Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had the sharpshooter (€5 from Game when they closed, didn't have move at all as was looking for deals) was hoping that could be used but that makes me interested in the game more so than I was during the conference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Doge wrote: »
    *Batman PSVR*
    Can't wait to play that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Star Wars VR has more than sealed the deal for me. In fact, I may live inside an X-Wing for the rest of my days...and taking the headset off will be like the ultimate VR experience for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There was a behind closed doors thing for Batman, read a tweet that kinda funny put something up.

It's an hour long and apparently amazing. It's more experience than game, but still it's meant to be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Varik wrote: »
    There was a behind closed doors thing for Batman, read a tweet that kinda funny put something up.

It's an hour long and apparently amazing. It's more experience than game, but still it's meant to be unreal.

I would happily shell out cash to feel like batman for an hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If it does well, I can see them doing a full game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Are there gloves for this software, to incorporate your hands/fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

phobia2011 wrote: »

It uses proprietary hand controllers, similar to Wiimotes but obviously work differently

phobia2011 wrote: »
    It uses proprietary hand controllers, similar to Wiimotes but obviously work differently

Are you guys talking about controllers for PSVR in general or specifically for Batman VR?

The controllers that are being used currently are the PS Move controllers for PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Doge wrote: »
    Are you guys talking about controllers for PSVR in general or specifically for Batman VR?

The controllers that are being used currently are the PS Move controllers for PS3.

PSVR in general. I thought they were move controllers and then mixed up the Vives or Oculus Rifts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Heard it wasn't great. A detective vision crime scene sequence type thing for the most part. It's that kind of Wii type game that gives me the fear for VR. VR X-Wing is what I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has anyone tried the VR Systems for phones?... Wondering would getting one provide an indication on what to expect with PS VR...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Has anyone tried the VR Systems for phones?... Wondering would getting one provide an indication on what to expect with PS VR...

Gear VR is good if you've a compatible Samsung phone. FOV is nowhere near as good as Oculus Rift/Vive/presumably PS VR due to the nature of how it works i.e uses your phone.

Still impressive and gives a great sample of what VR can do. Not as immersive as the dedicated headsets but gets the idea across well.

Some of the cheap VR headsets that work with any phone are decent, a huge amount of them are garbage though and give VR a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Gear VR is good if you've a compatible Samsung phone. FOV is nowhere near as good as Oculus Rift/Vive/presumably PS VR due to the nature of how it works i.e uses your phone.

Still impressive and gives a great sample of what VR can do. Not as immersive as the dedicated headsets but gets the idea across well.

Some of the cheap VR headsets that work with any phone are decent, a huge amount of them are garbage though and give VR a bad name.

Was contemplating on purchasing one from wish.com for about €25 delivered.. I suppose it's worth it to just try anyways, at the end of the day it will only be 1/12th the cost of PS VR...

Would probably have purchased Vive if it wasn't so expensive and if you could purchase with Steam wallet, but damn it seems like a rip off to be fair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I suppose you get what you pay for though, PS VR itself is way cheaper than the Rift CV1 or Vive but it's not going to be as good as either PC headset (from a performance point of view obviously, I'm sure the headset itself will be great).

Dunnes Stores sell a 'VR Box' headset that's pretty OK quality for €30. I used one and found it a decent intro to the 'idea' of VR. An appetizer, even. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Make sure whatever Android VR you buy has some for of input specifically the magnetic switch at the side that Google Cardboard looks for, most dont and it leaves them crippled. Ive never gotten a bluetooth controller to work either despite multiple attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That "Star Wars VR" trailer is just one big heap of lies, theres no way in hell it will look like that on PS4 specs. Also its not a Star Wars VR game, its a VR mission add on for Battlefront, no doubt it'll cost the same as a full game though. Same for Batman VR or whatever, not a proper game, just an "experience" lasting an hour or two, tech demos in other words, like most of those trailers Doge posted. Very sceptical about this platform, feels like its been a bit thrown together before the hardware is ready, I feel like that about Oculus and Vive on pc nevermind trying to do it on a Playstation. Im happy to wait it out for this gen anyway, got enough in my back catalouge to keep me occupied before I make the leap.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/13/introducing-star-wars-battlefront-x-wing-vr-mission/

Star Wars Vr mission is free if you own star wars battlefront, so worth a shot i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just got a delivery update from Amazon: October 18/19th. Still not sure if I'm going to cancel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Just got a delivery update from Amazon: October 18/19th. Still not sure if I'm going to cancel though.

I have every intention of buying mine in Argos. At that time of the year they normally have cracking deals .

Before I buy though... I want to know for definite if I will be able to use PSVR headset on my pc...wich would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

is it true that the Rez Infinite game ( the VR remake) will be released along with the VR headset????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Doodleking wrote: »
    is it true that the Rez Infinite game ( the VR remake) will be released along with the VR headset????

I believe it will be a launch title but it won't be a pack-in game, if that's what you're asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Oh, I thought it would be a pack-in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Any demos in Ireland?

Posted this in the other VR threads, might as well share it with my Playstation heads:

Just had a cool idea on a cheap holder or stand for the rift / vive / psvr.

You can buy these polystyrene full sized mannequin / dummy heads for cheap on ebay:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Polystyrene-Black-Foam-Male-Mannequin-Dummy-Stand-Model-Shop-Display-Head-New-/390872796521?hash=item5b01d58d69:g:oEMAAOxyIv5TlSFv

More choices

010434_zpsff618e23.jpg

0104342_zps2524ff8c.jpg

If you're worried about them tipping over you can buy a special clamp for them, heres the cheapest one on Aliexpress $3.85 delivered:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Brand-New-Adjustable-Hair-Salon-Hairdressing-Clamp-Training-Black-Head-Mannequin-Holder-Free-Shipping/32523682099.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.45.W3QnLi&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_2_10017_405_301_507,searchweb201603_1&btsid=5bac2ff2-ec63-4aa4-873c-8b07cac5aef7

Brand-New-Adjustable-Hair-Salon-Hairdressing-Clamp-Training-Black-Head-Mannequin-Holder-Free-Shipping.jpg

I have no idea if theres a hole in the base of the mannequin head I posted already, but it cant be that hard to cut one out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What I want is a carry case for the headset.

I plan on taking it home at Christmas to show it to my family but I don't have a case suitable for it. May have to carry it in whatever box it comes in but I expect that to be quite large.

Advertisement