Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France v England

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

In fairness it looked like he was thinking of the recovery position. Bad instinct but don't think it was malicious.

True but head/neck injury is a don't touch kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Farrell and Brown will now lift the trophy according to BBC, how galling is that

kilns wrote: »
    Farrell and Brown will now lift the trophy according to BBC, how galling is that

Not sure Hartley is a more palatable option. He's behaved himself these past few week though. Shame for him that he won't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Not sure Hartley is a more palatable option. He's behaved himself these past few week though. Shame for him that he won't be there.

Are there any English rugby players who would be palatable? I'm struggling to think of any.

Itoje maybe...but even he hasn't been around long enough to annoy me yet!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Loathe as I am to say it, I think Hartley has risen above himself these past few weeks

• Advertisement

Robshaw is likeable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

England are suffocating France every time France have the ball. They can't get their forwards or backs going in any forward direction whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

If he hadn't tried to tackle the French guy's shins he wouldn't have got that knock. Hope he's okay, obviously, but it's his own fault.

Yea, it's totally his own fault, but certain quarters won't talk about that aspect. Alas that's not for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Avonne

France are infuriating. Every time they get into a position they **** it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kruis has been excellent all tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

France is turnover central

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

The irony of robshaw lifting the trophy would be entertaining after the world cup

BBDBB wrote: »
    The irony of robshaw lifting the trophy would be entertaining after the world cup

Yes, definitely, I want Robshaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The player of the Championship has to go to Itoje. Even at this stage he's hitting rucks ferociously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

France look clueless out there when they have the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Game over. If France had a functioning lineout...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The player of the Championship has to go to Itoje. Even at this stage he's hitting rucks ferociously.

He is an animal.

England's depth is frightening.

Launchbury and Lawes are class also

That's that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭A-Train

That is that! How Ireland lost to this French team I will never know!

Game Over

The French line out and the Owens decision the difference

• Advertisement

Vunipola looks delighted celebrating that last turnover

28_days_later_zombie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mattser

Get in there. Well done England. Great guts on the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Fair play to England. Team of the championship by far.

Also, regarding Brian Moore, feel free to switch to French TV. You'll still have bias, but not in favour of England. Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    me

kiss

• Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well done england didn't expect a GS from them. The 2017 championship is going to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Big win for England, they'll gain more from this than they would have if they steamrolled them. Closed the game out very well and didn't concede a try in the whole game.

Inverdale is off changing his pants as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

BBDBB wrote: »
    Can we say that in the wake of "gypsy boy gate" ?

Indeed.

Brian Moore cannot be refereed to as a 'colour' commentator.

He is an 'African American commentator', or 'Commentator of colour' if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Congratulations to England. Anything else I want to add is going to sound sour, so we'll done, grand slams aren't easy to win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

kilns wrote: »
    Game Over

The French line out and the Owens decision the difference

Brown and possibly another English player should've been yellowed in the first half for striking on the ground.

With the full 15, England have been best but they've got some big big decisions wrongly go their way against Italy, Ireland, Wales and France.

The winning team in many sports does get that though and I'm no doubt spurred by bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

Good to see Hartley up and about again. Looks fine.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Inverdale is off changing his pants as we speak.

Guscott is doing a John Terry since Hartley can't life the trophy.

Advertisement