Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

MisterDrak wrote: »
    I will say that the Apple Car Play integration is not as good in the BMW. The more letterbox screen is somewhat to blame, as the icons for the apps are not as well spaced, also there is a fair bit of lag between hitting the app and getting a response back.

The fact that it’s wireless CarPlay in the bmw’s is a huge plus though, don’t you think? I used to find it a bit of a faff tbh in the VW, having to plug the phone into the usb in order for CarPlay to work, so often times I didn’t bother. BMW also seem to do a slightly better job of integrating CarPlay with the native controls. Eg the steering wheel buttons actually do something useful when CarPlay is active.
    I’ve too noticed the occasional laggy-ness though, I’d have thought that the new 5 series would be better in that regard!

Both stunning 5’ers anyway lads, well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Lovely motors is right. Some nice stuff about these days. New Civic R and 2x250bhp petrol BMs on this page alone. This time ten years ago none of those would have been on the road with the Co2 tax bands.

Still sickening that a 35k USD car (or so) is a $56,000 car here :(:(:( reading car forums and people talking about not wanting or dreaming of paying $36,000 for a civic when you have to pay $56,000 :(

Same for all cars but oh well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shame we don't have the sportier models that are much more common in other countries. That said I am also seeing much more of them around, far more fiesta / focus STs around. Lots of Golf Rs and some Audi S, BMW Ms etc.

Then theres the rich folk like the grey metallic ferrari F12 I saw today (2012) and then a UK reg Merc AMG G class went by :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 5 Series still uses iDrive version 6 which isn't the best with CarPlay. The new 3 Series uses the latest iDrive version 7 which is supposed to be better and more seamless with CarPlay. BMW still haven't moved ahead with Android Auto though which is plane ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

bazz26 wrote: »
    The 5 Series still uses iDrive version 6 which isn't the best with CarPlay. The new 3 Series uses the latest iDrive version 7 which is supposed to be better and more seamless with CarPlay. BMW still haven't moved ahead with Android Auto though which is plane ridiculous at this stage.

You have the wrong phone Bazz :pac:

I saw an amusing review by Matt on Carwow though which highlighted the ridiculousness of it. The 3 series can be unlocked with your Android phone (won’t work with iPhone) but you need an iPhone to take full advantage of the infotainment system!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lol, I'm still using a S7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Still sickening that a 35k USD car (or so) is a $56,000 car here :(:(:( reading car forums and people talking about not wanting or dreaming of paying $36,000 for a civic when you have to pay $56,000 :(

Same for all cars but oh well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shame we don't have the sportier models that are much more common in other countries. That said I am also seeing much more of them around, far more fiesta / focus STs around. Lots of Golf Rs and some Audi S, BMW Ms etc.

Then theres the rich folk like the grey metallic ferrari F12 I saw today (2012) and then a UK reg Merc AMG G class went by :D

Work hard and be grand, Ireland’s got daaaaycent wages compared to the rest of the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Apple car play isn’t letterboxed in my car. 172 model 3 series. It’s probably the cars best feature. They charge enough for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Not the full car i know, but i added these to it today.

1huvs0.jpg

amtw78.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Take them off again :eek:

rex-x wrote: »
    Take them off again :eek:

Not your cup of tea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

More practical than any car I have had before :)

IMG-20190407-180116.jpg
    IMG-20190407-182013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

vintagevrs wrote: »
    More practical than any car I have had before :)

Your saddle is too low :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

mloc123 wrote: »
    Your saddle is too low :)

Thanks, only beginner so just glad I didn't kill myself coming down the hill tbh

Not your cup of tea?

Eyebrows like that were fairly bad even in the height of the max power days, they really just scream 'chav'. But each to their own and all that business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

All clean...for now.

And yes the sticker is on the wrong car..

feh0tS3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Eyebrows like that were fairly bad even in the height of the max power days, they really just scream 'chav'. But each to their own and all that business

Bit harsh there...

Wailin wrote: »
    Bit harsh there...

Hey its only one mans opinion (mine) :) I have made many motoring fashion faux pas myself in the past

Fair enough. Opinion on in-car/under-car LED's? same?

Hey its only one mans opinion (mine) :) I have made many motoring fashion faux pas myself in the past

Such as?

All clean...for now.

And yes the sticker is on the wrong car..

feh0tS3.jpg

The S2000 is one car i would love to own but prices are only going one way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

477326.jpg

First car I've owned worthy of this thread. Washed and waxed. Why would you not have an Alfa?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats lovely. And quite late being '11

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Thats lovely. And quite late being '11

I'd say it is one of the last registered in the UK (and now Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I'd say it is one of the last registered in the UK (and now Ireland).

That is some beauty I love it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The S2000 is one car i would love to own but prices are only going one way.
    Yeah, great car alright. IMHO they're still reasonable enough and like you say they're only going one way. If I was in the market I'd look for one of the "limited edition" ones or ones in unusual colours/trim. They're not much more expensive generally and those will be the ones that will appreciate the most. I'd also be looking at importing one from Japan. Pity they never went the whole hog and did an R version, though in my humble some of the special editions are more of and R than many that wore that badge in the last ten years.
    First car I've owned worthy of this thread. Washed and waxed. Why would you not have an Alfa?
    They're a bloody gorgeous looking car. You have to hand it to the Italians on that score. The world would be a much more boring place without Italians.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I may, just may be coming into possession of a very unique and very questionable "styled" wise Italian car which I owned once a long time ago.
    See if anyone can guess what it is ;) and no not a mulitpla.
    Still doing the calculations so it's not a given I'll get it but fingers crossed.

bear1 wrote: »
    I may, just may be coming into possession of a very unique and very questionable "styled" wise Italian car which I owned once a long time ago.
    See if anyone can guess what it is ;) and no not a mulitpla.
    Still doing the calculations so it's not a given I'll get it but fingers crossed.

Lancia Beta:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Lancia Beta:D

Nope but you aren't too far off

Fair enough. Opinion on in-car/under-car LED's? same?

Yes very much so but it is only an opinion, doesn't make me correct!
    Such as?

I used to think having hideous cheap alloys on the car rather than OEM was the way to go, I though HID kits were very cool, de-wipering etc etc. I'm not innocent :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Selling my baby soon :/ white and dirty.

Love the angles.

lE0B5UK.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement