Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Well this doesn't look good. I know they mentioned that it would be used for viewing live concerts, etc, but there's the possibility of it potentially creeping into games if it's allowed:

PSVR In-Display Ads patent

I stopped playing NBA 2K20 recently because there are forced ads for Kia or some other jeep. No better way to kill a game or feature than to put ads in it. Don't like this, but if they guarantee it will only be for concerts, etc and will be staying away from games, then I don't mind. But money...

Wasn't that what Nolan Sorrento had planned for the Oasis? Maybe they got the idea from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A random question...
    Wasn't ps vr 199 euro? How come it's back up in price on many places.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I paid 199 that was during black Friday promo where both consoles and vr sets were discounted by around 100 euro.

This was Sony promo and was available pretty much everywhere. I guess this stock is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Cheers.
    I guess you snooze you lose. I thought it was a permanent price job. Must just get one if they do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Guitar Hero soundtrack in Beat Saber and ill instantly lash out 60euro for that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This reminds me I still need to play superhot haha.. tomorrow will be a day of VR
    So are you super hot at playing Superhot? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Saints and Sinners lads, what a game! Just started day 3 before calling it a night, tense as **** and i still gotta figure a lot of stuff out but i always thought I'd do ok in a zombie apocalypse and i think this is the closest I'll get to it. No weapons, running from zombies, running out of breath, looking behind to see where they are, trying to get back to the boat, just incredible.

S & S is tough out. Day 3, went to new location and some house that has a cache i need to loot. Surrounded by humans "hello fellow survivors" wait, where's the chat option? Bang bang bang, running for my life again but died on their property with a bag full of loot, tried again but no chance so i loaded back to the start of the day. Thankfully the game makes plenty of saves.

I think i need to go back to the first area and loot the blue House some more and upgrade my station. Good news at least, i found the slot on my backpack for a big weapon that i didn't know i could carry. Also, it's extremely satisfying grabbing a zombie with one hand, putting a pistol to it's head, pulling the trigger and then throwing the lifeless body aside. Well, it's great until you try to do it and realise you ran out of bullets.... awkward.

In other vr news, Spidey far from home is a LOT of fun, way better than the homecoming experience. Still haven't gotten to Blood and Truth yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So far impressed by Iron Man, need to get used to move controllers and start playing other games with them that I couldn't before.

The flying bits are impressive at start, but sure the novelty wears off after a while. Still cool :)

Just worried the ps4 vr could be left behind after ps5 release, but I might not even upgrade at launch anyway and now having move controllers the full library of games opens up.

99 for this was definitely worth it.

Edit: the flying actually gets better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

wonski wrote: »
    Just worried the ps4 vr could be left behind after ps5 release

My main concern is that the rule they have that "all games must work on OG PS4 as well as PS4 Pro" might be thrown out, and it will become "PS4 Pro and PS5".

Still there's loads of stuff there for PS4 that I haven't played yet, even if new games won't work on my OG, so I'll have a large library to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Crisis Vrigade 2 out July 14th with aim support. Looking forward to this, first one is a little gem

FYI to all you PS Now people out there Infinite Minigolf which has VR mode from my understanding is now free with the PS Now subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just reading that one of the DLC available as part of Rise of the Tomb Raider on Plus this month has a VR mode. It's more of a story based exploration level than anything. Called Blood Ties.

I think ive gone VR mad...

With the new sale occuring today I went and bought:

Sprint Vector
    Hide and Seek Intruder
    Five Nights at Freddys Help Wanted
    RIGS Mechanised Combat League
    VR Ping Pong Pro
    Electronauts

Soon my VR collection will be bigger than my PS4 collection :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Electronauts

Soon my VR collection will be bigger than my PS4 collection :rolleyes:

Electronauts such a fun "game" good to have a few beers with while playing!
    That's exactly what happened to me when I picked the PSVR up first.
    Every game was a VR game.

Blood and Truth FACKIN ELLLLL! I just played the decks with one hand and shot up the dance floor with a machine gun in the other. Now THAT was fun!

Do not buy VR Ping Pong Pro by the way.. what a mess

I'm going to sound like an idiot now but how do I get past the first screen that measures arm length in Iron Man? I held my arms out as they said and held the buttons. I see the confirm on the screen, hold my hand up and press the trigger button. The beam from my hand is on the button and the button is highlighted but nothing happens when I press the button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm going to sound like an idiot now but how do I get past the first screen that measures arm length in Iron Man? I held my arms out as they said and held the buttons. I see the confirm on the screen, hold my hand up and press the trigger button. The beam from my hand is on the button and the button is highlighted but nothing happens when I press the button

For the latter part, are you pressing the big button on top (not the trigger)

Told you I sounded like an idiot. Never tried that. Will try it later. Thanks

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Told you I sounded like an idiot. Never tried that. Will try it later. Thanks

I got stuck as well, had to place my hands directly into the iron Man hands on the screen before it would accept even though though wasn't really stretching them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Going to get the Iron Man bundle with Move Controllers today - can't wait! Are the controllers a big improvement on the PS3/PS4 ones or is there any difference?

It worked. I'm not very good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone getting bad motion sickness with iron man ? Or do I need get better vr legs

Anyone getting bad motion sickness with iron man ? Or do I need get better vr legs

I haven't played much iron Man but i haven't felt sick since my first week with it, not sure how much you played? I have comfort settings off in blood and truth and walking dead so been a few 'strange' feelings but nothing like that first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I haven't played much iron Man but i haven't felt sick since my first week with it, not sure how much you played? I have comfort settings off in blood and truth and walking dead so been a few 'strange' feelings but nothing like that first week.

I haven't fully gone in on it as I was occupied with TLOU2. But yeah just had around an hour with it the flying made me feel like I was going to blow chunks

I don't but I'd be used to it now.

The frame rate drops/stutter would make you feel worse.
    However if you don't have your legs built up it would be a bad one to start with.
    Tip 1 get a fan and have it blowing on you while playing this will help.
    An hour at the start in this type of movement most struggle.

Don't play through the VR sickness stop and take a rest.
    Away from the headset.

Some timing as an extended session on blood and truth just not and i had to stop. Felt myself get hot all of a sudden and then a bit whoozy. Cracking game though but yeah, best to completely step away when feeling like that.

So I went and bought more games, why, because why not..

Crisis VRigade is fun but I suck at it... A laugh for co op..

Drunkn Bar Fight, great for dicing people with random objects but feel like it will lose its replayability..

Gorn, I dont know what to think about this.. Seems like not my cuppa tea..

Star Trek, how did i spend 46mins on the first level, me and a guy i play firewall played it and it was surprisingly fun, but felt like 10mins haha..

• Advertisement

Crisis VRigade is fun but I suck at it... A laugh for co op..

Drunkn Bar Fight, great for dicing people with random objects but feel like it will lose its replayability..

Crisis VRigade is sooooo f*cking tough, you dont suck that game sucks for being difficult! (But the game is great!)
    Playing it with the Aim controller is a blast.

As for drunkn bar fight, it was a game invented by a 10yr old for 10 yr olds. it does get boring you laugh at first and then say ehhhh what is the point here and never touch it again. But people love it.

Advertisement