Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Any plans for new wheels on the Primera @m-i-m-m- ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I love the wheels on it I think they very retro for the car and year.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I love the wheels on it I think they very retro for the car and year.

Absolutely +1 to this, I was just thinking tho as mim has put some class wheels on some of his previous cars but I can't really think of a kind of after market alloy to suit the Primera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

That Primera looks really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm absolutely mad for modding but I wouldn't touch the outside of that Primera, especially the wheels. The car looks like a time capsule, it's beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, I'd keep it standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Absolutely +1 to this, I was just thinking tho as mim has put some class wheels on some of his previous cars but I can't really think of a kind of after market alloy to suit the Primera

06032008148.jpg

Alloys wont do much for it in fairness, but if ya must, either these or some off an almera gti.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Don't turn it into that, please. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I wonder, would a very subtle dual exhaust look good?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

There are very sensitive to cosmetic modifications, a quick google search throws up some awful creations! The bodywork / exterior will be mostly staying bog standard. I love how it looks now, I may consider a bolt on spacer to bring the standard rear wheels out a bit, as they are a bit lost in the arch. It's that, or possibly some Enkei rpf1's as the pic, not sure yet. I do love the wheels that are on it. I will probably be getting BC coilovers which will lower it a tad but nothing crazy. Subtle is key!

lT9FhHx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Spacers will only interfere with the handling! It's your car obviously and by all means do what you like! But Nissan knew what they were doing when they made it. Leave it the way they intended:)

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Spacers will only interfere with the handling! It's your car obviously and by all means do what you like! But Nissan knew what they were doing when they made it. Leave it the way they intended:)

Yup, I do have a lot of thinking to do... but I won't ruin it I promise! :pac:

LLyKkgJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I love those old school Primeras. Something so classic about them. Always had a soft spot for hatchback versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You should slam her laad.

Had to try them to see, advan RG-1's. I kinda like how it looks with these!

715PvmN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Had to try them to see, advan RG-1's. I kinda like how it looks with these!

[]http://i.imgur.com/715PvmN.jpg[/]

Re paint them Gun metal grey :cool: Will look savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I have to say you have access to some of the best wheels out there man, I'm so jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Wailin

Wasn't sure if the matt grills would look good on carbon black (looks great on grey and white) but tried it anyway. Happy enough with it I have to say. Car needs a major exterior clean and new bits make it look worse!

29209637313_54c86db37b_c.jpg
    29209633323_03712a4d19_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I think the new ones look well. They match the lower grilles/mesh. Wouldn't fancy it on my own Estoril Blue as the chrome surround goes well but the inside part is black rather than chrome.

Agree with MM.

That looks nice and subtle. I actually don't like the black matte grilles on white cars where they stand out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the new ones look well. They match the lower grilles/mesh. Wouldn't fancy it on my own Estoril Blue as the chrome surround goes well but the inside part is black rather than chrome.

There is someone working close by to me with an F30 M Sport in Estoril Blue with the black kidney grill and it actually looks quite well imo. It's a personal choice though.

Ironically about 10 years ago BMW owners where replacing their black kidney grills with chrome ones when BMW only fitted chrome grills to their 6 cylinder and above cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is someone working close by to me with an F30 M Sport in Estoril Blue with the black kidney grill and it actually looks quite well imo. It's a personal choice though.

Ironically about 10 years ago BMW owners where replacing their black kidney grills with chrome ones when BMW only fitted chrome grills to their 6 cylinder and above cars.

The grill on mine has black fins with a chrome surround. I like it :D

That's true. The grill on my 335i was chrome and as ShanE90 told me, that was to signify 6 cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Needs a bit of tlc for the nct next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Not sure if serious but I absolutely love those! Such charm and character and you just don't see them anymore. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I saw that that car was gone from DoneDeal. Did you buy it?:)

I managed to fix the timing chain issue on the GT last night. Turned out to be a sized chain tensioner. SR20's are very particular about oil changes and quality and this is one of the reasons why, the tensioner uses oil pressure on the lower inner chain guide to keep it in place. You can see in the picture the old tensioner stuck halfway out, and the replacement beside it. Crappy blueprint filter on the car and black oil says it all. Oil plugs filters etc all getting done today. Anyhow no more timing rattle, and no damage done to chain and guides which is good. Tickover smooth and quiet now :)

8ZUEHq1.jpg

FvnLA8Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Your an amazing man mimm with the beautiful motor's you pick up for pittance! Someone will post a 50K car and get less thanks...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    I managed to fix the timing chain issue on the GT last night. Turned out to be a sized chain tensioner. SR20's are very particular about oil changes and quality and this is one of the reasons why, the tensioner uses oil pressure on the lower inner chain guide to keep it in place. You can see in the picture the old tensioner stuck halfway out, and the replacement beside it. Crappy blueprint filter on the car and black oil says it all. Oil plugs filters etc all getting done today. Anyhow no more timing rattle, and no damage done to chain and guides which is good. Tickover smooth and quiet now :)
    Nothing wrong with blueprint filters, in fact they are decent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That GT has to be my favourite car on this forum at the minute!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement