Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should have been left well enough alone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

NicoleW85 wrote: »
    Yup that's one thing I'm thankful for - not having to wash my clothes (and sometimes my hair) after a night out cos I used to absolutely reek of cigarette smoke back in the day!! Oh and I'm pretty sure my lungs are thankful too :D

So you wear your clothes after wearing them on a night out? grim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Days off for holy days. used to give religion a purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

So you wear your clothes after wearing them on a night out? grim!

Judgemental much?? I obviously have different kinds of nights out than you're thinking of. If I wore a top out for a couple of hours at a bar chatting with friends I wouldn't go washing it just cos I 'wore it out' - if it wasn't physically dirty I'd get another wear out of it. If it stank of smoke it would go straight in the wash. Obviously if I was up dancing the night away and sweating like a Spaniard then it would go straight in the wash, regardless. That didn't happen as often as I would have liked. Why I've explained this to a total stranger, I don't know, but it is amusing how people jump to all sorts of conclusions. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Judgemental much?? I obviously have different kinds of nights out than you're thinking of. If I wore a top out for a couple of hours at a bar chatting with friends I wouldn't go washing it just cos I 'wore it out' - if it wasn't physically dirty I'd get another wear out of it. If it stank of smoke it would go straight in the wash. Obviously if I was up dancing the night away and sweating like a Spaniard then it would go straight in the wash, regardless. That didn't happen as often as I would have liked. Why I've explained this to a total stranger, I don't know, but it is amusing how people jump to all sorts of conclusions. :D

Sweating like a Spaniard?! :):):D

Pink Fairy wrote:
    Sweating like a Spaniard?!

Pink Fairy wrote:
    Sweating like a Spaniard?!

Expression I heard ages ago, thought I'd try it out :D
    No offence to the lovely people of Spain, but your country IS rather hot ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

I'm just saying if you go to a pub full stop your clothes are going to smell, cigarette smoke has been replaced with must, farts, sometimes bacon and cabbage and stale beer. Always wash my clothes after wearing them on a night out. Maybe the lucky lucky perfume chaps should give everyone a dash of febreeze, along with the token squirt in the bathroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Syria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Smoking in pubs

Ridiculous suggestion. It was a rip-roaring success and one of our greatest political ideas that we exported, as many other countries took it up.

Although I wasn't old enough to drink when the ban came in, I did play pool in my local occasionally and the smoke stinging my eyes was horrible.

I started smoking the year I turned 18 and I much preferred smoking outside, getting fresh air helped you wake up when you're feeling drowsy, as opposed to drinking in my friends house in a room full of smoke and feeling like shít because of the lack of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Brindor

The Garth Brooks concerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Irish Rail Trains in their orange guise.

• Advertisement

I'm just saying if you go to a pub full stop your clothes are going to smell, cigarette smoke has been replaced with must, farts, sometimes bacon and cabbage and stale beer. Always wash my clothes after wearing them on a night out. Maybe the lucky lucky perfume chaps should give everyone a dash of febreeze, along with the token squirt in the bathroom.

I don't need to go out to a pub for my clothes to smell of farts. I'm married to the world's windiest man :D
    (I get what you're saying though. If it doesn't smell fresh it doesn't go back in the wardrobe)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

The 2Ltr bottle of Coca Cola

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Tracey Chapman's 'Fast Car'. That new cover version is a crime against music.

Almost, but not quite, as horrific as Madonna's version of 'American Pie'.

You'd have to wonder about the thought process of the DJ who would choose to waste 3 minutes of radio on the emotionally empty pop cover instead of playing the stunning, ageless original. What's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

1. Eyebrows...what started as a little bit of plucking & tidying has now gone mad, drawing them on, filling them in etc and they look brutal

2. Skin colour.....orange now appears to be an acceptable skin colour. Fake tan does my head in, especially streaky, badly applied orange stuff. Similarly make up should enhance natural beauty not to tango yourself!

3. Nails....again gone too far. Nice simple file & polish grand but so many women going around with nails so long they aren't practical, pictures, sparkles on them etc.

Female and hate this crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Cadburys Chocolate.

It was yummy and now it's goey, sugary, tasteless American style gunk.

I had a Creme Egg recently and it was pure muck and tasted like cake frosting and they've totally screwed up Dairy Milk. I used to love running my fingers over the foil and the logo came out and you'd that nice, slightly waxy chocolate that snapped as you broke the squares off and it actually tasted creamy and milky.

It's a totally different product now and it's just meh!

They also keep putting Oreos in everything! Milka is destroyed too and Toblerone no longer tastes the same either.

All owned by Mondelēz / Kraft now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

+1 for handbrakes wtf with the freaking button-climbing up the slope at least you could control tension,now its on off :confused:

also auto gearboxes on new cars instead with joysticks DSG is ok to have,but this american trend of people not being able to use clutch and gears at the same time -seems lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭tastyt

Dumb and dumber

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Our road tax system.
    F**k the Green party from a height.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Guns N Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 15,814 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yahoo was a good website a few years ago with a good e-mail set-up and messenger and then they went and ruined it

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,814 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yahoo. It used to be good now it is just terrible.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Rancheros. They once were a lovely bacony bitsy thing when I was a kid, now they're all puffy and eurgh.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Rancheros. They once were a lovely bacony bitsy thing when I was a kid, now they're all puffy and eurgh.
    Yup, and also Tayto Snax :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

The atom.

Thanks, Oppenheimer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The off side rule - what's with all this interfering with play bullshít, if you're standing on the pitch you're interfering with play, that's why they only allow 11 per team even stand on the pitch.
    If it's a ridiculous argument to say you had 12 players but only 11 were interfering with play (which it clearly is) then it's every bit as ridiculous to say you had 11 but only 10 were interfering with play.:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Iraq in 2003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Mad Max & Ghostbusters

New Mad Max imo is excellent. New Ghostbusters is just okay. BUT they should have left Batman and Superman as separate series instead of combining them both!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

My arse should have been left alone during that hen party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Dublin & Cork's tramway systems

Advertisement