Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

astonaidan wrote: »
    Weird some of ye got emails, anyone who applied to NUIG get these emails

Not yet. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Not yet. :confused:

Im guessing it might work different for us

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacquelinem

Any matures receive emails for Criminology yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Applied to UCC as a second chance mature student, got an email today from Fees office confirming my eligibility for free tuition fees. Absolutely delighted.
    Waiting on SUSI....sent off supporting documentation and queued for final assessment for last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacquelinem

Congratulations!! Great news....best of luck with SUSI. Delighted for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Applied to UCC as a second chance mature student, got an email today from Fees office confirming my eligibility for free tuition fees. Absolutely delighted.
    Waiting on SUSI....sent off supporting documentation and queued for final assessment for last two weeks.

Congrats!! must be a great feeling.

Can i ask.. If I am going back as a mature student for the first time then I only qualify for the SUSI grant, is that correct.?

The whole grant/fee thing is still a bit confusing.

I was accepted into my course already so the fees need sorting next. Ive applied for SUSI but must send off my supporting documents next.

Congratulations!! Great news....best of luck with SUSI. Delighted for you.

Thanks..have you decided which course you are going to do..are you going to stick with Criminology or go for Arts

Congrats!! must be a great feeling.

Can i ask.. If I am going back as a mature student for the first time then I only qualify for the SUSI grant, is that correct.?

The whole grant/fee thing is still a bit confusing.

I was accepted into my course already so the fees need sorting next. Ive applied for SUSI but must send off my supporting documents next.

Afaik and I'm no expert if it's your first time on a degree course then you automatically get free Tuition Fees.
    You apply to SUSI to get a grant towards the Student Contribution Fee of 3000 and a Maintenace grant which are means tested.
    If you are in receipt of Social Welfare you may qualify for BTEA.
    So it depends on your personal circumstances which grant you get.

Anybody get a final decision from SUSI yet?
    I sent off my supporting documentation and have been queued for final assessment since May 24.
    The suspense is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

Anybody get a final decision from SUSI yet?
    I sent off my supporting documentation and have been queued for final assessment since May 24.
    The suspense is killing me!

After a relatively painless process, I got my expected final decision 09/06/2016.
    This is my timeline if it helps:

Application queued for Final Assessment. 12 May 2016

Additional documentation requested from applicant. 25 May 2016

Application queued for Final Assessment. 01 Jun 2016

Awarded fees only. 09 Jun 2016

• Advertisement

I got offered Arts in UCC this morning on CAO...hope ye all got offers too..and my SUSI application finally updated to awarded...just waiting on a letter from them to see what I was awarded. We have a week to accept CAO offers.

I got offered Arts in UCC this morning on CAO...hope ye all got offers too..and my SUSI application finally updated to awarded...just waiting on a letter from them to see what I was awarded. We have a week to accept CAO offers.

My offer for the course in UCC officially came through awhile ago. Now waiting on the SUSI to update and then its time to start freaking out :D:D

Just got the letter from SUSI ...fully awarded student contribution fee of 3000
    and adjacent maintenance grant...well pleased

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Just got the letter from SUSI ...fully awarded student contribution fee of 3000
    and adjacent maintenance grant...well pleased

I just filled in my Susi grant there

They asked for details of my previous College life

I have no idea what dates I started so put in what I guessed was close enough

How long before you got acceptance or even word from them

Kobe248 wrote: »
    I just filled in my Susi grant there

They asked for details of my previous College life

I have no idea what dates I started so put in what I guessed was close enough

How long before you got acceptance or even word from them
    From my own experience the whole application process took 3 months from the date I submitted my application.
    Guessing the dates won't be good enough as they will look for supporting documentation i.e. A letter from your previous college giving exact dates of attendance. I had to chase these up despite having left college 25 years ago.
    I'd get going on it if I was you.

I was awarded my SUSI grant today. :D:D luckily did not have to provide them with any further information than what I sent first time.

Does anyone know, now that it has been awarded what details I need to enter on their website/my account.? I have added my IBAN but everything else appears blank and wont allow me to fill in.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

I was awarded my SUSI grant today. :D:D luckily did not have to provide them with any further information than what I sent first time.

Does anyone know, now that it has been awarded what details I need to enter on their website/my account.? I have added my IBAN but everything else appears blank and wont allow me to fill in.

I know this doesn't answer your question but can I ask about the timeline of your application?? I applied just before the priority deadline and checking for updates everyday. How long did it take before you heard anything?

helpful wrote: »
    I know this doesn't answer your question but can I ask about the timeline of your application?? I applied just before the priority deadline and checking for updates everyday. How long did it take before you heard anything?

This is the timeline from when they received my documents for assessment however the overall application process started on the 20th of April.

http://imgur.com/Ewu5vsv

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭TimeUp

Hello! Does anyone have the practice materials for the MSAP test [MSAP Ireland Written English Practice Test and MSAP Practice Test (Modules 1, 2 & 3)], or know of a way to get them for free somewhere?

I am thinking of taking the test as I have applied for some courses at the UCC, but I have already spent loooots of money on lots of things related to my application (proofs of English proficiency, translations of qualifications from the countrys where I have studied, certifications, etc). So I most certainly don't feel like paying 36€ for the practice notes of an exam as well as the cost of the exam itself (around 70 quids). The thing is that without the notes I don't feel as comfortable as to take the exam and that's why I haven't registred for it yet. But having the notes as a bit of a guideline I would feel more confident and willing to pay for the exam. So that's that. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement