Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I saw some comments about the ending being re-shot and I have my own theory.

I think this will end with Indy holding on to the relic (The Dial of Destiny) and taking it with him back into the past to hide. This would be a some what apt ending as it would mean, technically, Indy doesn't die but he goes away to discover the ancient worlds and past he has spent most of his life investigating and studying - a fitting reward for someone who was obsessed with the past. Very much a bittersweet ending, but it would ensure an end (definitive) that wouldn't be about him dying or being re-cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,584 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The world premiere at Cannes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I gotta be honest, I’ve watched the trailer numerous times now and it really gets me in the feels, let’s hope the actual film can follow it up this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The TV series with Ewan MnĜregor was allright and there is nothing wrong with the Mandelorean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Fúck it, I'm in. That's an excellent trailer, and it looks like it might - might - be legitimately fun and a touching goodbye to Indy.

CGI looks garbage, but if the Dungeon and Dragons film has shown anything, it doesn't matter if the actual story within rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Yup… I’m sold. And if the intro is him waking from a nightmare and Crystal Skull was just a bad dream, all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

It look too digital and that goes against the ethos Lucas had in taking inspiration from the technicolor era adventure films. The 3 originals were lush , vibrant and lavish looking films. This looks like a Marvel movie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Looks good. Hopefully it is good and we can forget about that previous film abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I suppose it wouldnt be an Indiana Jones film without the whiny female accomplice.

Trailer doesnt look too bad apart from Waller Bridges ham acting.

Colour does seem off, doesnt look graded properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I saw Crystal Skull on TV a while back and apart from the stupid story the main thing I noticed was how terrible it looked, like a cheap cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

This.

But I'll give it ago with my 15 year old daughter in tow. She's an Indy fan because of me. I saw Ark on release at the age of ten. Transcending generations via film can be cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Looks like CGI garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I don’t need to watch the new trailer, I’m already encouraged enough with what was in the first.

Despite hopefully being a sign of confidence in the film, it’s such a pity it’s going to be at Cannes in terms of the plot being spoiled by clickbait fúckwits, at least I’m not on any social media anymore which helps massively in that regard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Far too much CGI for me. I absolutely hate Marvel movies because of the sheer amount of CGI and this looks the same unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

another little headwind for this film, Mission Impossible is coming out 2 days early in the US, so there will only be 12 days between the 2 films, based on Maverick last year, there will be massive goodwill for this film, indie will have less time to coin it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The Indiana Jones movies got worse with each one, from a high bar at Raiders to the low low of Crystal Skull. Lets just hope the new one can skip over that tiny bar.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Jesus looks abysmal. Might as well be Indiana Jones made by Chat GPT. The bar has been set so incredibly low that adults are actually looking forward to a 'film' almost made entirely in front of a green screen. This stuff is for the under 12's. The Crystal Skull might have been the raping of Indiana Jones, this one looks like it will be the defiler of the dead corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The amount of people slagging a film of based on a trailer is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noahungry

I'm afraid this is the best we can hope for...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

In case anyone was hoping the final CGI might be better? Well... ... I suppose, it looks better than Crystal Skull's own? And not so transparently fake as that prior film's jungle chase. We're a far cry from the era of just building a tank to climb & fight around.

So with a bit of luck the actual adventure might be a bit of fun.

At least they've kept the exact same machine gun FX.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well, it's premiere day today in Cannes, well over a month before its wide release, so we should hopefully at least have an idea whether it's a disaster or (fingers crossed) not well in advance.

Is Cannes likely to gush, or be filled with shills though? Not sure festival hyperventilation would persuade me lol 🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Ah hear. You can't seriously be arguing that Temple of Doom was better than the 3rd one? I have some nostalgia for Temple of Doom which seemed to endlessly be on repeat around Christmas time in the late 80s and early 90s, but let's be honest, it's well below the standard of the other two.

Young Indiana Jones is also comfortably better than ToD! The less said about the 4th movie the better!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,205 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Festival hyperbole is absolutely a thing, but Cannes wouldn’t be filled with the usual ‘will give film good tweet for freebies’ brigade either. Usually more signal than noise at somewhere like Cannes, albeit with caveats. We’ll see when the reviews land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I expect nothing less than a seven minute standing ovation.

Advertisement