Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ohlordy

Interesting flight path over Dublin today, surveying something no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

EI-LRA operating Shannon-Boston today, the first scheduled A321 neo flight from Shannon. EI134/135 will continue to be operated by an A321 neo from now on.

I note the Aer Lingus website is telling me it's ASL airlines operating for Aer Lingus despite also saying it's an A321.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Fog pretty bad in DUB?

Two Ryanairs diverting to SNN currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

BZ wrote: »
    Fog pretty bad in DUB?

Two Ryanairs diverting to SNN currently.

Pretty clear skies at the moment and I can see planes on approach from D1 so definitely not fog.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Pretty clear skies at the moment and I can see planes on approach from D1 so definitely not fog.

Nope, it is fog. LVP's in place.

17:30 METAR gives fog and 600m.

RVR's RWY28: Touchdown 700m, Midpoint 600m and Stopend 500m, as per ATC at 17:39.

• Advertisement

EI169 (EIN169) LHR-DUB diverting to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Yeah I drove from Dublin 11 to the north county and the fog along the way was thick

All 3 diverted aircraft on their way back to DUB now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Air Canada Rouge 767 done u turn off Mayo now on the way into Shannon on a medical diversion.AC1915(C- GHLK)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

AN124 enroute to SNN - due in around 1930

svYGZUR.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Any idea what time it will be leaving Shannon again.??

washman3 wrote: »
    Any idea what time it will be leaving Shannon again.??

Tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Lots of EasyJet aircraft repositioning from sxf to txl due to fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Boeing 737 MAX 9 reg TF-ICA arrived in SNN from KEF (Reykjavik) about an hour ago. Enroute flight level was 190 as currently used for MAX flights.

Storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Comhra wrote: »
    Boeing 737 MAX 9 reg TF-ICA arrived in SNN from KEF (Reykjavik) about an hour ago. Enroute flight level was 190 as currently used for MAX flights.

Storage?

Going to Spain LEDA for storage. 2 ex Norwegian Dubs in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Aer lingus regional Dub to Donegal seems to be diverting back to dublin after holding at Donegal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

eastmayo wrote: »
    Aer lingus regional Dub to Donegal seems to be diverting back to dublin after holding at Donegal.
    27kt crosswind at CFN at the minute. Only made one approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

What's up with EI782?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,552 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Kilboor wrote: »
    What's up with EI782?

It’s diverted to Shannon for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

eastmayo wrote: »

I always think that's a pretty cruel alternate airport.

• Advertisement

LXFlyer wrote: »
    It’s diverted to Shannon for some reason.

Sick passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

crisco10 wrote: »
    I always think that's a pretty cruel alternate airport.

What happpens to the passengers in this scenario? Does the airline provide a bus for them?

Poor passengers are left with a 5 hour road trip ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

salonfire wrote: »
    What happpens to the passengers in this scenario? Does the airline provide a bus for them?

Usually bussed up to Dublin.

My parents were coming in from Lanzarote a few years back and were diverted to Shannon due to wind. They had been talking to the couple next to them on the flight, who lived a 15 min drive from Shannon, but opted to visit family in Dublin first and fly from there.

When they heard they were being diverted, my mother said “well at least it suits someone!” To which the bloke replied “not us, our car is in the long term car park” ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

salonfire wrote: »

5 hours from Shannon to Dublin. How did you go via Sligo?
    I drove from DUB to Shannon and returned on the same day. The journey time by bus never exceeded 2:45 minutes each way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    5 hours from Shannon to Dublin. How did you go via Sligo?
    I drove from DUB to Shannon and returned on the same day. The journey time by bus never exceeded 2:45 minutes each way.

The poster was referring to the diversion of the Dublin-Donegal flight back to Dublin.

Not a nice journey on a bus from Dublin to Carrickfin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Cordell

There's a bus line that takes 5 hours indeed as it stops everywhere along the route.

Cordell wrote: »
    There's a bus line that takes 5 hours indeed as it stops everywhere along the route.

The passengers wouldn't have been taken on the public bus route, it'd be a private charter all the way to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

My parents were coming in from Lanzarote a few years back and were diverted to Shannon due to wind.

After a weekend of pork knuckles and beer I once nearly caused a flight from Prague to Dublin to be diverted due to wind :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BA209 LHR-MIA on the way into Shannon on a medical diversion. 747 G-CIVK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Cordell wrote: »

The bus would be a Private Hire, direct point to point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement