Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should have been left well enough alone?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Ulaidh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Batman & Superman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

Old style light bulbs. The new ones never last the length it says on the box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Batman & Superman

I agree. I mentioned this too. Nolan's Batman films and the 1989 and 1992 Tim Burton Batman films are excellent. The early Superman films with Christopher Reeve are too (apart from Superman 4). Putting the 2 together does not work. They might as well go the full way and put Spiderman and Ironman into the mix too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

511 wrote: »
    Ridiculous suggestion. It was a rip-roaring success and one of our greatest political ideas that we exported, as many other countries took it up.

Although I wasn't old enough to drink when the ban came in, I did play pool in my local occasionally and the smoke stinging my eyes was horrible.

I started smoking the year I turned 18 and I much preferred smoking outside, getting fresh air helped you wake up when you're feeling drowsy, as opposed to drinking in my friends house in a room full of smoke and feeling like shít because of the lack of oxygen.

Pretty sure smokers are even thankful for the smoking ban. How many marriages resulted from meeting someone in smokers areas? ****loads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Metz & Co department store!

I'm in Amsterdam for awhile and can't believe it's gone. Why! It was the bees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Madeline McCann, oh no wait, sorry! She shouldn't have been left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

NicoleW85 wrote:
    Judgemental much?? I obviously have different kinds of nights out than you're thinking of. If I wore a top out for a couple of hours at a bar chatting with friends I wouldn't go washing it just cos I 'wore it out' - if it wasn't physically dirty I'd get another wear out of it. If it stank of smoke it would go straight in the wash. Obviously if I was up dancing the night away and sweating like a Spaniard then it would go straight in the wash, regardless. That didn't happen as often as I would have liked. Why I've explained this to a total stranger, I don't know, but it is amusing how people jump to all sorts of conclusions.

I don't wash mine automaticlly either just cos I wore them out for a few hours. Why risk black fading or wee diamante pieces chipping off unless you have to. Hang on the line for a few hours to freshen up and Vanish the odd mark.
    However I do agree with your 'Sweating like a Spaniard' rule hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Palestine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Supercans
    Brunches
    Findus Crispy Pancakes
    Dog food with ash (I miss the white dog poo...)
    Old off licence laws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

The Heineken Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

O'Connell Street

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Fog horns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

The Voting System, What clown ever thought we needed an electronic system to vote, nothing wrong with pencil and paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

The Open Back Buses that I remember from my school going days in the 70s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Remastered CDs of albums that were originally released in the mid eighties or later. Some of these remastered CDs sound far worse than the originals. For instance the 20th anniversary edition of Nevermind by Nirvana. There's absolutely no dynamics in the music and it's just constant loudness all the way through. It's actually painful to listen to.

Advertisement