Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭auskid

All you can do now so is wait..SUSI are notoriously slow...I didnt get my own grant this year till January half way through the course..UCC are fine once they know your a SUSI applicant they wont put on any pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Handed letters from previous colleges I attended in to UCC fees office today, they said they would put me forward for free tuition fees..so that's all I can do for now...this college lark is hard work and I ain't even started yet haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Are you guys already doing you susi applications :eek:
    I was waiting to see if I got accepted before applying, Im also applying for second chance grant, got it 5 years ago myself

I put my Susi application in early as I was led to believe they deal with them on a first come first served basis

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I was just wondering if it was too early for the colleges to start issuing interview letters yet?

• Advertisement

Theyve opened earlier this year due to the backlogs previously....hang in there once you get your application in and accepted this year its very easy to renew in the proceeding years...just a simple online form...i would advise getting it in as early as possible due to backlogs...saying that i havent done mine yet...six exams next week...so a little busy

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacquelinem

Hi, any matures doing Criminology in UCC? If so, how are they finding it? What is the workload like? Looking at the book of modules, it's something I would find so interesting, but I have to be smart and think of employment opportunities as well. My other options are Applied Social Science or Arts (to try to get into teaching), would appreciate any feedback....

Hi, any matures doing Criminology in UCC? If so, how are they finding it? What is the workload like? Looking at the book of modules, it's something I would find so interesting, but I have to be smart and think of employment opportunities as well. My other options are Applied Social Science or Arts (to try to get into teaching), would appreciate any feedback....

How did you do in the Msap?

94th percentile

94th percentile

Superb score...well done...I came in the 81st percentile and am hoping to do Arts in UCC

• Advertisement

Thank you, and congratulations on your score as well, maybe we'll teach those young whippersnappers a thing or two... It's been a lifelong dream for me to go to University, but what I do has to have practical implications as well. I need to be able to earn a decent living as I have a family to think of. I'll give the mature students office a shout on Monday and see what their opinion is.

Thank you, and congratulations on your score as well, maybe we'll teach those young whippersnappers a thing or two... It's been a lifelong dream for me to go to University, but what I do has to have practical implications as well. I need to be able to earn a decent living as I have a family to think of. I'll give the mature students office a shout on Monday and see what their opinion is.
    Yes..with your score I don't think you will have any problem getting your course of choice..its always been an ambition of mine to go to university so I'm just picking subjects I'm interested in..I'll be 45 by the time I start and my niece will be in 3rd year so I'm excited but dreading it

Stay away from the criminology ...its just a sociology course...you can take the good modules in social science as you have many sociology options....The criminology was introduced by a lecturer two years ago..who will remain unnamed but is a bit of a bluffer...if your looking at teaching your looking at 5 years with the new pme masters..I did social science...just finished a one year history hdip and starting the teaching masters in September,,search my posts and you will find a lot of info in these....but trust me on this..the Criminology is not the right option...new course ..no real progression routes...bit wishy washy and if you want to see some of it you can take the good modules as part of arts in the sociology modules and the same in social science there cross college modules

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DreamingMan

Wow - congratulations on that result.
    I got a result of 91 percentile. Was pleased, it was the essays that pulled me up.
    Applying for BA Joint Honours UCD. Hoping I get a place - fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

I received an email from UCC and they confirmed that I received one of the six places on my course.

Delighted isn't the word. Very glad to get confirmation and hear from them about it early. They said the official CAO date is July 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

I received an email from UCC and they confirmed that I received one of the six places on my course.

Delighted isn't the word. Very glad to get confirmation and hear from them about it early. They said the official CAO date is July 6th.

Congratulations, good for you :)

I'm just wondering did you e-mail them first?

Hey, no i didnt email them first. they sent me an email saying i was eligible for the course. I then emailed them back to clarify and they confirmed i had the place. Their initial wording was confusing.

Congratulations! Wonderful news for you.

What course have you applied for? I have to wait the six long weeks to find out if I got my preferred course. Ah well!

Congratulations! Wonderful news for you.

What course have you applied for? I have to wait the six long weeks to find out if I got my preferred course. Ah well!

I applied for the Digital Humanities and Information Technology course. Think there was six mature places for this.

What have you applied for yourself.? Six weeks wont be long going by.

Excellent.

Looks like a great course.

I applied for BA Joint Honours at UCD first choice. Fingers xd I get it but I have to wait, UCD dont contact any of the mature applicants directly.

• Advertisement

I also received an email from UCC admissions confirming my "eligibility" as a mature student for ck101...first arts ucc. It did also say that this is NOT an offer of a place, just confirming my "eligibility". Btw I scored 119 on Msap 2016.

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    I also received an email from UCC admissions confirming my "eligibility" as a mature student for ck101...first arts ucc. It did also say that this is NOT an offer of a place, just confirming my "eligibility". Btw I scored 119 on Msap 2016.

Yeah, mine also said "this is not an offer of a place" this is why I emailed them to confirm because the first sentence said i was eligible. I initially thought that this was just getting to the next level of selection but I emailed them about this and she confirmed that I will be offered a place come July 6th.

Her wording in the follow up email below:

'Dear (...),

I can confirm that you will be offered a mature place in CK118 on 6th July provided this course remains as your 1st CAO Preference.'

Seems pretty clear cut from her second email :)

I scored 120 in the MSAP.

If I was you I would email them directly back and ask them to confirm if you have a place, I know your course takes on a lot more mature people than mine so maybe its a little different but no harm in checking :)

Excellent.

Looks like a great course.

I applied for BA Joint Honours at UCD first choice. Fingers xd I get it but I have to wait, UCD dont contact any of the mature applicants directly.

Excellent stuff, ill cross my fingers for you also :) hopefully the wait for July 6th wont be too long for you.

I was surprised with the contact from UCC, I had put it to the back of my mind and tried not to think about it till closer but they kind of ruined that now haha. Now the nerves are starting to set in.

Like yourself I am a mature student who applied for CK101 at UCC. I also recieved an e-mail saying I was eligible, and that this is not an offer etc. After reading the previous post by serjical_strike I e-mailed UCC admissions enquiring. From which they responded:

"This email informed you that you are eligible so provided you aren’t eligible for a higher offer, you will receive an offer for CK101".

So it looks good for you!

Like yourself I am a mature student who applied for CK101 at UCC. I also recieved an e-mail saying I was eligible, and that this is not an offer etc. After reading the previous post by serjical_strike I e-mailed UCC admissions enquiring. From which they responded:

"This email informed you that you are eligible so provided you aren’t eligible for a higher offer, you will receive an offer for CK101".

Glad to hear it. Congratulations.!!! :):)

b_-tsylweaazi1v.jpg

Glad to hear it. Congratulations.!!! :):)

Ha ha, thanks. It is definitely a step in the right direction anyway.

I'm just waiting on SUSI now :confused:

Thanks for that.....and congrats on your score too. I've applied for Criminology and Arts at UCC. Fingers crossed.......

That's great news...looks like we have a place.
    Waiting on SUSI now.

That's great news...looks like we have a place.
    Waiting on SUSI now.

The dreaded SUSI!

So far it's smooth sailing with my application......which makes me rather nervous, considering the horror stories I have heard about previous years :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Weird some of ye got emails, anyone who applied to NUIG get these emails

Advertisement