Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Friend got his beta and says its crashing all over the kip haha.

Eagerly awaiting his feedback. game I've followed closely. Was going to maybe get it for PS4, but looks like good interest in my group of PC games. Really hoping it is good, because the concept is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Friend got his beta and says its crashing all over the kip haha.

Eagerly awaiting his feedback. game I've followed closely. Was going to maybe get it for PS4, but looks like good interest in my group of PC games. Really hoping it is good, because the concept is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fair few bugs but expected in a full release ubi game so beta its cool.

I cant shoot/aim with KB, can aim with pad but cant shoot.

Guess my role is UN observer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fair few bugs but expected in a full release ubi game so beta its cool.

I cant shoot/aim with KB, can aim with pad but cant shoot.

Guess my role is UN observer :(

I had the same issue. Couldn't aim or shoot with mouse, but alt+tabbing or logging out and back in seems to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Maguined wrote: »
    The PC will have better graphics but I still doubt it will live up to the trailers. It is pretty much just a staple of Ubisoft now that the game will never look as good as the initial trailers. They have the capacity but they always rush to release games on time rather than giving it the extra polish they need.

If Siege on pc still nowhere near looks as good as the original trailers I just cannot see The Division living up to it.

I think it lives up graphically can happily except some what of a down grade does it bother me? nope: I play games to be entertained not to nit pick and bull **** can i see my self playing it? yes, will I be playing it on release yep.

I thought the pc version was a lot stronger then the xbone game play.

my only concern is where are they going to go with future content? I think enough people on you tube have said that, I agree and is the only concern I have surrounding the game Other then that a few beta niggles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Some observations from 30mins in, will add when i play more.

1 - Graphics are a letdown. I'm running a GTX970 and an i7-4790k, a decent IPS screen and everything set to max. My graphics card doesn't seem to be sweating in the slightest, and it just looks generally meh. The 970 is a few generations old now, and this being able to run the very latest game with ease? I smell filthy console in the air.

2 - Whats with the control scheme? "Hey, lets just map all the 'press Y' places to space instead. It feels weird, given i have a bloody mouse right here.

Some observations from 30mins in, will add when i play more.

1 - Graphics are a letdown. I'm running a GTX970 and an i7-4790k, a decent IPS screen and everything set to max. My graphics card doesn't seem to be sweating in the slightest, and it just looks generally meh. The 970 is a few generations old now, and this being able to run the very latest game with ease? I smell filthy console in the air.

2 - Whats with the control scheme? "Hey, lets just map all the 'press Y' places to space instead. It feels weird, given i have a bloody mouse right here.

3 - Crash number 1.

4 - Control issue. Press and hold shift to run, now press and hold ctrl to vault. This is awkward as ****. Feels like its been designed by someone who just picked at random two buttons close together.

5 - Just killed two guys. Needed 3 headshots each. And no loot dropped. No guns, ammo, nothing. Guns they were firing at me made of steam it seems.

6 - Civilians are bulletproof

7 - Cover based gameplay sits really badly with something meant to be open world.

Screw this, refund time.

CruelCoin wrote: »

4 - Control issue. Press and hold shift to run, now press and hold ctrl to vault. This is awkward as ****. Feels like its been designed by someone who just picked at random two buttons close together.

Is the 970 supposed to sweat when running these types of games? Also thought the 970 was recommended by the devs so that you could run the game with ease.

Also, re: controls, you press shift once to toggle between walk and run and just hold W :P I don't find it to be that much of an issue tbh.

Is the 970 supposed to sweat when running these types of games? Also thought the 970 was recommended by the devs so that you could run the game with ease.

Also, re: controls, you press shift once to toggle between walk and run and just hold W :P I don't find it to be that much of an issue tbh.

Fair enough, i hadn't read the dev notes.

Didn't know about the toggle.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So open beta this weekend, who's up for making a camp in the Dark Zone and wrecking heads? :D Feel free to add me on UPlay, the username is Davrondomar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll be giving it a try anyway. Might pop in for some PvP as well, once i get the hang of it.

Can't wait for the open beta..more dark zone :D is there much more to download compared to the closed beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Can't wait for the open beta..more dark zone :D is there much more to download compared to the closed beta?

Mine downloaded an additional 1.23gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Shiminay wrote: »
    So open beta this weekend, who's up for making a camp in the Dark Zone and wrecking heads? :D Feel free to add me on UPlay, the username is Davrondomar.

not as easy as you think, you want a squad of about 8-10 to really do anything in darkzone

not as easy as you think, you want a squad of about 8-10 to really do anything in darkzone

Oh, I don't doubt it! There should be enough of us here though ;)

As for me...

378049.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you actually have squads of 8-10 in the PC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can you actually have squads of 8-10 in the PC version?

Yeah 2 squads of four and ts3

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah 2 squads of four and ts3

Interesting, any time we tried on the console version to get more than our 4 man squad in it would kick us as soon as it detected someone in the same instance. Thought there was some kind of fail safe built in to stop you teaming up with other folks on your friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I'll be around over the weekend after I get a feel for the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a few hours there and got bored to tears.
    PVE seems a snoozefest, when do i get to pvp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

same here feels pretty bland to me and empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I find it ok but I'm torn weather or not to keep playing. If I buy the game I don't want to have completed a tonne of missions already.
    Curious if I can just tear straight towards pvp also. Might try later or tomorrow.

Also apparently the NPCs in darkzone are 10x the solo game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I played about an hour and a half earlier and enjoyed the few little missions I did, did you have to be a certain level to PvP?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hmm, not sure what to think to be honest. I like the way the controls feel, and the gun play is good (little bullet spongey, but thats all right), i just don't know if it would hold my attention for more then a few hours. Will give it another go tomorrow and see if it grows on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played 2 hours there pretty sure I wont be buying this game.

Its just bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Played 2 hours there pretty sure I wont be buying this game.

Its just bleh.

yup promised so much and just delivered mediocrity at best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am really enjoying this. Playing with my brother and friend at the moment. If you want to watch us 'danking' unsuspecting players in the Dark Zone and causing general chaos you can watch at www.twitch.tv/L1ber8or

Running it on max settings :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    Hmm, not sure what to think to be honest. I like the way the controls feel, and the gun play is good (little bullet spongey, but thats all right), i just don't know if it would hold my attention for more then a few hours. Will give it another go tomorrow and see if it grows on me.

Exactly how I feel about it, its all a bit meh.

Just tried to get a game there, servers are not responding so can't get in. Played for about 30 mins yesterday, not exactly enamoured but willing to give it more time this weekend to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

If anyones up for some co-op today add me on uplay username is the same as on here

Advertisement