Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards TNA Heavyweight Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Magnus for me. Ken shamrock another I barely remember that was in TNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Shamrock just for the awesomeness of his sideburns. And he had a surprisingly good title defense vs Malice

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Magnus for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Shamrock for me can't really remember either reign but i always loved shamrock really deserved a WWE reign

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Shamrock. Magnus had an atrocious run, even if it wasn't really his fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Magnus taps out to the inaugural champion in a tight tussle. We move onto the final bout of Round 1, it's triple threat rules.

Sting

The Icon

1a.jpg

Vs

Jeff Jarrett

The Chosen One

c7c44350e7jarrettimg.jpg

Vs

Christian Cage

The Instant Classic

christian_cage1_display_image.jpg?1304527852

Jarrett for me. He had some awful runs with the title but he also had some enjoyable ones. Has had more meaningful title matches than anybody else not named AJ in TNAs history too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

While I would agree with the sentiment above re: Jarrett, I have to vote for Christian. A defining chapter of his career reaching the top of the mountain. This is the toughest one yet though

Jarrett for me, mr tna

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I go for Christian, I was a big fan of his back when he jumped ship, and that's what got me into TNA, the celebration after his first title win was great, felt like a big deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

JJ all day. Only Bobby Roode had a better run in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jeff Jarrett, but Sting and Christian would have won against anyone else in the tournament so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Sting.

Jarrett was great, but when before Sting came along JJ was trading the title with people who (at the time at least) didn't have great name value. Sting winning it helped bring the value of the title, (and the worthiness of the promotion in fan's eyes) up several levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I give it to christian.just.

Sick draw

In this round we introduce all Triple Crown winners into the tournament so expect some tougher decisions. Three votes will see a competitor into the quarter finals.

Kurt Angle

The Wrestling Machine

24-kurt-angle-tna-champion.jpg

Vs

Ken Shamrock

The World's Most Dangerous Man

l.jpg

Angle. I really shouldnt have to explain

I really wanna vote for Kenny but I just cant justify it. Angle it is. Also an Angle vs Shamrock would be AWFUL

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Has to be Angle of course

Angle. One of the best TNA or WWE ever had to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Kurt Angle for me, Blud.

One of the very best ever. I'm a Shamrock fan, but Kurt is on another level entirely

• Advertisement

The Olympic Hero cruises into the last 8 without a blemish. Next up we have seemingly very familiar match that occurs in these tournaments.

Jeff Hardy

The Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling

16jeffhardy.jpg

Vs

Matt Hardy

The Only World Heavyweight Champion That Matters

tumblr_nvrd79eDnz1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Even a stoned Jeff is better than any version of Matt. Jeff for me

Yep, Jeff here for me too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jeff was always the more popular. I'll vote for him, in spite of the ugly belt that he inflicted on the world.

Matt Hardy for me, hes off to a great start already as champion, something Jeff never looked comfortable with in TNA

Jeff finally beats his older brother in the tournament setting having lost previously in the European and Light Heavyweight editions. Next up looking to advance we have...

Jeff Jarrett

The Chosen One

c7c44350e7jarrettimg.jpg

Vs

Bobby Lashley

The Destroyer

o4m32-st-56.jpeg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jarrett, easy. He was the big fish in TNA for a long time, while I still struggle to think of Lashley as anything other than kinda bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jarrett easily, as he's actually entertaining.

Yep, Jarrett here too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

All I remember about Double J is fans chanting "drop the belt" but that's still more then I remember about Lashley.

Jarrett.

Advertisement