Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭Doge

Things are looking good sales wise already:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-playstation-vr-preorder-stock-sells-out-in-min/1100-6441395/

It remains to be seen howit will be adopted after release though.

Man, i really hope it gets supported on PC be it officially or unofficially.

If they make it easy for people to hack or release an SDK it would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Doge wrote: »
    Things are looking good sales wise already:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-playstation-vr-preorder-stock-sells-out-in-min/1100-6441395/

It remains to be seen howit will be adopted after release though.

Man, i really hope it gets supported on PC be it officially or unofficially.

If they make it easy for people to hack or release an SDK it would be amazing.

Hmmm, no numbers though. So we have no idea about stock levels. There might not be many units available.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Where is the best place to pre order this ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Moreilly wrote: »
    Where is the best place to pre order this ?

As far as I know there is no european release date yet - only available in the US in october.

Open to correction.

EDIT: Available in europe too, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon UK are saying October 13th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Even with Sterling low, the UK price is too high and who knows what Euro:sterling will go to between now and october.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I had a look at amazon uk, seemed expensive when converted.
    Gamestop seem to have pre orders for this, not sure what they are like as never used them, might be shortages http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/GameStop+(GME)+Sells+Out+of+PlayStation+VR+Systems+in+4+Minutes/11795404.html

considering ordering from amazon spain, price looks good and cant really go wrong with amazon. only difference would be a two pin plug coming from the cable running to the little black box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

So Star Wars Battlefront VR is a PS4 exclusive . I wanted it on PC as well as PS4...damn,
    http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/48117/will-pc-see-a-battlefront-x-wing-vr-experience

The mannequin head came today! Luckily it already has a hole on the base for use with the clamp.

KBcoTRM.jpg

yD5SMyB.jpg

wZysB0P.jpg

Some day I hope to have a proper VR headset for it to mind!

The only con is that if you scrape it with your finger a tiny layer of black residue comes off from the paint.

It's basically a white one paint painted black so the white ones don't have this issue.

Also the clamp is essential as the weight of the headset will make the head tip over as it's so light.

Still though, probably the coolest and best stand you can get for under 10 quid.

Funnily enough just as I was about to post it in the Virtual Reality Facebook group , some guy posted a more elegant solution just before me!

It's called the Cybust and can stand on your desk without a clamp that costs €80.

BqhZzSZ.jpg

http://cybust.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

does anyone know of any actual cases that are coming out to put the vr in by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

does anyone know of any actual cases that are coming out to put the vr in by any chance?

I saw this but no idea of quality or anyhting like that.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AC257-playstation-vr-hard-case

Large.png

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Otacon wrote: »
    I saw this but no idea of quality or anyhting like that.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AC257-playstation-vr-hard-case

Large.png

cheers gonna keep on an eye on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Doge wrote: »
    Funnily enough just as I was about to post it in the Virtual Reality Facebook group , some guy posted a more elegant solution just before me!

It's called the Cybust and can stand on your desk without a clamp that costs €80.

BqhZzSZ.jpg[IMG][/img]http://cybust.com
    Shouldnt be too much effort to get rid of that clamp on yours, find a nice base piece of wood or some other material and glue or screw it onto it, the clamp just doesnt look great tbh.

Thargor wrote: »
    Shouldnt be too much effort to get rid of that clamp on yours, find a nice base piece of wood or some other material and glue or screw it onto it, the clamp just doesnt look great tbh.

Thats a great idea and you made me realise something I can use.

I have a medium sized desktop mic stand I bought in maplin:

K71auKx.jpg

It's a heavy cast iron base so it's not tipping over.

I had to stuff some of that foam packing that came with it into he hole to stop it tilting forward a bit, but tbh I had to do the same with the clamp.

It's a little bit high but there's an even smaller mic stand you can buy which would be perfect:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000KH9SME/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1469046125&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=desktop+mic+stand

41NeL8VRJgL._SY400_.jpg

Maplin don't stock them anymore unfortunately.

Alternatively you could buy a wooden Paper Towel holder and cut the shaft down to size. The shaft is thicker so you may not need to mess with stuffing the hole to keep it tilting.

That sounds so bad! :P

The clacp may look sucky but it was only $3 dollars delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah thats a lot nicer, another thing I was thinking of is a bust of Caesars head or something like that, Im sure Aliexpress or someone sells cheap ceramic ones. All you need now is a proper VR setup to display on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Get a bust of your own fat head :pac:

*I don't mean that you have a fat head

Get a bust of your own fat head :pac:

*I don't mean that you have a fat head

doge-mask-703.jpg

dogemum.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hmm, "pixelated"...

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

can any one recommend were to get the Move controllers and camera cheaper?
    have the VR preorder so just want to have everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

gmg678 wrote: »

I put these up here months ago when they where €8 and no one listened :P

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SP3MCON001#.V5jDQTUkqbg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Some places should be able to bump up your pre-order to the "full" VR package for an extra 100 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

RedXIV wrote: »

Some places should be able to bump up your pre-order to the "full" VR package for an extra 100 quid?
    my partner is getting it for my birthday so she will have to order it in.

Has that been announced in Irish shops?think it was Smyths she ordered it in.

my partner is getting it for my birthday so she will have to order it in.

Has that been announced in Irish shops?think it was Smyths she ordered it in.

Hasn't been announced yet, but as it gets closer to the launch, I wouldn't be surprised if it's confirmed

Anyone see this report about your "play area" for the PS VR?

playstation_vr_space.jpg
    Sony has revealed how much room you'll need to play PlayStation VR, recommending that users have at least a 3 metre by 1.9 metre play area to use the headset.

The size requirements were found inside a PlayStation VR document uploaded to Reddit, which also recommends that users "remain seated" while using the headset "whenever possible", and that they sit back at least 0.6m (2 ft) from the PlayStation Camera.

"Limit your use of PS VR to within the Play Area," Sony says. "The height of the Play Area depends on the range captured by the camera. Clear an area larger than the Play Area of all obstacles before using PS VR and remain seated whenever possible. If an application requires you to stand while wearing, the VR headset, follow the application instructions carefully, and maintain awareness of your surroundings".

You can check out a diagram of the space requirements above.

PlayStation VR launches on October 13 for £349.

Source: reddit.com

I won't have that kind of space in my room so I'm wondering how well this will work for me now....first time I've had a doubt since I preordered it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

RedXIV wrote: »
    Anyone see this report about your "play area" for the PS VR?

playstation_vr_space.jpg

I won't have that kind of space in my room so I'm wondering how well this will work for me now....first time I've had a doubt since I preordered it :(

My "Playroom" is 9 foot by 8 foot. Dunno will that be large enough either.

I didn't think you needed to get up from sitting to play this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'll only be using it to a have a 52" screen without having to buy and mount a 52" screen. Thankfully as I just don't have space for any of the other features, same as Kinect, only use it for voice and log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Driveclub VR being real and a full price game is kinda annoying but also obvious, they weren't going to release that as DLC. Still would hope there's a upgrade option or something as while it's a huge feature it's still going to be mostly the same content wise as the dev team is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Myrddin wrote: »

Hmm, "pixelated"...

Why fixate on one minor negative mentioned in the whole review, when the vast majority of the video is extremely positive in respect of the VR Headset. I have seen lots of reviews now based on the Best Buy experiences over in the US, and I have yet to see a negative review. That gives me a lot of confidence in the quality of the product.

Also the console used in the presentation is the standard PS4 - There was an article in EDGE a while back quoting an "insider" as saying that the VR headset runs like crap on the standard PS4 and that the NEO/PS4.5 was created to make sure the VR headset could deliver on promise. I guess that was a load of cow plop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

irishash wrote: »
    Why fixate on one minor negative mentioned in the whole review, when the vast majority of the video is extremely positive in respect of the VR Headset.

Normally I wouldn't, but pixelation is the one and only thing that let the Rift DK1 down so badly, and if PSVR suffers from the same level of pixelation, it's very noteworthy, and would be a deal breaker for me. Someone who never used VR before would still be blown away by it, but it becomes a huge problem after the initial 'wow' fades away.

Advertisement