Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show - 26th. February 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

aine92 wrote: »
    ...what?? You have no idea what they've been through, they are incredibly strong people and I think they're wonderful.
    They seem obsessed with the effect it had on them. Just not a very interesting story. Quite sad for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

John_Rambo wrote: »
    It's a very refreshing story. It's emotional, sad and brave.

Could you not just leave it at that and not bring your petty political agenda in to it?

No political agenda from me. It's not often that we get to hear stories like this. It's usually the other side that tend to occupy most of the media space.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

Why didn't they spare themselves and especially the baby the pain and suffering and just had an abortion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

some people love to get likes on this thread by moaning when an interesting serious topic comes on. Its like they get off moaning about it. Secretly they wait to pounce on such a topic with a "graham Norton wouldn't...." or misery slot" comment.

Get a grip. LLS has and always will, for decades had serious topics and inmmy opinion it is far the better for it. Its refreshing it has kept to its roots and not followed every other chat show in trying to be comedic. Just because some guests are famous for singing or acting doesnt make them entertaining or interesting guests.

That was a great topic and heartwarming.

sorry for the rant!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD

Appreciate it's an emotive subject, please no sniping at each other, report a post if you have an issue with it and let a mod deal with it.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

No political agenda from me. It's not often that we get to hear stories like this. It's usually the other side that tend to occupy most of the media space.
    But there are no sides to this story. Ryan and the guests themselves made that explicitly clear. They made a choice. You are the only person choosing to make it an argument with sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Canadel wrote: »
    They seem obsessed with the effect it had on them. Just not a very interesting story. Quite sad for many reasons.

Oh my god can you please just stop for a second and think about what you are saying? Read my post a few back, my sister had a full term stillbirth just over a year ago, and you have NO IDEA the effect it has on you. No idea.

[mod snip]

You get a VERY vocal element on either side. I'd be of the pro-choice stance but find the vocal element of that side are really only pro-choice as long as you agree with them, there's a certain irony in that and honesty in the pro-life side as a result.

Why didn't they spare themselves and especially the baby the pain and suffering and just had an abortion?

oh Joseph......... you didn't quite get the message of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

These two guests sound very self involved being honest.

You what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Because they would still have lost a child that way. Every pregnancy that ends means a loss. If that had terminated shortly after the scan they still would have grieved their lost child.

I fully agree with how they handled the terrible situation they were in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod:
    Josephryan1989 The interview/the couple explained their reasons for this.

Don't post again on this topic here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

ok. Movie time. I have no movie picked out this week. Anyone have any recommendations? Just throw it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I think not. Nice try.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    ok. Movie time. I have no movie picked out this week. Anyone have any recommendations? Just throw it out there.

Based on the last topic here best avoid the survivalist was not an easy watch

Oh my god can you please just stop for a second and think about what you are saying? Read my post a few back, my sister had a full term stillbirth just over a year ago, and you have NO IDEA the effect it has on you. No idea.

You're really not a very nice person, and I hope you never have to go through anything of this magnitude with the level of empathy you seem to lack.
    I don't see what any of that has to do with me finding the two guests very self involved. What they did is quite interesting I suppose. But we don't all have to find these stories inspiring. It doesn't mean I'm not a nice person or that I lack empathy.

who is this weather woman!!! she is terrible! Its like a full stop after every word ������

These two guests sound very self involved being honest.
    But there are no sides to this story. Ryan and the guests themselves made that explicitly clear. They made a choice. You are the only person choosing to make it an argument with sides.

Really??

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I think not. Nice try.

You can believe what you like.

Mod:

Some advice from your mod on what is an emotive topic. It may be best to take a deep breath before hitting reply and considering if you want to engage with a poster.

A reminder about following charter rules.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Think before you type, there's a difference between being indifferent and being insensitive.

Goodnight, good luck, wont be engaging any further.
    This is a discussion board, not notes on a card to be sent to their address. I don't think I was overly insensitive either. I respect their right to do what they did, I just think the reasons for doing it and the subsequent late late show appearance are a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Based on the last topic here best avoid the survivalist was not an easy watch

Just watched the trailer...interesting....but maybe not for tonight. Anyway I'll say night all. Election results will be interesting tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

My eyes. I can't believe the post I've read. When I think of all my family members of different generations who have gone through such terrible experiences I'm simply aghast. I'm not a reporter of posts, but relieved at least when I tried to report that it was gone. Forget that guy anyhow.
    Thank God we've got Mods who are keepers of taste.

In short what we were expecting to be the so-called misery slot was an uplifting tale. If missed by some. I don't think their minutes count been superseded by a retired TD or a famous actor is particularly significant, more so that the topic was dealt with well. A job well done by all involved.

And on that bombshell, a very good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Shell and Vin are close family of mine and 5 minutes in their company will give you the inspiration to fight through anything that life throws at you. I can only wish I have a fraction of their strength and courage through my battles in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

idnkph wrote: »
    Shell and Vin are close family of mine and 5 minutes in their company will give you the inspiration to fight through anything that life throws at you. I can only wish I have a fraction of their strength and courage through my battles in life.

Best of luck to them, I totally admire how thr handled the sad loss of Jamie.
    They are truly inspirational.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good night all

idnkph wrote: »

Horrible and hard is it may be I think regardless of what "side" you stand on this country needs to hear more stories like theirs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,723 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Breaking news...

The Oscar 2016 organisers have taken their cues from last night's LLS, and have something special lined up.

When (If?) Leo collects his Best Actor Oscar, two women in the audience will start singing 'My Heart Will Go On', before the rest of the audience stand up and sway at the key change.

Followed by a shot of Richard Gere leaving the theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Anything worth watching on the show last nite? I was out so I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,723 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Anything worth watching on the show last nite? I was out so I missed it.

Watch it just for the opening musical number.

It was...different. :D

Advertisement