Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should have been left well enough alone?

Options
  • 31-03-2016 7:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Grammatical nightmare of a question to pose but what things do you think qualify as being fine as they were and that they should have left as it was biut in attempting to make it better, they made it worse?

For me it would be Laptop Trackpads.

They were grand, pinch and zoom, double tap controls, two finger scrolling, super stuff and then some idiot with feck all to do somewhere in Taiwan decides 'Hey, I know, lets slide the track pad buttons under the trackpad so instead of of pressing the buttons people can just press the corners of the trackpad!' and other idiots in the room listened to him and made these God forsaken things and now every time I need to left click, the laptop thinks (yes my laptop thinks) that I want to move the pointer. But of course it bloody thinks that. Why wouldn't it think that! Sure the trackpad button is covered in a trackpad!!

/Rant over.

What do you think qualifies as things which they should have well enough alone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Stacker Pentecost

Point Break.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ryan Tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

This Ranting and Raving thread in After Hours, the Social and Fun forum should be left well enough alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Wayne's world.

The new format of that show since they sold themselves out for sponsorship from Noahs arcades sucked balls.

"And with him always is Garth, party on Wayne, and party on Garth"....

I guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Not that I use it much anymore, but, Facebook should have been left well enough alone.

At one point it was fine, good even, very usable, great in it's simplicity. Then they kept adding features and they made a mess of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Point Break.

Waste of time and money.

They should of just had Warchild's brother come after Utah in a sequel or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Point Break.

Watched it last night and agree completely.... Jesus talk about pissing all over poor Swayze's grave :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Sleeping dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tayto snax.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Religion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Libya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Eyre sq

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The economy in 1997.

Corned beef

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Cadburys chocolate. Total muck now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Palmyra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Fanta

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The whole water supply system. It worked and sure it needed work which was carried out on a need-to-do basis but it wasn't crippling the country in wasted Garda time, a super quango that will never make money and hatred of a government who were otherwise doing a good job of restoring the country and most likely would have been returned to government relatively unchallenged had they just left well enough alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Mickey Rourke's face

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Jennifer Grey's nose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Renee Zellweger has just had done to her eyes what Jennifer Grey did to her nose. Not a smart move.

I also watched all of Jessica Jones without noticing that Rebecca De Mornay was in 3 of the episodes. I don't know what she's had done but she doesn't look like Rebecca De Mornay anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

In GTA when you've lost the cops and the wanted stars, then get ahead of yourself, go back for more and end up wasted by a swat team and a chopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The old All-Ireland format - 4 provincial champs in semis.

None of the backdoor ****ehawking Carlow v Fermanagh stuff clogging up the sports reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Sky Go.

Sky go no can no longer be used with this browser please use bla bla bla.
    Even then the wont just leave the fúcking website alone - every time I try to watch a football match it takes me 10 minutes to find where they've hidden the poxy thing.

Note: I may have wildly exaggerated - but they started it:D

Also: Jenna Jameson - Why Jenna - you used to be soooooo fúcking hot. Now look at you, Mickey Rourke with tits.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The whole water supply system. It worked and sure it needed work which was carried out on a need-to-do basis but it wasn't crippling the country in wasted Garda time, a super quango that will never make money and hatred of a government who were otherwise doing a good job of restoring the country and most likely would have been returned to government relatively unchallenged had they just left well enough alone.

Er maybe leaky +100 year old piping could have been replaced when we were rich during the Tiger years instead of pissing it away on vanity projects? Or money ringfenced for water and not siphoned away elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mad Max & Ghostbusters

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

The Simpsons, several years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

The EEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Hitler's mother.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The Beatles Get Back/Let it be sessions. But no… Phil Spector was brought in.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement