Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Jake - 01/02 March - High Winds West Coast & Widespread Snow Risk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

Whole house shook in dooradoyle, power tripped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Nothing but a whisper of wind here in South tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

pauldry wrote: »
    Does everyone on boards live in Castletroy?

Mild

Im in singland area, not castletroy. It was some blast, loudest thunder I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Jesus Christ that flash of lightning over Limerick was scary, and the thunder!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

My God that was loud in Limerick ... House shook, alarms going off !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Red King wrote: »
    Jesus Christ that flash of lightning over Limerick was scary, and the thunder!

Yeah twas pretty intense in Limerick there, gone quiet, looking at the radar on net weather and some more of the hail/rain looks to be tracking in shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Im in singland area, not castletroy. It was some blast, loudest thunder I've ever heard.

Only ever heard something like that once before. Bolt of lightning must have come close to the estate. Sounded like an explosion or bomb going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Getting absolutely battered in East Limerick. Thunder, lightning and hail. Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

sumtings wrote: »
    Yeah twas pretty intense in Limerick there, gone quiet, looking at the radar on net weather and some more of the hail/rain looks to be tracking in shortly.

I'm almost certain it hit St.Marys church.

The lightning detector on it has the strike over the dock road by the little bridge. Don't know what distance it's accurate to.

• Advertisement

theparish wrote: »
    I'm almost certain it hit St.Marys church.

Damn!

Just had a very long rumble of thunder in Limerick city center.

That was crazy, the longest loudest roll of thunder I've ever heard with a nasty cracking sound right in the middle followed by a good minute long deep rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just had a very long rumble of thunder in Limerick city center.

I heard the thunder at 2.20 am out in Castletroy. Was there more recently in the city centre?

YFlyer wrote: »
    I heard the thunder at 2.20 am out in Castletroy. Was there more recently in the city centre?

Yeah and a lot worse than that one at 2:20.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

That flash of lightning scared the ****e out of me. Lit up my bedroom.

Popoutman wrote: »
    Hugely impressive flash of lightning and associated thunder here in Castletroy, Limerick.
    Heavy enough to rattle the glass in the internal dining room door, and shake the sofa..

Haven't heard that level of thunder since being in a storm in the Italian Alps and having a bolt land ~100m away..

Yeah heard it myself in Cois Ghruda. Rag week is extremely quiet though.

YFlyer wrote: »

It might have been a strike near Shannon.

My eyes were closed, head under the duvet trying to sleep and I could still feel a blinding white flash in my eyes.

Yeah and a lot worse than that one at 2:20.

Wow. Didn't hear anything out this way.

• Advertisement

My eyes were closed, head under the duvet trying to sleep and I could still feel a blinding white flash in my eyes.

Hopefully we will get a good break soon as I need to fall back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Hopefully we will get a good break soon as I need to fall back to sleep.

I can't sleep with the wind here either. Power is still out here in Achill. No more thunder but lots of hailstones.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Had a rise in temps up to 2.6C for a while and had rain which melted away all my snow :( but temp has dropped again down to 0.2C and had another blast of snow :), pretty gusty out there.

S.E Sligo, high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Pretty rough out. Retrieved bins, goalposts, builders bags & sense of humour from down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Torrential rain here now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Uppers were too marginal I think.
    Thurs night looks a better bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Uppers were too marginal I think.
    Thurs night looks a better bet
    Looks that way alright. But not by much, just drove out the n4 to maynooth and its mainly sleet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Getting battered in newbridge.
    No end to this wind, waiting for the roof to give !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The wind just arrived in Naas in the last 30 minutes. A bit of sleet and cold rain happening now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Some of the gusts hitting me in South Dublin at the moment are the hardest I can recall all winter. I won't be surprised to see reports of building damage.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement