Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasps v Leinster match thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Buer wrote: »
    Whilst I'm not concerned about the goalkicking, hugely, I am concerned about having any outhalf. Sexton's days are numbered, I feel. He took another knock to the head tonight and he cannot take many more. I would think another one or two (which are almost inevitable) and he'll have the decision taken from his hands and have to retire from the game.

Is there a 'concussion quota'? Tbf he's a young man and you'd like to think his future health would be paramount and the appropriate medical expert would step in to protect him from himself.

The emergence of Jackson gives Schmidt a good alternative if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

wp_rathead wrote: »
    So you believe ye got hammered because ye'r players thought game today's game was below them?
    I can't bring myself to believe this

I mean, I dont think the game was below them, but if Leinster's qualification was on the line their performance surely would have been very different

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

digzy wrote: »
    Is there a 'concussion quota'? Tbf he's a young man and you'd like to think his future health would be paramount and the appropriate medical expert would step in to protect him from himself.

The emergence of Jackson gives Schmidt a good alternative if needed.
    Jackson will hopefully and deservedly get game time during the 6 nation. Sexton's continued concussion injuries are a huge problem for him personally and proffesionaly, I would be very worried for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

So you believe ye got hammered because ye'r players thought game today's game was below them?

While the score was still close leinster were in the game but once daly scored the game was up. The lack of meaning in an away game brought a lack of intensity which wasps didnt lack.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Buer wrote: »
    .....bet he doesn't though!

Yeah it's probably a bad example. But my point is the form players aren't always selected for the Ireland XV. Gilroy a great example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I didn't say that.

Rugby is a very psychological game.

Why go out and break yourself for a nothing game? Wasps needed a BP win. The mentality going into the game was vastly different both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭JPCN1

One thing I thought was good tonight was that it was a test for players like Reid and Marsh in terms of the level they need to be at it to make it as a top pro. You don't learn that from Leinster - A games, even some of the pro 12 matches can be deceptive.

Similarly, it should be clear that Fitz is a better winger than 13.

Cullen has a better idea where more of his squad are at now.

Reid has 50 plus caps and if you can't learn in that time then you're not going to. Good going forward but very poor in defence.

Marsh anytime I've seen him has been fairly useful but yesterday he was poor. He gets a pass because the senior players around him were so awful.

Big, big worry is Sexton's health. Critical for us but if you're times up then so be it, there's far more to life for a young father.

Letting Madigan go may bite us badly.

Advertisement