Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should have been left well enough alone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Football Special.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

The old terrestrial tv service none of your saorview that doesn't work........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Monster Munch, just not the same.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yorkie Bars.
    I remember YORKIE was spelt accross the 6 massive chunk. There is not enough space of the 5 little farty pieces now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wibbs wrote: »
    The Beatles Get Back/Let it be sessions. But no… Phil Spector was brought in.

I prefer the guitar solo in the Phil Spector one.

Loop-the-loops.
    They used to be amazing but now they're revolting mealy ****e. The green part now has the consistency of sand. That's going back about 10-15 years at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The Yorkie. When it wasn't for girls, it was for men. And also girls.

Anyway, it's shíte now.

Me.

Bugger off and leave me alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Lots of sports shows, including below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Gravity.

Anyone else noticed things are much heavier these days? Back in my day we used to be able to bounce around like nobody's business.

Feckin' government coming in turning up the earth's core, dragging us all down.

Bast*rds. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Adam's ribcage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Any song that has ever been remixed into rap noise or dreary soulful warbling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Garda stations in rural Ireland,they were more than just garda stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

UCG.

(NUIG my arse!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Minesweeper.

On my old laptop I had Windows 7, and had clocked up many thousands of games on minesweeper since it was effectively the same game as it had been since windows 95, just with slightly sharper looking graphics.

My new laptop has windows 8, I like the OS but I've stopped bothering with minesweeper. It's now too slow and clogged up with stupid noises and animations, there's even an "adventure" mode of some sort. I know I could easily download the old version but that would defeat the purpose, minesweeper is supposed to be a dependable stock programme like notepad or paint.

In terms of productivity it probably helps that I can't waste so much time anymore, but why couldn't they leave it alone? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Garda stations in rural Ireland,they were more than just garda stations.

Aye, my local one is also a farm supplies shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

I don't have time to read this whole thread so apologies if it's been done.

Handbrakes. There is a special place in hell reserved for whomever invented the electronic handbrake.

Can I get an amen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

While I think of it.

Lansdowne Road stadium. It always was and it always will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

• The Nintendo DS so many models that it ruined the market focus
    • The SONY PSP like the Nintendo DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Monster Munch, just not the same.

We could (and probably have) dedicate an entire thread to sweets, crisps and icepops from the past that have been destroyed.
    I still haven't gotten over the loss of real Monster Munch. One of my defining memories from transition year in school (2000), when the tuck shop suddenly started selling the new version; there was a secret stash of old boxes for those in the know.

My latest in a long line of these disappointments; I bought a multi-pack of Rancheros the other day. If you haven't eaten them recently, don't do it to yourself; Remember them as they once were.

WTF has happened to the world of snacks?
    If I wanted healthy and tasteless I wouldn't be buying crisps :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Minesweeper.

You're so right. They screwed up Solitaire too when Windows went all tile-y.

Solitaire, minesweeper etc used to be games that you had open in the corner of your screen for when you were avoiding doing work.

The gobdaws in Microsoft made them full-screen only. Totally ruining them and making it much easier for your boss to catch you dossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Windows 10. Can Microsoft just get the stupid thing to work without problems for one week at least. It youst to give no trouble at all.

And cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

"Yore Ma" jokes.

While it was certainly overused, threads like this really cry out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭megadodge

Marathon >>>>> Snickers

Nee-naw-nee-naw sirens like they had on ambulances and police cars back in the day (at least according to episodes of The Sweeney etc they did).

So much better than the waaahhh-whooop-whooop-waaaahhhhh ones we have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

sci fi programmes.

Not everything needs to be Beverly Hills 90210 in space :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Wham Bars & The Matrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Call of Duty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Windows 7
    Whatever "Team GB" used to be.

Advertisement