Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

rex-x wrote: »
    Yes very much so but it is only an opinion, doesn't make me correct!

I used to think having hideous cheap alloys on the car rather than OEM was the way to go, I though HID kits were very cool, de-wipering etc etc. I'm not innocent :pac:

De-wipering was never something I grasped. HID kits, never had. Not fussy on the alloys once they look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

bear1 wrote: »
    Nope but you aren't too far off

Oh no, not the Thesis...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Oh no, not the Thesis...

Yep. I know i know it's a very questionable car when it comes to the exterior styling but to be honest I like the quirkiness and uniqueness of it.
    The version on offer is ridiculously spec'd for what is essentially a 13 year old car.
    All going well I'll be the owner of it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Has one as a rental ages ago. Interesting yoke!
    An Alfa 166 for the blind.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Has one as a rental ages ago. Interesting yoke!
    An Alfa 166 for the blind.

Well I do like to stand out in my car.
    I like the idea of being different and not following the crowd into the typical make or model.
    As said it's something which has popped up and the spec is rare and with the engine I need.
    Need to shift the punto still.

• Advertisement

The interior was savage, I can’t remember much else about it!

It's a serious place to sit.
    The one I've my eye on is the emblema spec which is the highest I believe.
    Comes with a solar panel sun roof which was a 3.5k option at the time.
    Rear electric blind, tri zone aircon, soft shut doors and boot, elec moveable steering wheel etc etc.
    Nice piece of kit and I like the rear of it.
    The front is a bit mutant like but sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

It's a serious place to sit.
    The one I've my eye on is the emblema spec which is the highest I believe.
    Comes with a solar panel sun roof which was a 3.5k option at the time.
    Rear electric blind, tri zone aircon, soft shut doors and boot, elec moveable steering wheel etc etc.
    Nice piece of kit and I like the rear of it.
    The front is a bit mutant like but sure...

Were they available in Ireland? I had to Google it, I had never seen one before

high horse wrote: »
    Were they available in Ireland? I had to Google it, I had never seen one before

Nah just the European mainland.

Sales target: 13,200 units in 2002; 25,000 in 2003

48-C6-F1-CA-F45-E-464-C-ACC3-B802-BE2-E205-E.jpg

Total investment in new model €405m
    15,661 cars sold.
    Total cost of DEVELOPMENT (not even including actual production or distribution) per car €25,860

• Advertisement

Yep it was a terrible investment for them but it can mean a nice luxobarge for me at relatively low cost

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The Lancia Thema has a serious whiff of Chrysler 300C off it. With that said, the Lancia looks a lot more appealing to me eye.

The Lancia Thema has a serious whiff of Chrysler 300C off it. With that said, the Lancia looks a lot more appealing to me eye.

They are essentially the same car

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

My Polestar V60 that I got a month ago, complete with freshly refurbished wheels, I really love this car.

4mwKjiR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Nice and as a compete BMW fanboi I can also say that is a seriously cool car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Weapon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That Volvo is class, such a sleeper. Nice choice. For those that don't know it has a 6 pot turbo petrol, 350ish bhp and 4wd. I would doubt if there are any Irish ones with the tax on them.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    That Volvo is class, such a sleeper. Nice choice. For those that don't know it has a 6 pot turbo petrol, 350ish bhp and 4wd. I would doubt if there are any Irish ones with the tax on them.

Thank you! I got it while I'm stuck here in England for a while, It hurt me enough to pay tax on a 2007 2.2.

Don't think there is any on Irish plates. The newer 2.0 is reasonable to tax in Ireland I believe, but it just doesn't sound the same. Its rare over here too. Had to wait ages before the right one came up for sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked this up today as a summer project

C81-DA6-CA-6691-4-EC5-96-BB-EB348-D30-EBB4.jpg[/url]

7609-FAF9-6-EEB-44-F1-B460-522-B2-AE49-AE8.jpg[/url]

The front needs some attention and it needs a good service having been lying up for about 4 years but it’s very original and should clean up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Friend!

• Advertisement

So we bought the thesis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    My Polestar V60 that I got a month ago, complete with freshly refurbished wheels, I really love this car.

Animal car
    For some reason I thought polestar cars only came in that polestar blue. Looks great in white

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

So we bought the thesis :)

pics_or_it_didnt_happen_retro_poster-rafce5a91cfbe4e509401c9434d861ab7_tvw_8byvr_512.jpg
    Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Volvo make the best sleepers. Unless it was parked up and you spotted the front calipers you wouldn't look twice at it. Nice looking car still and all.

Whats the stuff on the grill? Looks like a sensor or something.

joujoujou wrote: »
    pics_or_it_didnt_happen_retro_poster-rafce5a91cfbe4e509401c9434d861ab7_tvw_8byvr_512.jpg
    Well wear!

Need to give it a clean inside and out.
    I'll take proper pictures then.
    Needs new tyres, tie rod ends and rear brake discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Interslice wrote: »
    Volvo make the best sleepers. Unless it was parked up and you spotted the front calipers you wouldn't look twice at it. Nice looking car still and all.

Completely agree. I have a 3 series estate, and BMs equivalent to that I presume would be a 340i, but that Polestar is ten times cooler, and I like my BMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Completely agree. I have a 3 series estate, and BMs equivalent to that I presume would be a 340i, but that Polestar is ten times cooler, and I like my BMs.

Agreed.

The S60 and (and probably V60) has had autonomous braking since 2012. I guess it’s for that. There’s also a sensor in the windscreen.

The adaptive cruise and auto brake radar is “hidden” behind that black panel on the grille.

I like it’s somewhat low key looks. An m140i or a 340i estate were the other cars on my list if I couldn’t get the Volvo. I love the look of BMWs, especially newer ones. They are so immensely common here though, especially the best looking blue m sport estates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Have been working on fixing up the 166 since January , finally finished and back on the road..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement