Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Carpentry wrote: »
    thought its a thread about posting pictures of cars, not guesses :p

But in this case it will lead to a pic of a car and someone being very smug about getting it right so we'll allow it.

Anyways, it's gonna be a 5008

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seat Ateca would be my guess.

1.5 TSI I reckon.

DSG or not though...

1 week and 1000km down
    EE169576-4-DF7-466-F-9-D5-D-6237-B8714041.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Those alloys look great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Those alloys look great

Was just thinking the same nicer than most of the ones that come on the Irish spec cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Alright,
    Just the one photo for now.

Couple of winnerswon here with the guesses.
    Well done Colmcm,

She is Ateca FR
    1.5tsi DSG with some options added.

67874442_10214411716951114_3730212335327903744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_eui2=AeHfqM8XK-Oz5k9aQxavbwPhQFPeQu2R9tKFQG4czIctHo0-t9itPzKgIGe6OvYhHBaefb7gNVSeqd-0z9kczfJ6yqX0-LAhTYpqcsjqjVObEA&_nc_oc=AQll-mdOEryj1MB5IIAM-3FVhWo6S0lC6wBgo3v5o45ixOhIuIRQZgvKK4awivqmeLI&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=ca1a85f1650e363d13878173f26df9be&oe=5DE43064

Nice motor!
    First petrol car in how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Very nice! I'd say the change to petrol is a nice novelty.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Those alloys look great

Thanks. I’m told they’re rare enough. It still rides smoother on the 18s than my Civic did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

vectra wrote: »
    Alright,
    Just the one photo for now.

Couple of winnerswon here with the guesses.
    Well done Colmcm,

She is Ateca FR
    1.5tsi DSG with some options added.

I was driving one today. Except it wasn't an FR but was a TSI DSG. They are nice to drive very comfortable and practical engine and gearbox suits it well. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Thanks. I’m told they’re rare enough. It still rides smoother on the 18s than my Civic did.

I think anything rides smoother then a those civics :D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nice motor!
    First petrol car in how long?

Bought my first diesel in 2008.
    Has been all diesels since then, so nice change to have no more rattly sounds.
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    Very nice! I'd say the change to petrol is a nice novelty.

It is for sure, I had forgotten how quiet they were :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Well wear Vectra looks lovely and great colour, no doubt you will be giving it the full treatment shine wise.

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Well wear Vectra looks lovely and great colour, no doubt you will be giving it the full treatment shine wise.

Thanks,
    It will be getting something done to it anyway.
    Probably a wash and prep ( no machine polish )
    then a coat or two of PNS, I tried this on the bonnet and both wings of the Mondeo before I sold it and was quite impressed by it.
    Wheels and plastics will be getting the Dlux treatment.
    H2Go on the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Starting a new job, so had to go on a hunt for a new car that suits all the needs. Honestly never thought I'd see myself in an SUV, but after test driving nearly 20 different cars, I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed and do enjoy driving this car. Bought it just over a week ago, driven to Limerick and back and a load of driving around Cork and used less than a tank.

2016 Renault Kadjar

RAp3r1Yl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm a big fan of not being a pedantic detailer but I am a fan of a clean car. I wash and hoover the car weekly, religiously. A year or two ago I remember seeing a review for Auto Finesse Tripple, saying it was good for people who wanted max results for minimal effort and budget, right up my street.

Washed with VW's own brand wash and wax and dried with their detailing spray, then gave it a decent coat of the Auto Finesse that I finally picked up the other week. The whole affair took no more than 90 minutes and I'm pleased with how it looks, I put it on the glass, lights and grilles too. Needless to say it rained as soon as I was done, just in time to take the finish off the car. The beads were good and I expect they'll last a bit.

20190817-194445.jpg

20190817-194459.jpg

20190817-203405.jpg

Have done a little over 25k in it now, no issues so far bar a headlight bulb and a tail light bulb that ended up needing a bulb holder, which is a failure that I've never come across with a Japanese car.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did water get in....? My megane needs a new bulb holder as fog works but side light won't as it eroded....

Looking well the golf and I'm very surprised how reliable the Renault's are.... Were once muck but comfortable but now they're good and comfortable.....

Maybe that's the concussion talking from when I constantly hit me head though ;-) getting in or out

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

48582264372_3374771692_z.jpgIMG-7645

Drive her into the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

3 days into the scenic route road trip across the pyrenees. The 3 pot turbo clio has been nice to drive across the mountains.

7fDHepzl.jpg

roads have been epic. we climbed up through the gorges, around the dam and resevoir above laruns in thick cloud for about 40 minutes. Came around this corner find a spectacular moutain top area on the border into spain.

qx9bY0Xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Interslice wrote: »
    3 days into the scenic route road trip across the pyrenees. The 3 pot turbo clio has been nice to drive across the mountains.

i had one as a rental and was quite impressed by it. She pulled well and was very comfy. Very good on fuel too

• Advertisement

353-D03-AA-4993-45-ED-A14-D-D022-E4-D653-E8.jpg

34-BC873-E-228-B-4929-9-EC0-9-CC70-D88-D157.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Well done on getting the pressed plates. Look so much neater

• Registered Users Posts: 81,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Out of interest with the plates, did you use double sided tape on them? I like the no screws look.

Yeah. Like thin enough foam tape. That’s what I used on the civic in 2012 and they’re still on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Gave the interior a good going over today as it wasn't cleaned in a few months:

20190824-134352.jpg

20190824-134828.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Looks smart with the wood. Too many F10s have the piano black inserts!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

An €800 extra too, madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me. Piano Black is too high maintenance, it scratches when you look at it. The oyster (cream) trim and leather is hard work and definitely not for someone who doesn't clean their interior that often or has young children. It gets marked very easily and doesn't hide it very well. I bought a leather repair paint pen off ebay for about €10 and it does a good job especially on the seat bolsters which tend to get most of the abuse from getting in and out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »
    I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me. Piano Black is too high maintenance, it scratches when you look at it. The oyster (cream) trim and leather is hard work and definitely not for someone who doesn't clean their interior that often or has young children. It gets marked very easily and doesn't hide it very well. I bought a leather repair paint pen off ebay for about €10 and it does a good job especially on the seat bolsters which tend to get most of the abuse from getting in and out of the car.

The piano black is awful when driving on a sunny day, the reflection can be blinding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Gave the old Fiesta a polish today. She cleans up well.

Off to Kilkenny show tomorrow.

j0dRLu6.jpg
    G6XnKus.jpg
    Tq0jdDv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement