Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Rebirth

Options
  • 29-03-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread or a mention about it here.

Watched the announcement there over the weekend, and think this will be the perfect timing for me to get into buying single issues, and setup a pull list with my go to comic shop.

Will probably still continue with buying TPB's catching up on the stories I am already reading, but it's clearly the next step I need to take in my Comic book adventure, the daunting task of buying singles :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Tbh, the only Rebirth title that has me excited is All-Star Batman. Scott Snyder fully gets Batman and has done an unreal job so far. The prospect of him tackling more of the classic villains, especially with the cadre of amazing artists he has on board, is really exciting.

I'm definitely intrigued by the main Batman series because Tom King's current run on The Vision is one of Marvel's strongest comics at the moment. If he can replicate that sort of quality with Batman and Batman Rebirth, then DC have something special on their hands.

For the rest, so much of DC's output has been so drab of late that I'm just not arsed. That said, the €2.99 price point will definitely encourage me to give a few #1s a try, in case there's anything good in there. Batgirl, Superman and possibly Green Arrow will be things I'll check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah I guess on DC die of things, I've only really touched of New 52 Batman and Justice League. So its kind of a perfect opportunity for me to get into singles, at #1.

I'm normally buying TPB's at €80-100 euro a month, so being able to focus in on keeping current with singles will be nice, and keeping up maybe one or two of the series I'm working through. Like while it was worth the wait, I'd to wait like 6 months for Endgame in soft cover, and I'll be waiting another six-seven months for volume 8, even though Hardcover, it's coming out shortly, or is already out.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Have been reading a variety of characters in trades and decided to take a chance on some of the Rebirth titles.

Put in an order for all star Batman, Batgirl, Trinity, Supergirl, Superwoman and New Superman. :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Delirium wrote: »
    Have been reading a variety of characters in trades and decided to take a chance on some of the Rebirth titles.

Put in an order for all star Batman, Batgirl, Trinity, Supergirl, Superwoman and New Superman. :)

Yeah I setup a Pull List for the first time yesterday, I'm starting off with All Star Batman, Batman, Flash and Superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Where's the best place to order these online?

Ideally I'd like a sub type thing so it just arrives

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Where's the best place to order these online?

Ideally I'd like a sub type thing so it just arrives

Online as in digital copies, or you want the physical copies delivered?

For online I don't know, probably DC's own platform, or Comixology.

For retailers, I guess most Comic shops will setup a pull list and post? I know Big Bang do.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Online as in digital copies, or you want the physical copies delivered?

For online I don't know, probably DC's own platform, or Comixology.

For retailers, I guess most Comic shops will setup a pull list and post? I know Big Bang do.

physical copies not really a fan of reading comics on a screen its just not the same.

i'll have a look at big bang thanks

Big Bang gets my vote again.

Big Bang gets my vote again.

Was looking they don't have a website.

So probably not a option for me since I'm in limerick

If you email them at info@thebigbang.ie they'll get you sorted. They deliver worldwide; also all their comics are dollar price, so they're cheaper than most other Irish comic shops!

• Advertisement

Have to say the lack of website is criminal in 2016.

Granted I pay a visit in there once a month and pick up some stuff, I'm a freak for an impulse buy. And it's all being going through Book Depository at the moment.

I got an e-mail this morning notifying my first DC Rebirth title was in and ready for collection(Think its the oneshot setting up the thing) and while I'm there will probably grab a few bits.

but the lack of website is weird.

If you email them at info@thebigbang.ie they'll get you sorted. They deliver worldwide; also all their comics are dollar price, so they're cheaper than most other Irish comic shops!

thanks ive fired them an email

Have to say the lack of website is criminal in 2016.

Granted I pay a visit in there once a month and pick up some stuff, I'm a freak for an impulse buy. And it's all being going through Book Depository at the moment.

I got an e-mail this morning notifying my first DC Rebirth title was in and ready for collection(Think its the oneshot setting up the thing) and while I'm there will probably grab a few bits.

but the lack of website is weird.

I'm the opposite. At this point with social media being the main point of interaction that most businesses use, I find most business websites to be tedious and unengaging. For a (comic) book store, the only positive I could see is being able to view stock (which is unrealistic for an independent store) or ordering online. Tbh, for an independent store like TBB, I'm much happier their resources are spent giving amazing customer service instore as well as organising all the cool events they do than for them to put effort into maintaining a website that wouldn't really add to the customer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Asgard Comics in Wexford now have a website for online purchasing and so does Hidden Treasure Comics in Dublin

http://asgardcomics.ie/

https://htcomicsdublin.com/

Cheers lads got sorted with the lads in the big bang.

Have my first one already in the post :)

Cheers lads got sorted with the lads in the big bang.

Have my first one already in the post :)

DC Rebirth #1? I'm halfway through it at the moment. I'm not really a Geoff Johns fan but I'm actually quite enjoying this.

What other books did you put on your list?

What other books did you put on your list?

Yep rebirth #1

I've started with the following

Batman: Rebirth
    Justice Leauge: Rebirth
    Superman: Rebirth
    The Flash: Rebirth
    Green Arrow: Rebirth

Rebirth#1 was good! Actually a really solid jumping on point for new readers, which is a smart move. I can't remember what I've subbed for...

Rebirth#1 was good! Actually a really solid jumping on point for new readers, which is a smart move. I can't remember what I've subbed for...

Finished reading it just now very good indeed

I definitely enjoyed it, definitely confused

As someone who really only read Batman from the 52, there is a lot of stuff and people in this that I was all over the place :D

• Advertisement

I definitely enjoyed it, definitely confused

As someone who really only read Batman from the 52, there is a lot of stuff and people in this that I was all over the place :D

Sometimes with these reboot type things, it's better to just dive in and ride it out; you'll enjoy Rebirth regardless I reckon, they'll fill in the blanks as they go!

Was going to wait once a month to head into TBB and pickup all my singles, but seeing the twitter spam this morning the hype has got me.

Dropped of an email to enquire about postage options to get them sent as early as possible :D

Think I'll also ask them to invoice me for Green Lantern #1 and green Arrow #1. ****it might as well grab all the #1's as something might tickle my fancy. Pretty much caught up to date on all my TPB's so I find my money can go on lots and lots of singles :D

Was going to wait once a month to head into TBB and pickup all my singles, but seeing the twitter spam this morning the hype has got me.

Dropped of an email to enquire about postage options to get them sent as early as possible :D

Think I'll also ask them to invoice me for Green Lantern #1 and green Arrow #1. ****it might as well grab all the #1's as something might tickle my fancy. Pretty much caught up to date on all my TPB's so I find my money can go on lots and lots of singles :D

THIS is what DC is doing right. People are saying "fcuk it, I'll take a punt on #1; it's only €2.99!" If the books are good quality, they're set. I'm gonna buy most of the #1s as well cos fcuk it!

A couple of years ago, when Marvel was barrelling out new series left and right, Big Bang made the very savvy move of charging only €2 for every #1. I ended up subbing to so many series that I would have completely missed. Rebirth is DC's chance to have the same effect, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

For all the heat DC are getting about another reboot, jumping on points are needed every few years. I sorta skipped jumping onto the New 52 after a bad investment in some of their previous events. Bad timing on my part. I'd be quite happy with full runs of the New 52 Batman, Justice League and a few others. Instead, I have full runs of 52 and Countdown and Final Crisis... including most of the tie-ins..... ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 star_barbie

I read Geoff Johns' DC Rebirth #1 this week, which despite never having read any of The Flash, or read Flashpoint, I still liked. Then I got to the end and OMG. So eager to see how this resolves over the coming couple of years (apparently). I presume it'll be teased out in Justice League? I wonder where else they'll allude to it.

Excited about Batman (although not about David Finch on art really because of his work on Wonder Woman), Wonder Woman (great team!), All-Star Batman (although a roster of artists sometimes feels weird to me, there's no constant aesthetic to a character), Detective Comics (because Batwoman back!), and the Batgirl books.

Green Arrow meant to be amazing, also Superwoman is something I'd like to read.

But yeah, as you all said, the lower price point is going to make me read an awful lot of them at the start!!

Got my delivery this morning of Flash, Superman and Batman. Also put myself down to Green Arrow when it restocks.

As mentioned above, the low price point makes it a no brainer for me to try some things out. I've been predominantly buying Trades since I first got into comics last year, so thats buying 4-6 trades a month for €15-20 a pop.

All of a sudden I'm finished most of the series I've been reading, so my put aside $$$ for comics, can get me volume wise, a LOT of singles.

Got my delivery this morning of Flash, Superman and Batman. Also put myself down to Green Arrow when it restocks.

As mentioned above, the low price point makes it a no brainer for me to try some things out. I've been predominantly buying Trades since I first got into comics last year, so thats buying 4-6 trades a month for €15-20 a pop.

All of a sudden I'm finished most of the series I've been reading, so my put aside $$$ for comics, can get me volume wise, a LOT of singles.

they have certainly hit a sweet spot for me with the price point anyway.

Just finished batman #1 interesting story

• Registered Users Posts: 15 star_barbie

STILL haven't read any beyond the initial one shot by Geoff Johns, I think I'm kind of saving them up.

• Advertisement

STILL haven't read any beyond the initial one shot by Geoff Johns, I think I'm kind of saving them up.

Not a bad idea. I reckon I'm gonna get trades for the most part tbh.

Advertisement