Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Anyone know if / when the psvr2 will be stocked by smyths?. Not mad on buying one from GameStop if they may close soon and Sony can be a pain if you have a problem. It’s good to be able to bring it back to a brick and mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,161 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Gamestop have exclusivity on psvr2 retail sales

• Registered Users Posts: 4,334 ✭✭✭jj880

Haven't seen anything but I'll be waiting until another store takes over sales too for same reason as you. I know its a long way away but Im hoping a bundle appears some time between now and Christmas also. Something like the PSVR1 mega pack would be great. Im in no panic yet unless an astrobot sequel appears.

I read somewhere that from the 12th Sonys exclusivity with stores ends but there isn’t anything on smyths website about it.

Same here can hold of I have the first one with a bit of a back log so not in a mad hurry but would probably pick it up if it was available in a bricks and mortar store

• Advertisement

Think this is what I was reading but it’s Uk specific doesn’t mention Ireland

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/psvr-2-will-soon-be-available-at-major-retailers/1100-6513655/

You're much better protected as a consumer if you buy it online rather than a bricks and mortar shop

I’ve always had a much better result when I can go and face someone rather than over a phone just my experience.

Would be interested in some source links on that. Id prefer buying online if that is the case. Just always been a habit of mine to get the console / headset / controller in person then order games online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

GameStop had the exclusive until end of may same as the controller was until middle of April that's nothing to do with them closing neither just the terms of their deal with Sony.

Smyths can't advertise it until the embargo is over but if you or anyone you know are thinking of buying a VR 2 online or bricks and mortar store definitely consider buying from a company that will still exist in 8 weeks time for peace of mind but seeing as it's a very flimsy item with a break in the returns policy as it's a cosmetic consumer product definitely look into the returns policy and warranty before spending €630

• Advertisement

'Distance contract'

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/shopping/shopping_online.html#:~:text=Extra%20rights,under%20consumer%20law%20%E2%80%93%20see%20below.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Reviews dropping in for Walkabout Mini Golf on PSVR2

Looks amazing, but I'm still shocked they didn't release this on PSVR.

Maybe with move controllers after losing tracking every time they turned round were ready to throw their "putter" through the wall 😅.

I notice at the end of that video he says the psvr2 version comes with all dlc courses at launch. He also says WMG is must own VR. He aint wrong.

Makes sense actually that smyths can’t advertise never thought of that

ah he corrects that in the comments underneath

but it looks like it's worth getting all the DLC for the reduced price.

PSVR Without Parole similarly gave it 9.5/10

Same bundle as quest now on PS Store. Main game + all DLC for 35. Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Yeah great value works out at less than a euro per round... Only got to play a few rounds there... The PSVR controller isn't as good as the quest controller for it though...

Also if you don't buy the dlc and just base game you can still play online with friends that own the DLCs I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Smyths stocking PSVR2 from today BTW for anyone interested

and they sell Pico 4 headsets.. damn I never knew these were in B&M stores

• Advertisement

Caved and bought one in Smyths earlier. Was surprised to hear that they only offer 28 days warranty then you have to go through Sony. Complete bull obviously but that’s their policy and that was from a manager. I still don’t get how places can sprout that to the customer and think it’s ok.I suppose the amount of people who just think it’s the way it is vs the people that complain makes it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I worked in Smyths 15ish years ago and when we sold an ipod there was no warranty or comeback with us at all. Everything had to be done through Apple.

Yeah that’s what they say but as far as I know that’s actually not the case. More for a consumer forum but as far as I know your contract is with the retailer you can decide whether they deal with it or you go to the manufacturer. I’m sure they are just cutting out the hassle of going to Sony / Apple themselves and leaving it for the customer to chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The contract of sale is with the shop, the shop are obligated to do warranty returns. Of course it's easier to go through the manufacturer and they will likely fob you off knowing that, but you have a 2 year warranty on electronics in Europe. The 6 year warranty in Ireland is based on price so may or may not be more than 2 years. You'd likely need to threaten legal action to get them to do anything, and knowing you can go through the retailer directly, it's not worth your time.

True it’s just mad that they get away with it. Sometimes the manufacturers can be as awkward they tell you to go to the shop and the shop sends you to manufacture so around and round you go. 🤞🏻 no issues and don’t have to return anything 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Better than awful GameStop and their 14 day warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

They really didn't think about minigolf when making the VR2 damn sensor keeps getting cut off...

Something about the port doesn't feel right to me either could just be that I don't have headset on correctly but it plays alot better on quest 2...

Ive seen this mentioned a few times in other games too. Thats disappointing. All the top specs don't mean much if the controllers aren't reliable and responsive. Perhaps it will get fixed with an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Anyone play Red Matter 2 yet?

Tempted to get it but still have Walking Dead/ Moss 2/ Synth Riders to start.

Showcase next week.

Would love to see Rescue Mission an Blood and Truth ports.

Hopefully new big new AAA game announced(maybe Tsushima VR)/Astro Bot/Half Life Alyx.

Hopefully Beat Saber and RE4 release dates as well.

• Advertisement

Of any port of an existing AAA game i'd love to see done to vr, I think cyberpunk would be top of the list

Advertisement