Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

As most Japanese cars are, however I think in this case they are taking the lazy way out and not bothering to change the handbrake location from the European LHD models.

Yep, I just want to annoy SG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

It's a Japanese thing. 350z/Rx8 are the same.

ah the Japs...... dirty bunch of pervs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I had the privilege of driving this today as my car was off the road. What a way to start the day...

IMG_20161123_125800.jpg

Aircooled engines with heat exchangers should come with hats and gloves in the glove box....It was cold!

IMG_20161123_085532.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Please tell me the smoke in the first pic is from the tyres and not the exhaust :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Nice.

"Aircooled engines with heat exchangers should come with hats and gloves in the glove box....It was cold!"

So your were cold, but looked coooooool :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You waited for that particular moment to take that 2nd picture, didnt you?
    Actually more concerned that those dials were the first thing that caught my eye...)

Different view this morning, bit more comfortable but less dramatic.....private closed road and all that too obviously.

IMG_20161124_094816.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Different view this morning, bit more comfortable but less dramatic.....private closed road and all that too obviously.

And taken with a head mounted camera ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

She's full Mayo spec now:
    903zIAU.jpg?1

Also, I crashed into a BBS CH last night... Nice few scrapes on the front bumper :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

SNIP

BBS CH = ???

• Advertisement

SNIP

BBS CH = ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

How did you crash into a wheel man??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lads, Quotey pics.

futurama-fixit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Mini meet, I was there, crashed into a mates car at the meet. A mk5 golf gti with ch's on it :)

#supewawkymomo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

YbFocus wrote: »
    Mini meet, I was there, crashed into a mates car at the meet. A mk5 golf gti with ch's on it :)

#supewawkymomo :)

YEAH THANKS FOR THE INVITE CHEERS

OSI wrote: »
    So here's the conundrum. Quoting a pic is a 24hr ban, but if you double post a quoted pic, do you get double the ban?

Leniency for a first time infraction? (I know you can't quote pics, but there was grime on the notification and in my defence, I've been posting here for 3 years and I never knew you couldn't turn right quote pics)

*Please don't ban me. I like it here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

Careful now, you're not permitted to have a sense of humour these days. :P

Parody is frowned upon by certain Mods.

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Leniency for a first time infraction? (I know you can't quote pics, but there was grime on the notification and in my defence, I've been posting here for 3 years and I never knew you couldn't turn right quote pics)

IrishZeus wrote: »

I think your'e gonna get banned, the book will be thrown at ye. May as well go down in a blaze of glory and quote as many pictures as you can before the long arm of the law catches up with ye.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I think your'e gonna get banned, the book will be thrown at ye. May as well go down in a blaze of glory and quote as many pictures as you can before the long arm of the law catches up with ye.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to double post the Dino pic. I reckon boards would potentially explode! :D

*OSI, have I ever told you that you are the best looking mod on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

As most Japanese cars are, however I think in this case they are taking the lazy way out and not bothering to change the handbrake location from the European LHD models.

You think thats lazy, the bonnet release on the new focus is over beside the passo door :eek:
    Annoyed the $hit out of the trying to find it the other night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

stecleary wrote: »
    You think thats lazy, the bonnet release on the new focus is over beside the passo door :eek:
    Annoyed the $hit out of the trying to find it the other night

It was designed for a LHD car but they weren't bothered to put it on the driver's side in RHD models. Same thing in Renault Clios!

The thing happens on wiperblade systems on BMWs too. They are position for a LHD car on a RHD model...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

shietpilot wrote: »

The thing happens on wiperblade systems on BMWs too. They are position for a LHD car on a RHD model...

I bought a set of wiper blades from Halfords for my old BMW e39. Fitted them as instructed on package.(i.e one on drivers side and another on passenger) sure enough went to test them and ended up bending them as they were put on the wrong way around as the were made for a European car. I found that strange as I got them from Halfords which I thought were a English company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

shietpilot wrote: »
    She's full Mayo spec now:

Not with a valid tax disk your not.... [/flamesuit] ;):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Nissan Cube

Nissan_Cube_Z12_003.JPG

Nissan Ice Cube

15110984_1325137087520549_9107427015377342961_o.jpg

15137581_1325137120853879_6142261027969644562_o.jpg

15123056_1325137147520543_696888139325304163_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I often wonder if ice that severe is bad for paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sorted :).
    11TDI_NFLa012.jpg

Well at least get some rainX or reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kaiser has had a panzer this week!

9kvuko.jpg

First time driving something that size. Was a bit nervy the first time but you do get used to it very quick and the higher driving positon is pretty handy! Also noticed that other drivers don't seem to be as dumbassery around it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Still having problems with the new car?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,740 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Harcrid wrote: »
    Still having problems with the new car?

Few teething issues alright but should/better(!) be sorted now. Took a while to get needed parts I'm told. Did negotiate a warranty extension out of it though (no issues in that regard to be fair)
    OSI wrote: »
    Nothing says €70k SUV quite like halogens :rolleyes:

No colour MMI, Satnav, heated seats either. It's amazing how you "expect" things to be there after you've had them a while. Huge sunroof though and the halogens aren't bad to be fair. It's fairly hard on juice though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Few snaps of the new toy. 2009 GT spec 140bhp. 85k miles. Full VW service history. Very satisfied with it so far! Bodywork is perfect, few nicks on the wheels though (Radio removed as I'm getting the code for it)

f0qg50.png

2ekjg3n.png

b8trvn.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement