aggressive way and she never really had much to do with us after that.. we worked hard and did our job... so much insecurity from people in authority in the workplace at times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Olishi4 wrote: »
    Whenever I was leaving work, his head would slowly emerge from the cubicle and he would ask me to do something else before leaving but he knew i was trying to catch a bus. My friend and i used to say it was like that scene with Marlon Brando coming out of the water in Apocalypse Now.
    You poor soul, you've clearly never seen Office Space!

Yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh, thats be ggrreeeaattt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

Some arrogant bastard in a wheelchair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I never worked with any annoying people, they where all dead on, sound, amazeballs lol(well you get the picture haha lol)anyway yaw they were nice goiys... Although I worked with an 'AWFUL' lot of peeps who always seemed loike annoyed or something, anyway I loiked them alls.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

This post has been deleted.
    I worked with a similar wan, except she was a really fussy eater and would comment on something "exotic" you might be having for lunch. Once I brought in leftover stir fry and she was mesmerised. It's really irritating having your grub monitored like that!

She also had some weird fear/hatred of bananas and woe betide you if you ate one near her. I used to do it deliberately towards the end of my time there to piss her off. Oh and she was mad for Lent, and assumed everyone was a catholic and off sweets during Lent, and would then wreck everyone's head for 6 weeks if she saw you eating biscuits. Gob****e of the highest order. You can imagine how much work she got done every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Strumms wrote: »
    Had an Irish boss when I worked in Paris. She was an a**hole. For whatever reason she seemed to have an unhidden dislike for myself and a colleague both of whom where Irish.... We called her the Viking as that was what she looked like.. a mad fat auld wan with a shock of weird gray hair without the capability to smile and eyes of coal that tried (but failed) to make you feel small... she just became a figure of fun and we kind of gave it back to her in a passive aggressive way and she never really had much to do with us after that.. we worked hard and did our job... so much insecurity from people in authority in the workplace at times...

Ohhhh yes the 'Over Compensating' Irish person, away from home in an amazing City, look at me I'm so down to earth I love it so much here, I've been here forever(a year and a half)... I'll just lick up the hóle of the locals and treat any new peeps from my own Country like shíte lmao... yes bud I've met such arsé-holes in such a far away City as even London lol.. God Love Them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Worked in a 9-5 job where there was about 2 hours on the road every day meeting people.
    The rest was spent in a tiny office (which was a refurbished old style mental hospital bedroom/cell)
    The door still opened outwards like a jail cell door.
    Anyway my mentor was this auld frustrated bag and apart from the 2 hours out and about I'd be stuck with her in the "cell".
    We had nothing in common and she was such a fruitcake it was impossible to talk to her.
    Anyway one day the silence and the boredom of pretending to read files got too much for me so I got up and headed off to the toilet which was at the end of a long corridor (remember this used to be a mental hospital!)
    When I came back she said;
    Where we're you?
    I went to the toilet
    Oh can you tell me when you're going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

I used to work with a fella who was the most loud, self centred, irritating, obnoxious, me fenier you'd every meet. He also had a huge sense of entitlement. Mid 50's goin on 15. Had his routine and wouldn't deviate from it, Had to be first in in the morning and first out in the evening, Always parked his car in the first car space in the car park, so he be nearest the gate for a fast exit in the evening, used to insist on reversing in to the space to enable his fast getaway, this despite holding others up with his antics. Had numerous run ins with people over his driving, cutting people off, performing dangerous manoeuvres just to get ahead of you. He married into money and was always going on bout what a lucky man he was. Became a running joke around the office, " Ahh shure, aren't you the lucky man?".
    We'd flexi time on the job, so every 2 weeks, each person in the team was rostered to stay late 1 evening. Every evening your man was rostered, there was always an emergency and he had to go early. Happened way too often for it to be true. Anyway, he was rostered to work one Thursday evening, low and behold, at 3:50, he gets a phone call from home saying there's an "emergency" and has to go home early. Supervisor said "fine, I'll work you're late this evening, you can do mine tomorrow week". Off your man goes. spent the following week trying to get someone to swap his late on the Friday with, as he was going up the country for a family function for a long weekend on the Thursday, no one would as everybody knew his form, he even went to HR complaining he was the victim an no one would swap with him. As it turns out, he WAS goin up the country on the Thursday, but had to come down again on the Friday lunchtime to work his late evening. He drove back up that evening. Round trip of over 300 miles! The boy who cried wolf!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

A know it all who didn't really know much at all. He'd sometimes pick up on some of my suggestions as well and then bring them forward as his own if enough people hadn't heard me when I originally said it. He could never admit fault and always tried to make it look as though what went wrong was someone elses problem for not showing him exactly what needed to be done. Fair enough if you were brand new to the job but he wasn't.

Also years ago worked in a small newsagents with women only and it was the bitchiest/cliqueiest place I've ever seen. Worse than school and I went to an all girls school! The main manager would comment on another managers daughter behind her back. Stuff like "god she's awful goofy isn't she" and "she's becoming such a brat" etc. I'm sure there were other comments about her appearance but can't remember now. One of my friends who wasn't part of the clique told the manager but wouldn't say who it was that had said it so nothing major came of it. They were all pretty much as bad as each other when it came to **** talking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,321 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

We've a few of these bastards ~ NOISY EATER'S.. Good God how I don't throat punch or choke one to death one of these days I don't know.

But there's one in particular, the bastarding bollox also SLURPS his God damned tea too.

^^^ Those, they're the most annoying people I work with.

lad beside me drinks about 3 large cans of pepsi every day

Before I even get to the reality of a grown man still drinking 'fizzy pop' I have to listen to every slurp..

I want to kill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There's this gay fella I work with who is always asking personal questions. He makes everything sexual too with constant innuendo. What's more annoying is that everyone else thinks he is a great laugh but I can't stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

There's this gay fella I work with who is always asking personal questions. He makes everything sexual too with constant innuendo. What's more annoying is that everyone else thinks he is a great laugh but I can't stand him.
    Is his sexuality relevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

armaghlad wrote: »

is your question?..

is your question?..
    Eh yes. I don't see the need to mention someone's sexuality if it is about them being annoying. Hence my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Eh yes. I don't see the need to mention someone's sexuality if it is about them being annoying. Hence my question.

If the annoying trait is constant innuendo then its pretty relevant imo.

If the annoying trait is constant innuendo then its pretty relevant imo.
    Fair enough, though plenty of heterosexual men make innuendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Yes, with the constant innunedo it most certainly is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Gay people like that give the rest of them a bad name.

We all know (of) a homosexual who's only personality trait is there sexuality, it makes no sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Yes, with the constant innunedo it most certainly is.

You could say it to him and see what happens? (does he really put you off your dinner, as per a previous post?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Chijj wrote: »
    Gay people like that give the rest of them a bad name.

We all know (of) a homosexual who's only personality trait is there sexuality, it makes no sense?

Wtf?

I know plenty of heterosexual men who make nothing but leery sexual comments and I dont think it reflects on heterosexual men in general - just on those particular eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

mod: Okay, let's not have this thread descend into an argument about gay people and their stereotypes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Used to work with an absolute lick arse who would suck up to management all the time. Absolutely despised the lad as he looked down on anyone he deemed below his status in the company. Last I heard he was promoted to supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

LOUD LAUGHERS

Had a few of these over the years. The overly jolly worker who laughs at anything and everything and laughs so loud you need to mute your phone while talking to a customer, who laughs so loud that you need to mute your phone even though they are on the other side of the office, around a corner about 30 meters away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

duchalla wrote: »
    Mid 50's goin on 15.

Some age better than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

Years ago I started a new job and was really surprised to find my manager being such a bitch from the off. Unknown to me, she was in the middle of a legal dispute with the board of directors when I started and I think she though I'd been hired to spy on her. Apart from that she was lazy and ineffective, while also having a very condescending and sarcastic manner about her, and she'd often try to humiliate or embarrass me in front of other people. Once she gave me a letter to post (this was long, long before Facebook etc) and I opened it (yeah, I know, but fúck her) and saw a lot of shíte she'd written about me. Thankfully, she left soon after that and the next boss was sound, giving me a promotion and a raise. Later on I had the great pleasure of turning her brother (another snooty príck) down for a job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

LOUD LAUGHERS

Had a few of these over the years. The overly jolly worker who laughs at anything and everything and laughs so loud you need to mute your phone while talking to a customer, who laughs so loud that you need to mute your phone even though they are on the other side of the office, around a corner about 30 meters away.

My aunt does this.

"Hi Olishi, hahahaha...haven't seen you for a long time hahahaha.....what are you up to at the moment? hahahaha". She laughs after every single sentence.

In her case it doesn't annoy me but I can see how it would annoy some people. Now that I am conscious of it though, I start to laugh myself when she starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Another teacher who used to undermine me all of the time in my own classroom. I think it's because I'm a young teacher but it really used to upset me. Thankfully I don't have to deal with that anymore!

Advertisement