Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*********Motors Chat - Round 10 *********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Probably talked about this before, but transit wheels are so bad for rusting. Painted them on an 08 double wheel bus on last summer, looked at them today and the rust is through again.

The difference euroliners make is something else, see the difference in these pics.

https://www.donedeal.ie/coaches-for-sale/ford-transits-2008-to-2012/11485827

Noticed you can pick up the set handy enough. Costly though. Theres 2 more transits with specs of rust on the wheels, (similar age) but not as bad as the one I painted above. If you've a few to do the cost soon adds up.

https://www.donedeal.ie/coaches-for-sale/ford-transit-euro-liners-twin-wheel-full-sets-pound250/12152450

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Probably talked about this before, but transit wheels are so bad for rusting. Painted them on an 08 double wheel bus on last summer, looked at them today and the rust is through again.

The difference euroliners make is something else, see the difference in these pics.

https://www.donedeal.ie/coaches-for-sale/ford-transits-2008-to-2012/11485827

Noticed you can pick up the set handy enough. Costly though. Theres 2 more transits with specs of rust on the wheels, (similar age) but not as bad as the one I painted above. If you've a few to do the cost soon adds up.

https://www.donedeal.ie/coaches-for-sale/ford-transit-euro-liners-twin-wheel-full-sets-pound250/12152450

Did you try any of the rust treatments on something similar to hamerite or like a pre coat of a treatment to prevent the rust showing again.

CIP4 wrote:
    Did you try any of the rust treatments on something similar to hamerite or like a pre coat of a treatment to prevent the rust showing again.

Aye, put some of that kurust stuff on. Didn't appear to do an awful lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Aye, put some of that kurust stuff on. Didn't appear to do an awful lot though.

You sound shocking like a poster of the past... Have you a fondness for D-Turbos and champion rooting? :D

You sound shocking like a poster of the past... Have you a fondness for D-Turbos and champion rooting?

Hah no, only account ever on this.

You on the other hand ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Hah no, only account ever on this.

You on the other hand ;)

Twisting this on me, tut tut tut... Say no more, secrets safe with me ;)

Twisting this on me, tut tut tut... Say no more, secrets safe with me

I'm lost!

In light of all the insurance hikes, bit of good news, rang for my renewal and it's down 76 euro. Nice nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

These are fantastic things :)

8235f090dfd6c955cc0aa24546c3234b.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,375 ✭✭✭ofcork

In light of all the insurance hikes, bit of good news, rang for my renewal and it's down 76 euro. Nice nice :)

There is just no making sense of insurance companies!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Kiangriffin

What ape decided that July the 2nd was a good date for the protest?

What you want is a Friday. Arrive around two and block the streets up. Makes rush hour a lot more painful and as a direct result you get more publicity. The luas works actually help aid this.
    The farmers are excellent at it when they arrive into the city centre with their tractors. Likewise the taxi men. Dublin comes to a complete halt.

Having it on a Saturday means a few people get inconvenienced when trying to do some shopping.

I'm arranging the demonstration. (Thanks for the ape reference, very nice). We deliberately chose a time that would cause less disruption, why should people trying to go to work, or get to the airport have to suffer? Also on a Saturday, more people are able to join the demonstration. The luas workers are a prime example on how not to gain public support so we won't be following their example.

Father went into hospital this evening for something minor, in collecting a few bits for him for his stay and as I leave someone reverses straight into the side of the e39 :(

It never rains but it pours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

YbFocus wrote: »
    Father went into hospital this evening for something minor, in collecting a few bits for him for his stay and as I leave someone reverses straight into the side of the e39 :(

Which colour is the respray gonna be? :pac:

It's sickening though :( Hope it works out for you and your dad.

shietpilot wrote: »
    Which colour is the respray gonna be? :pac:

It's sickening though :( Hope it works out for you and your dad.

Ah man it was so clean, it's not big damage but it's also the hassle of the guards being called and now the insurers making up their minds too!

Anyone have a ballpark timeline on how long it takes to settle this kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hope your Dad is ok dude.

In the bigger picture the damage to the '39 is irrelevant.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Hope your Dad is ok dude.

In the bigger picture the damage to the '39 is irrelevant.

Very true man :)

Ah he's fine there's no bother it's just tests and stuff.
    Grand scheme of things and all you are right!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Off to the Carlow Rally on sunday. Sitting aboard the ambulance C:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,375 ✭✭✭ofcork

New fifth gear on Itv4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Lads, for this tv , is freeview just built in or is a dish or something needed ?

Is bush any good ?

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4487605.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Bush is more trouble than it's worth.

Sickener about the E39 yb hope your dad is ok.

Knackered after cruising across the country in the work wagoon myself. 3 tonnes of peogeot boxface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Hour your old fella is ok, don't worry about the car. It's annoying but it's fixable. Sh1tty and annoying but in the scheme is things can be sorted.

Anyone have a ballpark timeline on how long it takes to settle this kind of thing?

Could be a month iirc.
    Insurance will send out forms, mark in where vehicles made contact, areas damaged. AGS will be contacted by insurers.

Augeo wrote: »
    Could be a month iirc.
    Insurance will send out forms, mark in where vehicles made contact, areas damaged. AGS will be contacted by insurers.

Thanks man, first time involved in something like this so I haven't a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Mine is still going on since Christmas because the other guy is a tool. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

26823093756_a5cce5d406_b.jpg
    13150763_1596905170623292_1339274616_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI0NDMwMDMwMzcwMjQ5MDE0NQ%3D%3D.2.l

Anyone use the halfords touch up pens what is the colour match like with them ? I might ring the main dealer and see whether they car order them. Just a few marks that need to be touched up on the front bumper I know it will be far from perfect but it will take the rough look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sending best wishes your fathers way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

CIP4 wrote: »
    Anyone use the halfords touch up pens what is the colour match like with them ? I might ring the main dealer and see whether they car order them. Just a few marks that need to be touched up on the front bumper I know it will be far from perfect but it will take the rough look of it.

I've used them twice. Got them to mix the colour for me and it was spot on! interesting process to watch actually, fascinating the colours that go into grey and other "plain" colours.

Thanks Autosport, thanks everyone in general, ye are a great bunch :)

• Advertisement

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I've used them twice. Got them to mix the colour for me and it was spot on! interesting process to watch actually, fascinating the colours that go into grey and other "plain" colours.

The touch up pens are just bought of the shelf I don't think they mix them up. 16 quid sure if the Renault one is around that I'll go with that as it will surly be the best match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement