Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

finished superman 1,flash 1 and arrow 1 tonight enjoyed them

now onto my 52 vol 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dunworth1 wrote: »
    finished superman 1,flash 1 and arrow 1 tonight enjoyed them

now onto my 52 vol 1 :)

I threw Green arrow onto my pull list when it comes back in stock.

At the moment I'm subscribed to :

Superman
    Batman
    Flash
    Action Comics
    Detective Comics
    All Star Batman
    Justice League
    Green Arrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

First issue of Justice League was decent enough. I'll read the first arc anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Read the new Suicide Squad. Obviously going for the movie look. Harley is blonde with coloured tips like the movie, they brought back
    Rick Flag
    and then Waller is no longer the thin model like version. I suppose it's a way to pick up new readers based on the movie.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Read the new Suicide Squad. Obviously going for the movie look. Harley is blonde with coloured tips like the movie, they brought back
    Rick Flag
    and then Waller is no longer the thin model like version. I suppose it's a way to pick up new readers based on the movie.

Was it any good?

• Advertisement

ive been a bit busy so i'm only catching up but i'm really liking the batman and superman story
    the gotham twins are interesting

Was it any good?

Not a lot happened. Was pretty much just setting it up for the new team. Will try the next couple issues at least

• Registered Users Posts: 15 star_barbie

Finally got through my pile (apart from Wonder Woman)!

Loved Green Arrow, Nightwing, Detective Comics (I'm just glad Batwoman is back - characterisation of one character kinda threw me). Really liked how Batman started... then by #4 I had some doubts about 'stuff'. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey was pretty decent, love how Dinah was drawn, occasionally less mad about Barbara. Read Batgirl and liked it well enough, quite like how those two books slot together as well.

One thing I don't like about Detective Comics is how often Stephanie uncovers her face, no matter where they are. while everyone else stays masked.
    Then again, her name is Spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

These are coming thick and fast at me, serious backlog developing!

PRetty much enjoying everything I'm reading. Didn't think I'd be into Green Arrow, but very much enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I picked up Suicide Squad Rebirth at DCC on Sunday, purely out of interest arising form seeing the movie on Saturday. Not a particularly great issue, just set up but I'll give it a few issues to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I've been buying the combined novels for years and doing bulk buys of singles, but with this rebirth I have set up a pull list up in Big Bang. Looking forward to getting through them this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 star_barbie

Did anyone read Superwoman - thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CHOPSK

Batman rebirth is looking good so far, I like the way King is toying with Batmans mortality/ vulnerability (compared to other Super heroes).

I've picked up Superman, All star Batman and Aquaman, I haven't read them yet up hopefully they are decent.

CHOPSK wrote: »
    Batman rebirth is looking good so far, I like the way King is toying with Batmans mortality/ vulnerability (compared to other Super heroes).

I've picked up Superman, All star Batman and Aquaman, I haven't read them yet up hopefully they are decent.

Agreed about Batman

Superman is really great!

All-Star Batman is the best Rebirth title I've read. I think if te quality remains high, it'll go down as one of the greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

To add to NW I've really enjoyed Aquaman so far, the last issue lacked a bit of forward momentum but really put
    America and Atlantis on the brink of war.
    I do have my doubts about a full follow through though.

Other titles really worth reading are Detective Comics, Nightwing, Green Arrow, WW and Action Comics, I've enjoyed pretty much everything from Rebirth so far, some are obviously more enjoyable than others but the only one I have no interest in continuing with is Harley Quinn.

Deathstroke is one to keep an eye on, the Rebirth issue was pretty confusing but Priest is an excellent writer who hasn't written comics for a while and is bringing some real enthusiasm to this project.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CHOPSK

Aquaman seems decent so far. I'm not mad about the art work, it just lacks something.

I received Nightwing in my last post delivery but have yet to read it.

I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of Deathstroke and check it out.

Spent the day catching up on Rebirth

Out of batman, Superman, flash, and arrow

I'm enjoying the arrow story line the most

I still have 8 comics to read tomorrow to be update with what I have.

Haven't started batman beyond or all star batman yet.

There's so many stories I want but I can't have them all.

I'm a bit interested in the new animal stuff I've seen the ads for a couple
    I'm just not sure I can find the time to read more than what I've already subbed to

Wait are you talking about Arrow (the tv show tie-in comic) or Green Arrow...?

Wait are you talking about Arrow (the tv show tie-in comic) or Green Arrow...?

Green arrow Rebirth.

Didn't realize that there was a TV show tie in version

• Advertisement

Green arrow Rebirth.

Didn't realize that there was a TV show tie in version

It looks shîte tbh, as many tv show tie-ins are. I read the first issue of Green Arrow Rebirth and left it there. Can't afford to sub to all the deadly Rebirth books so I've got All-Star Batman, and Superman; I'll buy the trades of Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow. Didn't much care for Batgirl or Supergirl unfortunately. Really wanted to like them, particularly Batgirl...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well I have been away from single issues for a long long time but I started back this year, supporting Nick Roche and his Wreckers series, and when DC Rebirth happened well take the plunge and college had finished and wanted something a little less taxing on the brain.

Started buying issue from Asgard Comics in Wexford but soon released cheaper to get them online posted from UK perhaps due to brexit.

So 4 months and 135 issues later I can see I'm really enjoying DC Rebirth The one shots were a great idea a nice way to re introduce and introduce myself to some old and new characters. Also great to see Action and Detective return to old number system one of my irks with comics is the "death" of numbering and relaunching new volumes. Back In college the past 2 weeks I've haven't read the last couple of weeks yet properly

The "Batman Family" is half and half with me at the moment Detective, Batman and All Star are very good titles with Nightwing, Batgirl and Birds of Prey average at the moment.

"Superman Family" Superman, Action and Superwoman I'm enjoying, New Superman is ok enjoyable has an interesting spin, Supergirl is ok I think it will get better.

Wonder Woman is great I like the past/present alternating issues. Trinity great first issue would have liked to see a Rebirth one shot though.

Justice Leaque & Others I'm enjoying Aquaman, Both Green Laterns, The Flash, Justice Leaque, Titans but Cyborg only a couple of issues and I'm not that sold on it. Teen Titans yet to read.

The others ? Green Arrow, Suicide Squad and Red Hood & The Outlaws I'm enjoying with Deathstroke and Blue Beetle in the ok group with Hellblazer and Harley Quinn not really enjoying with Harley Quinn my least favorite of all the Rebirth title and yet to read Batman Beyond.

New Animal looks good I'll probably pick up Doom Patrol this week.

Jeezus fcuk, if Superman isn't one of the best superhero comics out there at the moment, I don't know what is!

McLoughlin wrote:
    New Animal looks good I'll probably pick up Doom Patrol this week.

What did you think of doom patrol?

I couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on

So what comics so far have covered the events of Rebirth? I think I saw the Smiley Face someweher recently and I think a recent Batman had a shot of the letter given to him in Flashpoint

So what comics so far have covered the events of Rebirth? I think I saw the Smiley Face someweher recently and I think a recent Batman had a shot of the letter given to him in Flashpoint

Titans has the main storyline. Tec and Action have had some impact from it and the last Flash had a bit and looks like it will pick it up now. They're really playing a slowburner with it at the moment and have a different crossover planned for January I believe.

Anyone read Superman #10? It was everything I wanted and I'm very hyped for SuperSons, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What did you think of doom patrol?

I couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on

I am the same not really getting it yet but I'll stick the the first story and see where it goes from there. Got myself the nice little Young Animal Ashcan this week Shad and cave Carson I'm really enjoying

Mr. Oz captured Tim Drake in Detective Comics and he also captured Doomsday in Action Comics and some other people who we don't know yet, Saturn Girl is in Arkham which was shown briefly in Batman. Wally West was removed by Abra Kadabra but someone else messed things around

Three Jokers hasn't been explained yet that is the one I hope they don't ditch

Picked up The Flash vol. 1 tpb today. It has the Rebirth one-shot and the first 8 issues of the series. Seriously great value! Looking forward to reading it. Anyone picked up any Rebirth vol. 1s?

How are people getting on with Rebirth at the moment? There's been some big enough events recently.

The Button:
    Had a great first issue that was masterfully plotted,
    the last three were a bit meh for me with some nice moments but overall I felt it was mostly a tease. Was a noticeable shift from King to Williamson.

The Lazarus Contract:
    Overall was pretty good, pretty heart breaking for both the Wallys though. As ever felt Priest's parts were the best. He should have some influence on any Deathstroke that makes its way to the bi screen.

Batman 24:
    Will Catwoman say yes? If she does do we think editors will allow any wedding to actually happen and if so how long would it stay as the status quo. Still have a lot of hype for War of Jokes and Riddles.

• Advertisement

overall i'm enjoying them

except for all start batman i'm really struggling with it considering dropping it

Advertisement