Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Rebirth

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Red Hood and The Outlaws with Artemis, and Bizarro the first volume Dark Trinity is out now in trade paperback

Perfect thanks that looks good

Now for Nightwing, just start on rebirth #1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

There is two trades for Nightwing Rebirth, I wasn't a fan of the first batch of issues as it felt like an epilogue to the 52 series cleaning up loose ends and the like. I didn't read 52 series so a few things took me out of the story as I didn't know what happened.

The issues in the second trade however for me felt like the real beginning of Nightwing Rebirth as it was a fresh start for the character and nice way for new readers to jump on board.

So my advice if you are familiar with the 52 run of Nightwing and how in ended start from the first batch of issues in the first trade as it from appearence is a good ending.

If your not familiar and don't want to be wondering what happened previously I would say start fresh from the second trade.

Ok cool.

Now a trade is a volume isn't it? Like a book where say a load of issues are combined?

So I'd be after Nightwing rebirth volume #2 which has a load of issues together rather than buying separate right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

A trade is usually about 6 issues together. Generally an arc.

Do check out Nightwing and RHATO as well. It's really been great in Rebirth and the character interactions are fantastic.

Ok after researching I definitely want in paperback

NIGHTWING VOL. 2: BACK TO BLUDHAVEN

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS VOL. 1: DARK TRINITY

Now what places would people rec I buy from, any good Irish places to order them and get them posted from?

Getting excited now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I cant recommend Big bang comics in Dundrum enough https://www.facebook.com/TheBigBangIE/

they will post and are a great bunch of lads I get all my stuff from them
    you can email them at
    info@thebigbang.ie

they also have a weekly mailshot with the next weeks new releases
    warning this can and will make you spend money :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

+1 for the Big Bang. Best comic shop in the country.

Also, Nightwing was one of the few New52 books that I actually quite enjoyed fwiw! Rebirth is definitely a step up though, as it has been for most books.

OP, based on your interest in those characters, I think you'd really enjoy Green Arrow Rebirth. Have a think about checking that one out too!

+1 for the Big Bang. Best comic shop in the country.

Also, Nightwing was one of the few New52 books that I actually quite enjoyed fwiw! Rebirth is definitely a step up though, as it has been for most books.

OP, based on your interest in those characters, I think you'd really enjoy Green Arrow Rebirth. Have a think about checking that one out too!

So random, he was number 3 in mind to check out :pac:

I've been on to the lads rec and €17 each for the Nightwing and Red hood volumes that's not bad given there 150 odd pages each

I see Green Arrow has 2 if not 3 volumes out I have teh email sent to them for costs and I'll see about picking it up too.

Maybe be safe and just get Nightwing and Red Hood for now and see how I find the whole comic thing

Ha, cool! Yeah, vol 3 came out last Wednesday, looking forward to it..!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is this Dark Knights/Metal series going to be canon or is it going to be like Multiversity and be mostly ignored?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So is this Dark Knights/Metal series going to be canon or is it going to be like Multiversity and be mostly ignored?

They say it's canon but is reckon it will probably something that could be ignored. But, Snyder and Capullo working together again isn't something to be missed imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've read The Casting and The Forge and what makes me think it could be canon is the fact some of the regular series tie into it. Looking at the list of comics involved, it includes an issue each of Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan and the GL Corps, Nightwing, Flash and 2 of Justice League.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've read The Casting and The Forge and what makes me think it could be canon is the fact some of the regular series tie into it. Looking at the list of comics involved, it includes an issue each of Teen Titans, Suicide Squad, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan and the GL Corps, Nightwing, Flash and 2 of Justice League.

Its definitely canon but, apart from a few issues here and there, it won't upset the status quo too much, I reckon.

I preferred The Casting to The Forge, incidentally...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's got a lot of potential but strange that it will run as far as February as I can see it fall to pieces when The Doomsday Clock arc is done around November.

It's got a lot of potential but strange that it will run as far as February as I can see it fall to pieces when The Doomsday Clock arc is done around November.

It's running til Feb?! Crap, I thought it'd be done before Doomsday Clock... I now share your fears...

It's running til Feb?! Crap, I thought it'd be done before Doomsday Clock... I now share your fears...

yep

metal-reading-order.jpg

Bonkers really Doomsday arc is supposed to be the ultimate reason behind Rebirth, Metal is exploring a rabbit hole in a mole hill it's gonna be good by the looks of things so far but it will get lost in the grand scheme, anyone going to their local store Wednesday week for the midnight cover of issue 1?

Bonkers really Doomsday arc is supposed to be the ultimate reason behind Rebirth, Metal is exploring a rabbit hole in a mole hill it's gonna be good by the looks of things so far but it will get lost in the grand scheme, anyone going to their local store Wednesday week for the midnight cover of issue 1?

No real interest in the midnight opening since I'll be up at 6am the next day but I've got the main series on my pull list anyway.

Incidentally, it really bugs me how DC always numbers their one-shots. Like, there's not gonna be a second issue of these books so why call them #1?! Ugh...

They're tie in stories related to the title some of them are two parter sometimes, I think there are at least 5 variant covers for issue one of Metal including the midnight one, I want to get it but don't drive so not queuing and paying for a taxi home if there's any left the next day I might grab one but I'd rather the sketch cover I've seen so far, convergence was a killer for me run like this as not all the stores got all the variants and collecting covers in spread out runs like this can be expensive and very difficult to complete. Just hope it's a better run story but the premise so far seems to be worth a read.

• Advertisement

Tbh, I don't even know what the story of Metal will be (beyond what's been hinted in The Casting and The Forge); only reason I'm reading is Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo! Looking forward to the surprise though!

I'm pretty sure Doomsday Clock is more prelude than anything else.

Not overly hyped about Metal at the moment. Hopefully that changes.

I really think Mr Miracle will be excellent though.

I'm pretty sure Doomsday Clock is more prelude than anything else.

Not overly hyped about Metal at the moment. Hopefully that changes.

I really think Mr Miracle will be excellent though.

A prelude?

I'd love to but we have no comic shop here

and a drive up and down to Dublin with work the next morning wouldn't be the brightest idea

A prelude?

To the bigger Rebirth event. It's a big deal but it's still just leading up to the great Crisis or whatever happens. My understanding, and I could well be very wrong, was that while it will have more ramifications than 'The Button' it's still not a climax.

To the bigger Rebirth event. It's a big deal but it's still just leading up to the great Crisis or whatever happens. My understanding, and I could well be very wrong, was that while it will have more ramifications than 'The Button' it's still not a climax.

Ah yes, I see. Yeah I'd wager you're correct there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The OZ Effect is also running in Action Comics in September in 6 parts which will explain some of the Rebirth mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 23,202 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I know theres a lot of Batman fans so letting ye know ye may enjoy this current arc from Suicide Squad "Kill All Your Darlings".

pjohnson wrote: »
    I know theres a lot of Batman fans so letting ye know ye may enjoy this current arc from Suicide Squad "Kill All Your Darlings".

I've never been able to get into Suicide Squad in any form...

Just finished Batman vol. 3: I Am Bane. It was really good but ended way too abruptly. Good story though and the final few issues in the book are really great.

• Advertisement

War of Jokes and Riddles is way too ducked up, really enjoying it but it's bone chilling.

Advertisement