Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The fog hasn't lifted here all day, it's never got above 1 degree either. Car is frozen.

IMG_2881.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Let it go.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Let it go.

Disney on ice / frozen flashbacks come flooding in.. i was just over it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

2j4d1jq.jpg

Picked this up on Friday. She's a V70 D5 automatic but with the added bonus of 4WD. Has all the options inside and comes with a lovely full history. Seems to drive spot on. Originally a UK car but brought to Ireland after 7 months.

I really like it so far.

Nice bus! Horrendous turning circle on them though. Good culchie reg too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nice bus! Horrendous turning circle on them though. Good culchie reg too.

I'd heard they were bad turning circle but remarkably better than an Alfa GTV!

Diesel engine and autobox is a wonderful combination. Heated leather seats are the only job as well. We won't discuss the unfortunate reg either :D

Had one as a trade in around 10 years ago, drove it around for a while, fitted a patio heater in the back. It's the only vehicle I've ever had to do a 3 point turn coming out the gate of the mothers house. That's including tractors and jeeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Who needs to turn in a Volvo when you can go through anything and everything :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

shietpilot wrote: »
    Who needs to turn in a Volvo when you can go through anything and everything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Video won't work for me :(

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Video won't work for me :(

Looks fine on my end

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Now it's working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gratz m8. So I guess you finally matured and went sensible. I wish I could do that. :)

OSI wrote: »

It's on private land :)

tossy wrote: »
    It's on private land :)

You put double yellows on your own land?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Here's the Boards introduction to the newest member of the fleet, the winter hack thats pushed the Puglet into semi-retirement. I never really had an intention of actually buying a BMW. I really really really wanted a Saab 93 Aero Coupe (which there just arnt any for sale), or an Iggy Sport (had to be yellow, so again none about). As you can see, I tend to laugh at mainstream. Welllll, long story short, after another 3 hour ordeal in the Pug, even the boise cancelling headphones were no use, I flicked on DD and this wee wagon popped up basically 5 mins from home. I thought the price was wrong, but next morn went down for a look, 15 mins later the deposit was down. I adore hardship, and working for driving thrills, but good god the comfort. Its like stepping out of an 19th century slum into the Ritz. Now I wouldnt enjoy the Ritz, but its worming into me. First trip out was actually up to Dubland for a week with work and got to enjoy a motorway trip for the first time ever. The last 2 days were spent up in Wicklow so taking an unnecessary de-tour into the Sally Gap was a necessity. A fine lump of car, with the only issue being a blown cig-lighter fuse, picked up for peanuts. Even the insurance swap from a 1.1 Pug to a 2L E46 came to the eye wattering total of €00.00!!

31028135041_4acef67ece_c.jpg

Shannon757 wrote: »
    You put double yellows on your own land?

Did i say i owned the land lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

'Tis a fine barn, but sure 'tis no pool, English.

I rather the pug but that is a lovely looking BM, I hope it serves you well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Fitted some standard pressed plates at the weekend.
    Much better than the plastic dealer ones

20161119_123743_zps6ibm1ufx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Much better Hooch, nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Much better Hooch, nice one.

They look great with a short number like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Picked this up on the weekend. 2012 2.2 diesel Civic. It's the EX GT model so it has a ton of extras. I'm loving it so far!

20161118_140326.jpg

20161118_140718.jpg

Edit. And one of the inside. New mats have already been ordered :)

20161122_111547.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

^ What does the green button do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

^ What does the green button do?

Ecomode as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Is it just the angle of the photo or would you be nearly feeling up your passenger whenever you use the handbrake?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Yeah the green button is for Eco. All it seems to do is change the blue lights on the speedo to green lights! I haven't had any hassle with the handbrake yet, the bolster thing on the seats is quite big so it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I have the 3 eco lights on the previous gen Civic, but it just seems to measure how far my foot is planted on the accelerator :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

pippip wrote: »
    Is it just the angle of the photo or would you be nearly feeling up your passenger whenever you use the handbrake?

It's a Japanese thing. 350z/Rx8 are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's a Japanese thing. 350z/Rx8 are the same.

The RX8 handbrake is on the driver's side :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The RX8 handbrake is on the driver's side :P

As most Japanese cars are, however I think in this case they are taking the lazy way out and not bothering to change the handbrake location from the European LHD models.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement