Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards TNA Heavyweight Championship Tournament

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ace and 8s overall was a complete turd but his restyling and new image was class. Who would have guessed just how good either was to become but Bully Ray just pips Roode.

Bubba FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I know it's too late, but Bobby does not deserve a white wash here. Bobby FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And then there were two... I'll leave this run until tomorrow and whoever garners most votes wins.

242423_article.jpg

Bully Ray

''Do You Know Who I Am?!''

tumblr_ml7nh2AGpM1ql0k28o1_1280.png

Round 1: Bully Ray def. Ethan Carter III (3-0)
    Round 2: Bully Ray def. Mr Anderson (3-0)
    1/4 Final : Bully Ray def. Abyss (3-0)
    Semi-Final : Bully Ray def. Bobby Roode (4-0)

Vs

AJ Styles

The Phenomenal One

TNA-2.jpg

Round 1 : Bye
    Round 2: AJ Styles def. Raven (3-0)
    1/4 Final : AJ Styles def. Samoa Joe (3-1)
    Semi-Final : AJ Styles def. Jeff Jarrett (4-1)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Gotta be AJ. When I think TNA I think him.

He had/has everything you look for in a champ, the guy you want to lead your company. Total credibility, five star workrate and a juggernaut of popularity with the fans.

AJ Styles.

It is great to see another tournament crop up. It is always nice to see the views of all the PW heads. This was fairly short and sweet, dya fancy doing another?

Off the top of my head.

PW Boards ECW Championship Tournament---TAZ
    PW Boards European Championship Tournament---Dlo Brown
    PW Boards (Favourite) "Big Man" Tournament---The Undertaker
    PW Boards Stable Warz Tournament---Hart Foundation
    PW Boards Non-WWE Theme Song Tournament--- Four Horsemen/ECW (Tie)
    PW Boards Intercontinental Champion Tournament---Chris Jericho
    PW Boards Unified LightHeavy/Crusierweight Championship Tournament---Dean Malenko
    PW Boards WWE Theme Music Wars Tournament - Hulk Hogan Real American
    PW Boards United States Championship Tournament---John Cena
    PW Boards Hardcore Championship Tournament (24/7 Rules apply!)---Mankind
    PW Boards Tag Team Tournament---The Dudley Boyz

WWE Champ? Manager? Diva? Gimmick? Best Foreigner (for-din-nor)?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

AJ all the way. Mr TNA. Hes won it all, hes fought them all and hes plain better than them all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I agree with everything Shagnastii posted above. Yet I'm voting for Bully Ray. For me, the best transformation (bar possibly JBL) of a tag team legend to the biggest singles heel in the business. The stable Aces and 8s was a pile of garbage but Bully was still significant. He's not going to win, and he probably shouldn't, but he gets my vote anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

AJ for the win.

If u asked yourself to name one superstar have another run as TNA champ to try get the company halfway back to their better days, who would that be? For me its AJ all day.

ShagNastii wrote: »

It is great to see another tournament crop up. It is always nice to see the views of all the PW heads. This was fairly short and sweet, dya fancy doing another?

I'm doing an X-Division one next! Research is already in the Kankan can.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I second this idea. Stunned there has been no WWE title tournament or even a WCW one!!! All of those ideas are great though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

AJ. Bully's evolution from a tag team guy to a main eventer was extremely impressive, but there's no way I can vote against Styles here. He was one of the pillars of TNA for years, and the only real negatives I have about his reigns are the sh*tty ways TNA had him lose the title: To RVD, and then that absurd farewell match against Magnus where nearly a dozen people attacked him.

• Advertisement

Gonna let this run a couple more hours so all the voters can get their voices heard. Then we'll announce the winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I loved Bully Ray becoming a legit main event heel even if TNA blew the Aces & 8s massively. I remember how excited I was when Bubba returned at the Royal Rumble on his own & I thought they would run with him on his own, and my disappointment when he wasn't seen again for ages. So he gets my vote despite AJ being TNA's biggest star.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

AJ. Bully was awesome, he reinvented himself, but AJ was the backbone of the company. Even when he was booked into oblivion he had the best matches, he was the most over guy. He always carried the title with pride.

AJ for me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have spoken and the ultimate winner of the PW Boards TNA Heavyweight Championship Tournament is none other than the Phenomenal One himself...

AJ Styles

2013-10-30-15-38-02.png

Advertisement