Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkest dungeon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MAA?

I'm starting to get the hang of it, definitely need less Witch Doctors and HWM for more healers.

Lunge and Shadow Fade on a Grave Robber, Whatever moves the HWM forward and Point Blank, with Holy Lance on a Crusader is a pretty nice set-up, Witch Doctor at the back healing and cheesing 3 for 3 Blight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Sorry. Man At Arrms. Great block, Guard, solid tank.

Grave Robbers are one of my solid favourites.
    They have it all. Dodge, Damage, mobility. Great classes.

Ah sorry yes, should have copped that. Had a short run with a Jester but he went down easily, and one of my only TPKs had an abomination I found useless so I've been put off both.

Are you still playing it?

In and out, but I'm waiting for the Crimson Court before starting a new campaign to get stuck in properly.

Ah okay, is it still a matter where just kicking the crap out of everything is better than playing a longish strat

• Advertisement

Not sure what you mean there?

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Oh I'm well aware of their benefits - but that's the thing, everyone has benefits. Jesters are just too squashed into one particular role -- and that's not forgetting the fact that we're not quite out of the 'hitting stuff for direct damage or control ASAP is 90% better than using a turn for anything else' phase. Even bleed/blight falls under the thumb - difference is it can be super strong vs most if not all boss fights, or any prolonged fight in general, so that is a little more forgiving than doing no damage/CC at all for a turn, even if the buffs are great (Riposte buff comps being a 50/50 exception).

You can have as much +Spd and +Dgd as you like, you'll still eventually eat damage from something that you could have very well killed by just hitting it very hard with a big stick.

Is this still relevant basically :pac: I made a poor attempt at asking it

Oh, I have no idea what the optimal strat is. I don't game it that much, I just do what I feel like and what gets me results. I don't take it that seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Suprised noones mentioned the DLC Launching June 19th

In case you’ve missed some of the earlier announcements on what to expect, let’s
    • recap:
    • A new hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
    • A new wandering boss: The Fanatic
    • A new dungeon region: The Courtyard
    • A full faction of new deadly foes
    • 4 new, unique Courtyard Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
    • Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms, and progress saves
    • Districts: New prestige buildings that offer permanent, estate-wide bonuses
    • Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes - with set bonuses!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/262060/announcements/detail/1262543810907492439

LiqNM43.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Crew Boss killed my favourite character yesterday. I'd beaten it easily enough before but with the make up of the team I wasn't doing enough damage. I went to retreat when the character was submerged and she was instakilled.

• Advertisement

Base game down to €12

https://www.gog.com/game/darkest_dungeon

DLC lands on PC in 4 days too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any time this goes on sale, i want to buy it again.

But then i remember what it does to me :(

T-Minus 4 hours, launch trailer below

Anyone else finding the new narrator lines a little weird sounding? As if they're muffed, or the quality of the sound file isn't quite right?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The base game is 9.19 on Steam right now.

The new mechanics are pretty.... tough

The Trinket rebalancing has been met with some salt to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Need to get back to playing this (possibly from scratch though; can't even remember where I'm at in my original playthrough, but don't think I was in a super spot)

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Need to get back to playing this (possibly from scratch though; can't even remember where I'm at in my original playthrough, but don't think I was in a super spot)

If you intend on getting the DLC, it might be better to do a fresh playthrough, perhaps in Radiant (see: Sped up) mode

I have a playthough on about week 75 on PC and week 105 on PS4. Both on "Darkest" and Default

I am legit going to finish my PS4 playthrough asap before any of these balancing changes come into affect on Console :/
    Thankfully I only have 2 DD runs (Belly of the Beast & Hell is the Heart) and 3x Lvl5 Bosses left (Hag, Flesh, Pounder) and I am 100% done!

I'm a little ashamed to admit I always pussy out of Shambler fights. I've only attempted it a handful of times in 255 hours of Darkest Dungeon. I think it traumatised me early in my DD lifetime and as such I've been scared.

My first Shambler kill was today, with a party of two level 0s and two level 1s. Occultist - Houndmaster - Grave Robber - Bounty Hunter.

A trifling victory ... but a victory nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The new mechanics are pretty.... tough

The Trinket rebalancing has been met with some salt to say the least
    Pretty tough? That's an understatement of the week seeing how bloody rare blood is...

They patched the Blood drop rate over the last day or two

iPad version coming AUGUST 24TH

http://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-coming-to-ipad-on-august-24th/
    “For those of you who own Darkest Dungeon on PC, Mac, or Linux, we’ve also put in a very handy feature: using Dropbox, you can export your save file from your computer and then import it into the iPad version. That way, you don’t have to start an all new game if you don’t wish!”

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm going to be participating in an interesting community (i guess) event.
    It's called "Reddit vs Darkest Dungeon".
    Not sure if there's been similar on Boards, perhaps there has, it's a great idea though.

But essentially, you get a load of players and you share the save file between you, in turns.
    It's something thats been done before for games on Reddit apparently.
    So we all do 5 weeks/dungeons in DD and then you upload the save to the cloud, and pass it on to someone else and do a write up/cliff notes of your run for the next player/rest of the players.

The key difference is I am planning on Streaming my run on Twitch (but it'll be from PC, as opposed to PS4 where i normally stream DD).
    I'll pop an ole message/post up at the time, but it'll likely be 9pm BST Wednesday at this stage.
    Could be a fun one as basically the game is being shared by ~20 of us so it could go brilliantly or horribly wrong.

The channel for anyone interested is: www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

Full details of the process for "Succession games" and all the Journal entries for Weeks 1 -> 30 (I'm playing 30 -> 35) are in the thread here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/70ad3v/reddit_vs_darkest_dungeon_official_thread_mild/

The mods here have given this post their blessing fwiw

That's a cool idea GD, gonna steal it for boards, Darkest Dungeon might be a bit too hardcore though.

Civilisation would be a good bet for something less sweaty maybe

Pokemon was my great idea, trade after every gym, Civ would work well too. Xcom could be done also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Thought this was a fun, alternative way of playing through Darkest Dungeon: https://venturebeat.com/2017/09/24/twitch-broadcaster-turns-single-player-darkest-dungeon-into-a-co-op-game/

🤪

• Advertisement

Advertisement