Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Why do you say that?

Say what? Met predicted a misty morning, with downpours in late morning, early afternoon, with thundury showers in the evening.. Nothing but blue Sky's here since 9am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Some parts of the country are getting heavy downpours and it was a misty start in many places. If you read the forecast they predicted showers in some areas staying dry on others?

Some parts of the country are getting heavy downpours and it was a misty start in many places. If you read the forecast they predicted showers in some areas staying dry on others?

Yes, I read it correctly, the actual wording was heavey and thundery downpours in MOST areas in Munster.

Late last night the forecast for Munster was misty morning, rain by late morning and thundery downpours in late afternoon, evening..

Today it says It will be mostly dry with sunny spells..

Quite a u turn in the space of a few hours no?

Criticism of the Met seems to be really frowned upon here even though they're quite clearly clueless at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

• Advertisement

How is this trolling? Merely stating a fact that Met got it horribly wrong.. Today has been the complete opposite of what was forecasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just started to rain in east galway
    Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ShiddyArze wrote: »
    How is this trolling? Merely stating a fact that Met got it horribly wrong.. Today has been the complete opposite of what was forecasted!

As has been stated.

When a forecast is issued, it will state the forecast for the general area, and note any major exceptions. You are in the area of exception, be glad!

Here in Kilkee in West Clare the beach is packed, very sunny and warm, but there are evident towering clouds to the east and north of us.

Its the same when it snows! Forecast showers in Mayo and then people in Dublin complain of apparent Met Eireann inaccuracy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

km79 wrote: »
    Just started to rain in east galway
    Sad
    Heavy downpour in Galway city: 4.8mm recorded in the last 10 mins
    Still balmy 18.6C so at least it's warm rain :D

Carnacalla wrote:
    When a forecast is issued, it will state the forecast for the general area, and note any major exceptions. You are in the area of exception, be glad!

Oh I am glad, trust me. It just seems that people in this forum think met can never be wrong, or should be immune to criticism. Fact is they got it completely wrong for Munster today, am I not allowed to state that fact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lumi wrote: »

Well expect even heavier if it's warm rain unfortunately.

Carnacalla wrote:
    Its the same when it snows! Forecast showers in Mayo and then people in Dublin complain of apparent Met Eireann inaccuracy!

And I'm sorry to keep going on, but they said heavey persistent showers for most of Munster, fact is its been beautiful in all of Munster so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Oh I am glad, trust me. It just seems that people in this forum think met can never be wrong, or should be immune to criticism. Fact is they got it completely wrong for Munster today, am I not allowed to state that fact?

That's not the case ShiddyArze - in fact there's a dedicated thread for discussing Met Eireann and their forecasts be they good,bad or indifferent here
    You made your point - it's time to move on - ok?

MOD NOTE
    NMB wrote: »

Can we cut out the on-thread accusations of trolling- however subtle. It generally just disrupts the thread.

Use the report post function instead - thanks

And I'm sorry to keep going on, but they said heavey persistent showers for most of Munster, fact is its been beautiful in all of Munster so far

I suppose Clare, Cork, Limerick, Tipperary and Kerry aren't in Munster then? All have experienced showers today.

Edit: Missed Lumis mod note, apologies. Delete this post if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lumi wrote: »

Nothing came from the one out here !

Back on track anyhow, my backyard has recorded its hottest day this year so far, 24c at 5pm. Whatever breeze was there has disappeared. More of the same tomorrow I hope

Back on track anyhow, my backyard has recorded its hottest day this year so far, 24c at 5pm. Whatever breeze was there has disappeared. More of the same tomorrow I hope

24c? Are you sure? Or is that what you're assuming...

sryanbruen wrote:
    24c? Are you sure? Or is that what you're assuming...

Not high tech but thats what my thermometer is saying. Its been fairly accurate so far. As I said, its my back yard, no breeze and sunshine all day.

Either way, its still hitting 24 which it hasn't done since last August

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I had a prolonged sunny spell during the afternoon, reached 21.9C.

Temperature at present is 17.4C as it looks like the first shower of the day is on it's way, very dark looking towards the Kilkenny/Carlow border area.

Max of 23.9c here today, unsurprising given the absolute wall to wall sunshine from 12pm. Proper beautiful weather, bit of sunburn arriving on my skin now though:(

West Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very warm and humid night in Castlebar, still have all the windows open, 14.8C and 92% humidity.

Very humid night at Grange!

It was a beautiful day anyways with wall to wall sunshine. It's very hard to believe that some parts of the country had downpours and spot flooding today :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Gorgeous
    19c already in Arklow and hardly any breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

18.5c here in Laois in glorious sunshine...Long may it continue:)

Fog cleared by 10am here this morning, now its 20.1c here in West Clare, sitting outside in the glorious windless sunshine already!

Glorious morning here warm hazy sunshine what I wouldn't give for a summer of this.

Dublin Airport only 5.5 hours of sunshine yesterday?

http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

Here at Grange it was a completely sunny day.

Overcast and muggy here.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Another great start to the day, not the warmest by the east coast but good sunshine making it a great morning.

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Dublin Airport only 5.5 hours of sunshine yesterday?

http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

Here at Grange it was a completely sunny day.
    Not overly surprised here it was the same sun was in and out it was the warmth that made it a good day. Sun much stronger this morning but not brilliant blue skies still quite hazy but beautiful nonetheless.

Advertisement