Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

33623057748_b95b1a3a54_c.jpg

...bm is looking well after a wash

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

She had a quick wash today. Might'nt be everybody's cup of tea but we needed a seven seater and this popped up when we were just about to settle on an smax

IMG_20190330_134842_893_zpsq6dawfcs.jpg

IMG_20190330_140833_574_zpsixjtvefn.jpg

IMG_20190330_140126_511_zpsmj8udnmv.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Lovely! It's nice to something different out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

bear1 wrote: »
    Stream?

Odyssey k24 200bhp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Bmw 520d MSport + Touring. Have it over a year now and love it. Wheels need a refurb now though so it’ll be sitting on 18’s for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

[IMG][/img]x2vuwm.jpg
    Washed, now feeding..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

That's lovely.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What a beauty! Always loved that colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That colour and that interior, oh yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

Nixonbot wrote: »
    That colour and that interior, oh yes.
    This... It's 2.2 auto and I should have gone for 2.5 manual, but this one really stood out when I was looking for one nearly 5 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    She had a quick wash today. Might'nt be everybody's cup of tea but we needed a seven seater and this popped up when we were just about to settle on an smax

That is proper cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That's a lovely E46! I know I'm totally biased but the facelifted ones are still a fresh looking car. It's all the better for having the correct number of cylinders under the bonnet, too :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

530i M-Sport Plus with upgraded 20inch wheels. I've been drooling over this in the showroom for a while now and finally couldn't resist anymore. Forgive the bad parking - My last car kept getting dings from the careless twats beside me.

Toyj4OFh.jpg

dgDugphh.jpg

cCTOMZjh.jpg

iPzI376h.jpg

oF3wwpZh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

eU3KTQi_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Misses wanted to throw this out "recycle" it. Was horrified. It's being turned into a table or other display.

Got some new tyres and a wheel today
    8VBSOHn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    6DTfrEE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    YR6Aacp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Jesus, what happened to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Jesus, what happened to that?
    qOuIT3e.jpg
    Believe or not just a kerb :eek: 30profile tyres don't give much protection, wheels aren't the strongest I believe they're just regular alloys not forged or anything.

Did clip it at 40kmph or so so decent force. I think the wheel actually just absorbed all the force saving any damage to anything else :pac:

Not a fun week....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

viperirl wrote: »
    530i M-Sport Plus with upgraded 20inch wheels. I've been drooling over this in the showroom for a while now and finally couldn't resist anymore. Forgive the bad parking - My last car kept getting dings from the careless twats beside me.

Very nice, it's hard to keep up with badging these days but is the 30i a 4 or 6 pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

2.0 litre 4 cylinder, 250bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Snap viperirl !!!

Very long time GTi owner here (since 2005), and mover over the BMW week before last. Also a 530i. Absolutely love the car.

TAHomCD.jpg?2

RnXcpJu.jpg?2

My sons school friends were slagging him saying that your dad has finally grown up... Not sure if that is a complement or not :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Snap viperirl !!!

Very long time GTi owner here (since 2005), and mover over the BMW week before last. Also a 530i. Absolutely love the car.

ah! so you bought the other one - I had seen it was sold when I picked mine up. Yup absolutely adore the car, plenty of power, nice and smooth and a quiet petrol engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Snap viperirl !!!

My sons school friends were slagging him saying that your dad has finally grown up... Not sure if that is a complement or not :confused:

How are you finding it so far on juice compared to the GTi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

bazz26 wrote: »
    How are you finding it so far on juice compared to the GTi?

This first thing that hits you is the almost silence when you drive off, and this persists for normal speeds. Potholes and poor surfaces are dealt with well, however I have the M-Sport running on 20ins rims, so I do get some feedback but it is "distant". Each time I drive the BMW I'm happy to "whaft" along, where as with the GTI I wanted to get there "fast". Just a completely different feeling...

You do notice the considerable extra weight in the car, when taking tight corners so some speed. The low down acceleration in the Gti is better, however slot the 530 into sport and after 2500 rpm it just take off. I would love to do a drag race between the two, and watch the BMW eat the Golf from 50mph onwards.

The technology is next level, and the idrive is very intuitive to use. Stuff like remote locking, heating, and are mostly gimmicks, iv even got Office 365 integration (talk about driving distraction)...

I will say that the Apple Car Play integration is not as good in the BMW. The more letterbox screen is somewhat to blame, as the icons for the apps are not as well spaced, also there is a fair bit of lag between hitting the app and getting a response back.

Getting about 29 in the BM compared to 31 in the GTi.

Overall loving the absolutely the experience. :D:D:D

Gorgeous 5er's lads! Love it, and I'm jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Lovely motors is right. Some nice stuff about these days. New Civic R and 2x250bhp petrol BMs on this page alone. This time ten years ago none of those would have been on the road with the Co2 tax bands.

Fitted some flappier paddles...

IMG-2167.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Very true, a mate of mine bought a 1.5 VTEC Turbo Civic in the last few weeks. 180bhp (but feels like more when on the move).

It was €30k new which I thought represents very good value, it's very highly specced too. Road tax of €280 and up to 50 MPG as well, seems petrol can be the way forward again.

Do you use the paddles much? I have had a few autos, but the golf was the only petrol/performance car with an auto I had, and I found I used them all the time. Default mode for me was to knock the DSG into sport and then use the paddles as sport auto used to hold the gears too long. This also prevented the race mode noise fakery going on, but I think you might have that coded out already. I don't the paddles in my current car at all, probably would if it was petrol though.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Do you use the paddles much? I have had a few autos, but the golf was the only petrol/performance car with an auto I had, and I found I used them all the time. Default mode for me was to knock the DSG into sport and then use the paddles as sport auto used to hold the gears too long. This also prevented the race mode noise fakery going on, but I think you might have that coded out already. I don't the paddles in my current car at all, probably would if it was petrol though.

I'm using them more and more, i use race mode in manual alot and use the paddles as like you said it holds the gears too long and it can be very loud in built up traffic. I have the soundaktor coded out alright - biggest load of ... :D

• Advertisement

Fine old stretch in the evening
    IMG-20190406-202410.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement