Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭seanvanseanvan

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You need to leave them and state their 1 Mb fibre service as the reason...
    What in the name of God are you paying €59 a month for that crap for?

I wouldn't be with Imagine if I had another option and to be honest I had no issue with speeds for 3 years til this July.
    Speed test just now

8657083072.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That's pretty bad for the middle of the day
    Mines around 30 now at 650pm which is ok
    I'll test in an hour and post what it's like then

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Hero777

Just wondering if anyone has this service in The Naul, north county Dublin?

35 down 6 up atm so about the same as yesterday
    At that its very useable but it's not fibre and shouldn't be thought of as such as its 5 times faster at all times

Shortly after the post above, the internet stopped altogether
    Its been back but un useable
    Got 3 texts from imagine to say they're working on the fault...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So I got the upgrade to the new 5G ready stuff last week on Friday.
    My speeds have been worse since.

I rang them the next day and the support guy sent out some troubleshooting steps which I had to so before it could be passed on to 2nd line support.

I rang again on Monday and got talking to someone pretty useless (after I had replied to all the troubleshooting steps with screenshots etc)

Rang again on Tuesday and got a very helpful guy, who took a lot of details and is supposed to get back to me (but has not yet) - he also gave me a user/pass for the router which I can now access myself to set up port forwarding - that's a first !

Anhoo - I'll ring them again tomorrow to see if there is any update, but the helpful guy could see that the signal was not as good as the old setup I had and he wondered why they had put it up like that (My guess is because it was 5.30 on a friday afternoon)

Signal with me on the modem is usually full
    Tonight its 2 to 3
    Guy on phone said while they're fixing the ,'issue's I'm migrated over to another site
    How is that possible?
    I'm still pointed to barrack Croghan

I presume for the 120 people he told me are affected,the engineers are drawing out of some other high site somewhere for bandwidth?
    That means some mast elsewhere must be s-hoite tonight now too?
    If you are on that mast dont blame my use...I've only 4mb tonight,even the internet radio is buffering..
    They say its been an issue for a week or two whatever this issue is (I'd say a month or more) but they've only got to the bottom of it today and it will be fixed tomorrow
    We'll see

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So I got the upgrade to the new 5G ready stuff last week on Friday.
    My speeds have been worse since.

I rang them the next day and the support guy sent out some troubleshooting steps which I had to so before it could be passed on to 2nd line support.

I rang again on Monday and got talking to someone pretty useless (after I had replied to all the troubleshooting steps with screenshots etc)

Rang again on Tuesday and got a very helpful guy, who took a lot of details and is supposed to get back to me (but has not yet) - he also gave me a user/pass for the router which I can now access myself to set up port forwarding - that's a first !

Anhoo - I'll ring them again tomorrow to see if there is any update, but the helpful guy could see that the signal was not as good as the old setup I had and he wondered why they had put it up like that (My guess is because it was 5.30 on a friday afternoon)

So it looks like the issue is my Gargoyle rouyter sitting on front of the Imagine router - it worked fine with the old one, but there is some issue with it now.

On a direct test to the Imagine router I can get 70-100 speeds

The crew came and couldn't move me to a different mast. So my options are to give 30 days' notice or grin and bear it till the end of November/December. Seemingly when they did 5g upgrade on Knockraha mast they blew a cell (correct term?) and now every customer is drawing from one cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Signal with me on the modem is usually full
    Tonight its 2 to 3
    Guy on phone said while they're fixing the ,'issue's I'm migrated over to another site
    How is that possible?
    I'm still pointed to barrack Croghan

I presume for the 120 people he told me are affected,the engineers are drawing out of some other high site somewhere for bandwidth?
    That means some mast elsewhere must be s-hoite tonight now too?
    If you are on that mast dont blame my use...I've only 4mb tonight,even the internet radio is buffering..
    They say its been an issue for a week or two whatever this issue is (I'd say a month or more) but they've only got to the bottom of it today and it will be fixed tomorrow
    We'll see

He was talking through his arse it seems. My speeds since the 10th;

11/10 - 6.16 mbps
    12/10 - 8.72 mbps
    13/10 - 2.69 mbps

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    He was talking through his arse it seems. My speeds since the 10th;

11/10 - 6.16 mbps
    12/10 - 8.72 mbps
    13/10 - 2.69 mbps

Those your lowest evening speeds?
    How long does that go on for?
    I've only tested at 750pm to be consistent and its usually around 30 to 40 lately at that time(since they 'fixed' the problem, did you get texts about that?)
    Same mast

Worse than dial up this evening
    Bye bye
    Cancelling tomorrow and joining whizzy

And 156 Mb now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

My hourly average over the past 7 days;
    xqpyBZjl.png

Last two days;
    SEtHTINl.png

Drops off a cliff between 7 and 8 and comes back usable between 10 and 11.
    The two troughs bottom out around 2 mbps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

And 156 Mb now...

probably best to get most of what you need done before it buckles again this evening. In fairness you've had a very good run with Imagine up to recently, better than most people. If Whizzy are more reliable with speeds 24/7 then i'd move to them if they are the only other option.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

d31b0y wrote: »
    My hourly average over the past 7 days;

Drops off a cliff between 7 and 8 and comes back usable between 10 and 11.
    The two troughs bottom out around 2 mbps.

That 3 to 4 hour period in the evening is when you probably need the internet the most and when everyone else is also using it. Not much point having over 100 megs at 4am and then unusable in the evening when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xtreme rebel

I don't have it but this should be it. From the Gemtek site:

uploads-products-5ac33f33d8ed2.png

https://www.gemteks.com/en/products/wireless-broadband/outdoor-cpe

I got this installed earlier, as part of the 5G ready installation. Does anyone know if I can log into this router?

They want to replace my router
    2nd line say it has known issues with a new software update they did at my mast...
    3 to 5 working days..
    Current speed 5mb..

I'll let them do that but if no improvement, there will be no delay in leaving

Gas thing is,its not the router unless d31b0y's here is also shot
    Same mast

Its also rubbish because obviously it's only in the evening that its shot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

They have some amount of spoofers employed. I was with them for years, long before this LTE product. I eventually gave up complaining and accepted what I had because there were no alternatives. Had the router and radio replaced as well. No change, surprisingly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Advertising under the poles with fibre I’ve noticed. Fast broadband now in the area or something along those line. Thurles and Killenaule areas. I emailed eircom with the suggestion of Counter-advertising underneath it with the the words from eircom.net/.ie openeir etc

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xtreme rebel

Logged into new new Router tonight, changed the router name and password. Applied the changes and now I cant connect to the WiFi.

Any ideas?

They have some amount of spoofers employed. I was with them for years, long before this LTE product. I eventually gave up complaining and accepted what I had because there were no alternatives. Had the router and radio replaced as well. No change, surprisingly!

Aye,well I have to let them do that.
    But they must think I'm thick
    I mean if the router can do 156 in the daytime, IT'S NOT BROKEN

Currently 3Mb

Am using three 4G in the house st the moment
    At least Whizzy is an option

Currently 3Mb

Am using three 4G in the house st the moment
    At least Whizzy is an option

yep no way is that router broken/faulty if it can do over 150 early in the day. There is no end to the amount of spoofing Imagine do. The only way Imagine can improve your speeds is get rid of half the customers from your mast, and they ain't going to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

8677316344.png

Definitely NBP ready.

They want to replace my router
    2nd line say it has known issues with a new software update they did at my mast...

3 to 5 working days..

That is what they did with me as well, made no difference. They claimed that my old router didn't have the software to move sectors on the mast when there was heavy usage. Yet my mast currently has only one sector available for 400 premises. Kick the can down the road, the next thing you will offered is a change of mast.

I remember before I changed from Nova to Imagine, the customer care team was blaming trees for interference, funny these trees disappeared after midnight. They really do think that the consumer is stupid :-)

Just did a test in a house over the road from me that have Vodafone Ftth

Anything else is a JOKE
    See attached

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Just had the snake oil salesmen on my door. Thankful for threads like these as if you're anyway gullible you'd sign up on the spot. He told me how I was in the Amber area and would never see fibre broadband. I alerted him to the nbp, he retorted that it would be 10 years or may never happen. I assured him it would and that it's their fault it's stalled at present. He left

• Advertisement

Just did a test in a house over the road from me that have Vodafone Ftth

Anything else is a JOKE
    See attached

TBH this sort of comment angers me - for people with no other choice this is better than nothing
    Are you saying unless you have super high speed broadband there in no point in having any ?

I live in a rural area and I'm 5KM from the exchange - I was paying eircom 60 a month for 5Mbps broadband for years and I was happy to be able to get it as it allowed me to work from home a couple of days a week

I'm now with Imagine and I'm getting an average of 60 Mbps for the same price and about 15Mbps at it's worst.

For people in a similar situation to me, it's really annoying to hear all the whining and wailing of people who just complain all the time about people who have faster connections them them. If it's that important to your life then move somewhere with FTTH

Advertisement