Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Form an orderly queue for the weekend....

brack0a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wet, windy, with a chill in the air in Castlebar today, looks like our weather has resumed normal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Today has been very mixed here at Grange.

There have been some quite wet moments as the day started largely wet and very cool in it. Then there was a nice dry interval which has continued with sunny spells from time to time and feeling very muggy in the sun but in the cloud depressingly cool. So I can't say whether it's a bad or good day :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spoonerhead

Been a warm and windy day in Dublin feels warm even with the breeze, 19C here now with sunny spells

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Ridiculous day of weather - nearly wiped out off my bike this morning due to the very cold monsoon rain (and the awful condition of Gardiner Street), and then this afternoon nearly blown backwards by the hot wind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

An update from Met Eireann issued at 2102 this evening and the very last line of the forecast sounds promising , of course its a few days away yet ....

there are indications from Tuesday onwards more settled conditions will return with high pressure and easterly winds dominating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

there are indications from Tuesday onwards more settled conditions will return with high pressure and easterly winds dominating.

Just in time for the Boss, i like this, i like it alot

An update from Met Eireann issued at 2102 this evening and the very last line of the forecast sounds promising , of course its a few days away yet ....

BUT, a band of quite heavy rain looks like pushing up from the south on Wednesday bringing quite a wet day then especially in the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Awful day today wet and dreary 13 degrees.

Awful day today wet and dreary 13 degrees.

Just thinking 'bout that high pressure near us next week. UHHH so close yet so far.

• Advertisement

Is this the high pressure that's bringing us the heatwave?

Is this the high pressure that's bringing us the heatwave?

HEATWAVE? :pac::pac::pac:

Showers here at Grange really are very heavy. Today could make May a wetter than normal month here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

These thunderstorms weren't predicted?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

These thunderstorms weren't predicted?

Am...
    Yes they were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Am...
    Yes they were!

Not at the level and ferocity I am experiencing (in Dublin). Few doesn't cut it.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

A lousy 18c here now at 23:00.. 32c at 3pm earlier.. I miss Ireland

ShiddyArze wrote: »
    A lousy 18c here now at 23:00.. 32c at 3pm earlier.. I miss Ireland

Where's "here"?

Another ****e miserable showery meh evening. Summer would want to start throwing a few shapes soon.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

sryanbruen wrote:
    Where's "here"?

Southern Spain, Marbella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Despite a few heavy showers in Castlebar today, this evening turned out very nice with good spells of sunshine, nice clear skies currently with a full moon rising into the night sky. 9.7 degrees currently in calm conditions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Amazingly avoided the heavy showers today. Just 1.5mm recorded from an overnight shower. Sunny spells all day with clear skies from mid afternoon. The only slight blip was the breeze which was gusty at times.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today was brutal, so much rain, downpours and even hail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Gonzo wrote: »
    today was brutal, so much rain, downpours and even hail.

Beautiful in Arklow,sunny all day
    Theres a summer thread now I think since may 1st ;)

Beautiful in Arklow,sunny all day
    Theres a summer thread now I think since may 1st ;)

And there's a winter thread from every August :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭droidman123

The "professionals" as in met eirenn,s forecast was for heavy showers this afternoon (Dublin region ) dying out this evening.after midnight now and still pissing down and has been persistent on and off since 6.00pm. I can't believe they got the forecast wrong (tongue firmly in cheek) oh well at least I know what the weather will be like in two months time.

The "professionals" as in met eirenn,s forecast was for heavy showers this afternoon (Dublin region ) dying out this evening.after midnight now and still pissing down and has been persistent on and off since 6.00pm. I can't believe they got the forecast wrong (tongue firmly in cheek) oh well at least I know what the weather will be like in two months time.

Dying out, but not completely dead. Dublin was affected by a single shower, almost all of the rest of the east was dry.

Also, what does not help your point is you, yet again bringing back the "LONG RANGE FORECAST" argument that your so hopelessly against. It's not at all related to your point above or Met Éireann!

There's no forecasting conspiracy out to get you droidman123.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭droidman123

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Dying out, but not completely dead. Dublin was affected by a single shower, almost all of the rest of the east was dry.

Also, what does not help your point is you, yet again bringing back the "LONG RANGE FORECAST" argument that your so hopelessly against. It's not at all related to your point above or Met Éireann!

There's no forecasting conspiracy out to get you droidman123.

I didn't think there was😀 anyway,the thing is met eirenn,s forecast for the Dublin region on Saturday morning was for heavy showers in the afternoon,dying out in the evening,but where I am there was persistant rain up until at least 11.00pm.i,m not complaining about the actual rain because I love the rain,when i don't have to out, but they were a bit wayward with their forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Showers are really building up fast today.
    They really seem to be getting to good heights. No doubt hail and thunder in places today again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Showers are really building up fast today.
    They really seem to be getting to good heights. No doubt hail and thunder in places today again.

Agreed, they are much bigger and developing much earlier than I had anticipated so no grass cutting today and it sooooo badly needs it. The wind, whilst not strong, is still greater than I was expecting.

Advertisement