Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I got rid of my Audi TT last week and got a 207 but I don't think it warrants a photo its that normal
    Go on.
    Chance it.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Definitely not the best photo ever of the Puglet, bloody rushing because of tourists in a big GOT bus, but a nice memory of a few weeks ago when I just took a notion one morning, booked work off and drove up to the Causeway, Carrick-A-Rede and the Dark Hedges. All the while, going deaf with a straight through exhaust and rock hard suspension. Thats what a car is for, pure escapism, no matter what the situation. The wee yoke now actually stops, which is a bit of a novelty. It always had woolly stopping prowess from the moment I bought the car, and I put it down to old tech and work around it. After Mondello though, there was definitely enough noise and lack of stopping to warrant an actual look, and lo betide the whole brake setup was shagged. Fine opportunity to upgrade the whole system, and fix a few other few niggly issues now she's passed the 70k miles mark and entered the high mileage arena. Alas, this may be the last update on the Puglet. My new job has me doing nearly 10 hours of driving a week, and the poor girl just became too hardcore for this to be fun. Popping and banging is great, absolutely love it, but after 9 hours in front of a computer. The allure of a decent E46 proved too much, to be collected at the weekend after a full service and detail. Not sure how i'll adjust to all the technology and comfort, the Pug is still my most modern car until this, but sher it'll do for now while the savings are building for the next project, something I've had in my head for a fair while now! I have a shed got for the Pug, but don't feel right locking it away when someone else could have as much fun as I've had, plus I doubt I'll get re-insured on the old girl as Im not old enough myself yet to gt a classic or multi-car policy.

30897840605_52c53753d0_c.jpg

30495565350_22bd528244_c.jpg
    DD link for anyone wanting to adopt a Pug: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peuget-106-s1/13874726

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^ If I had the room I'd have the cash in your hand tomorrow.

If I had the cash i'd have the room tomorrow! Brilliant little car. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

job seeker wrote: »
    Happened me today..

A similar situation to yourself tfb I just had nowhere to safety pull in..

Mind me asking what the dash is from, I know I recognise it but just can't place it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mind me asking what the dash is from, I know I recognise it but just can't place it.

I'm pretty sure that is a Yaris dash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The Pug is for sale?

I don't know why, but;
    74c09f37363ec21210643ed4fe4d5751.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Oh man, I want your Pug so much, it's exactly what I love about cars.
    I would be killed though, severely killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Picked up a new(er) one.....

Audi-A4_zpsc3je928k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

nice. 2.0T?

What's the plan for the B5

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

I absolutely love that 106! There are only a hand few French cars I would get excited about and that is definitely one. Great car for the money too.

Tinkering away at the primera tonight. I changed the bulbous old steering wheel for an old school JDM Comusa one... feels so much better, and as it's a good bit smaller than the standard bus wheel, it has weighted up the steering nicely. Fitted a short shifter with new bushings and a weighted gear knob too, much more positive and snappy gear change now. Amazing the difference relatively small things like this can make to how a car feels, looking for excuses to drive all over again.

VKNGiP1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nice example of an earlier A4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

tossy wrote: »
    nice. 2.0T?

What's the plan for the B5

No, it's a 1.8T aswell. Probably put the b5 up for sale. Can't keep the two of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

dmc17 wrote: »
    No, it's a 1.8T aswell. Probably put the b5 up for sale. Can't keep the two of them :(

B5 all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 28,898 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Nah.. Sell the B5....

... to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

dmc17 wrote: »

Be a shame to see the B5 go. I had a rough as f... quattro avant for a while and i even miss that :D Always admired your one, did look into finding a 1.8T QS avant a few years ago but couldn't find one - went to look at one in Birmingham that i thought might be clean but wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Switched out the front plate. Still not sure which I prefer...
    401320.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try a Japanese size one. That looks a bit tall.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Try a Japanese size one. That looks a bit tall.

I was gonna, but I was dreading the, "You trying to look JDM, bro?" :pac:

That's what they use in Korea AFAIK. Hence the weird offset rear plate on the 05 Santa Fe.

search?view=detailV2&ccid=jdUttCJF&id=4B23D7B4DD5D2983A171BD80F3E5E10310C10A57&q=korean+number+plate&simid=608023905549421164&selectedIndex=8
    IMG_0943.jpg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's what they use in Korea AFAIK. Hence the weird offset rear plate on the 05 Santa Fe.

Ah! Did not know that.

It's weird that the coupes over here come with a front mounting for an obviously smaller plate, but they have a regular euro boot.

• Advertisement

Yeah the Tiburon gets the smaller rear plate fitment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I'm pretty sure that is a Yaris dash.

Yup, Wotz was correct, it's an extremely common 1999 1l Yaris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    He'll miss it again on his calculations :pac:

I have 111111 coming up on the 156 over tomorrow, probably on the drive to work. Hope I don't miss it :)

Forgot to post this for a couple of days, but I did manage to get the photo!

IMG_5175_zpslkt6p6lg.jpg

Pity the trip didn't say 156 instead of 157. :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Waited a while to find a clean one I liked and that wasn't clocked:mad:
    Finally got this one, all original,
    Ford Mondeo 2.2TD Titanium X 175BHP
    8aef531f-225d-43f7-b875-885f2733e7e3_zpsdfzod0vn.jpg
    9e6a6ef1-7de7-4164-84e2-864585a2313a_zpsflmvfvii.jpg
    eea112a7-98fa-4f4e-b0e3-e34758e8a52b_zpsnb3hqt7h.jpg

Really happy with her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Werent up around blanch yesterday no ? Saw one the exact same that caught my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Werent up around blanch yesterday no ? Saw one the exact same that caught my eye.

No I wasn't, only collected her yesterday evening and she was garaged all day being valeted for me by previous owner :). 107000m genuine miles. Was nearly caught with one clocked for over 250,000km. Background checks can be a lifesaver. Does anyone know was it a ford engine in them or that Peugeot engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

No I wasn't, only collected her yesterday evening and she was garaged all day being valeted for me by previous owner :). 107000m genuine miles. Was nearly caught with one clocked for over 250,000km. Background checks can be a lifesaver. Does anyone know was it a ford engine in them or that Peugeot engine?

Pug engine was 1.6

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Think all the 2L+ diesels in Mondeos are PSA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Yeah 2.0 and 2.2 are psa engines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement