Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 5th Feb 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The books with marks (lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

The Z-list brit celeb roadshow?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Is that Joe Duffy's buke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

No, not a jersey, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Thi is the cringe - Irish moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

The 1916 is going to bring out the wooodworm out I predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oh God, i'm literally cringing at the jersey presentation. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

He's playing buckethead?

I dont remember there being a guitar virtuoso in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I don't know if I can ever watch the late late show again, they bring on a guest that tells every parents worst nightmare and then straight after that it's a comedian.

Eh up, tis an Irish lad...aye.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well helllooooooo Martin Kemp!!!

He's got better with age!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That would have been cringy in 1916, never mind 2016.

also,

"we researched your Great Grandfather"

"yeah, so did Ray Darcy ..."

Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

We will get the Tribute from only himself with the cast members of the on stage production for The Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and that's all we get about Terry Wogan from RTE tonight. I'm not doubting that they was a good few words said about Terry from him but overall what a poor effort from RTE. I thought a proper tribute would have give us some justice about his reputation and a good opinion from the BBC tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I don't know if I can ever watch the late late show again, they bring on a guest that tells every parents worst nightmare and then straight after that it's a comedian.

If you're shocked, you must never have watched it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

monkey9 wrote: »
    Oh God, i'm literally cringing at the jersey presentation. :o

A Celtic jersey with Éire 32 on the back would have been less cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So Michelle, any relation to Michael Collins? Because i might just have another jersey behind this desk.......

This is a much more terrifying look for the Child Catcher...

790f41cc4dfa99f220941c3334680dcb.jpg

I thought Phill Jupitus was surprisingly good as Edna Turnblad in Hairspray.

More theatre reviews soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

This lady is talking manure.

Michelle worked in a "to cut a long story short" there. Respect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

We will get the Tribute from only himself with the cast members of the on stage production for The Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and that's all we get about Terry Wogan from RTE tonight. I'm not doubting that they was a good few words said about Terry from him but overall what a poor effort from RTE. I thought a proper tribute would have give us some justice about his reputation and a good opinion from the BBC tonight.

Did Terry Wogan even work for the RTE? He was always a poor man's Marty Whelan for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

This is what I mean! Surely at some point they all sit around a table and go through the format of the show ......... right lads so at this point ask the da to describe her final moments! That ll be brilliant!!!! ......... next up we ll have the comedian!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Hi all,

Just joined, Is this the best, i was wondering on how Ryan was gonna interview these before the misery part, i didnt realise he was gonna block interview them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

monkey9 wrote: »
    So Michelle, any relation to Michael Collins? Because i might just have another jersey behind this desk.......

So doesn't need one. She is looking fantastic as always.

M

Facetime is for fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Chocolate

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what this interview is achieving.
    I'm saying this as someone who went through the experience of losing someone close to me to cancer.

This is just exploitation!

The point of the interview is to raise awareness of the work of Aoibheann's Pink Tie. They do fantastic work to support the families of children suffering from cancer.
    They don't just buy Hickman suits, chemo ducks and paint rooms. They also give practical help to families - (e.g. help pay bills if the family is struggling, pay for repairs to the family car to enable parents travel to Crumlin) These are little (and sometimes large) gestures of help to help parents concentrate on their child.
    They provide emergency packs to children to children who have had to stay in hospital without any notice.
    It is an absolutely fantastic organisation and they have helped countless families who are going through living hell.

There's no exploitation here. Jimmy Norman is trying to raise funds for Aoibheann's Pink Tie to make life a little bit easier for those families.

Well done Jimmy.

M

Would a set of locks like that be a pain in the hole to maintain or easy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

oh fs, what is this silly "there's a man behind you" crap....... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doe he think us rosary chanters will be taken in by all this shyte. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

1916 overkill...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

The Rubber Bandits must be choking on their plastic bags wondering if somebody has rigged up their TVs.

Advertisement