Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Actually have no Arsenal players for the first time this season.....hopefully this coincides with their annual meltdown period

That's usually late Feb/early march.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There's two ways the early kick off can go wrong, if Alli has a double digiter you'll be well pissed off by Saturday lunch rather than the usual Sunday teatime:P
    I have a clash with busts in today's harps cup round. I've not a bad team but with next weeks champs league looming and a 9 point deficit I'm gonna leave my team alone today to have the two transfers available, so in effect I'm giving busts the same respect as Klopp gave Exeter;) (good luck buddy, we've a fair few in common at the moment, it could come down to my Walcott against your Ozil)

im hoping my bench boost team will get me over the line ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Augero captain cmon!

Aguero, Payet and Huth IN
    KDB, Ighalo and Bertrand OUT

Hoping De Bruyne doesn't bite me in the ass after getting rid. The Aguerou resurgence starts here, though.

im hoping my bench boost team will get me over the line ;)

only joking I wouldnt do that to you.:D
    elliot
    daniels morgan williams
    mahrez alli kdb payet
    lukaku aguero kane
    leaving ozil on the bench and selling him for sanchez if sanchez plays tomorrow.
    Best of luck there is no justice in the world if my man walcott ends up coming back to haunt me and wins the tie for you:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Ozil(stk) + AOA

or

Smith(NOR) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

To bench Ozil or Lukaku or play AOA?

Defense is Bellerin Wollscheid Simpson (C. Dawson, Souaré on the bench).
    I don't rate my defense very high this week but am not convinced it's the best GW for my front 8...

Also to play Hennessey (City away) or Myhill (Saints away). On paper Myhill but he produces so little at the moment. Not even good for save pts. Hence my feeling Hennessey could be better since I expect him to be very busy (he could concede 4 though...).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

only joking I wouldnt do that to you.:D
    elliot
    daniels morgan williams
    mahrez alli kdb payet
    lukaku aguero kane
    leaving ozil on the bench and selling him for sanchez if sanchez plays tomorrow.
    Best of luck there is no justice in the world if my man walcott ends up coming back to haunt me and wins the tie for you:eek:

I've always said that Walcott is the best player in FPL, not showing it lately but anytime he starts you'd fancy him to score.
    Interesting to see so many shipping Ozil, I must have been right all along:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Lloris
    Dier, Cresswell, Smith
    Payet, Wilian, KDB, Alli
    Kun(C), Lukaku, Ighalo

Hopefully double Spurs defense pays off.

Rikand wrote: »
    Ozil(stk) + AOA

or

Smith(NOR) ?

Well no-one has jumped in to talk me out of this, so taking it as a sign that its the obvious correct play

Gomes
    Alder Simpson
    Mahrez Alli Ozil KDB Payet
    Aguero(C) Lukaku Ighalo

Hennessy Smith Bellerin Nyom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rikand wrote: »
    Ozil(stk) + AOA

or

Smith(NOR) ?

smith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Kdb out. Payet in and captained (don't trust Kane or Aguero). Ozil benched. Holding off on wildcard. No faith in my defence this week.

De Gea
    Bellerin Smith Toby
    Payet (c) Mahrez Alli Arnie
    Lukaku Kane Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Think there might be surprises in the City lineup today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:

KDB benched hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 33,004 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »

As long as they play Aguero...

Are people ditching Ozil because of his last 2 gw's or the upcoming fixtures?

I've always said that Walcott is the best player in FPL, not showing it lately but anytime he starts you'd fancy him to score.
    Interesting to see so many shipping Ozil, I must have been right all along:pac:

Im not mad on Ozil myself but with sanchez out it worked short term. He is up at 10 million now doesn't score enough goals for that price. With a bit of luck sanchez starts instead of theo.

possible 442 with the kid and aguero up top
    wonder will yaya miss out.......have lukaku first sub anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    KDB benched hopefully

Pellegrini said he'd rotate so full backs definitely be changing. Yaya could get a rest too. Pel was talking up Ichenacho a bit in the week too and he could play for Navas or KDB.

Pellegrini: "We'll see if Iheanacho will start. Every time, he’s taken his chance. It will be important in the future." #MCFC

spock. wrote: »
    KDB benched hopefully

I think the fact kdb was the only player subbed off would indicate he will start. I'd expect both full backs to change, silva to come in for navas or sterling and a change in cm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,004 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think the fact kdb was the only player subbed off would indicate he will start. I'd expect both full backs to change, silva to come in for navas or sterling and a change in cm.

You're probably correct here, but I hope not. No better way to feel vindicated for shipping out a player that people thought you should have kept than him being rested for a 1 point cameo.

Pellegrini said he'd rotate so full backs definitely be changing. Yaya could get a rest too. Pel was talking up Ichenacho a bit in the week too and he could play for Navas or KDB.

Pellegrini: "We'll see if Iheanacho will start. Every time, he’s taken his chance. It will be important in the future." #MCFC

don't think yaya played at all in fa cup game so he had his rest ?
    don't mind if he does not start anyway as long as he doesn't come on for a shirt cameo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    To bench Ozil or Lukaku or play AOA?

Defense is Bellerin Wollscheid Simpson (C. Dawson, Souaré on the bench).
    I don't rate my defense very high this week but am not convinced it's the best GW for my front 8...

Also to play Hennessey (City away) or Myhill (Saints away). On paper Myhill but he produces so little at the moment. Not even good for save pts. Hence my feeling Hennessey could be better since I expect him to be very busy (he could concede 4 though...).

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Going without Aguero again this week. Just couldn't bring in a guy who has only scored in 4 games all season, but if he's gonna score it will likely be today!! Couldnt swap out any my current 3, the fear of them scoring and being bitten on the ass was too great. Team for the week:

Lloris
    Toby, Bertrand, Sagna
    Payet, Ozil, Aranoutivic, Mahrez
    Kane(C), Lukaku, Ighalo

Cancelled my AOA. Smith in for Ozil

iroced wrote: »
    Any opinions?

id bench ozil and play hennessey. If hennessey gets the pts he should get 0 its all good as aguero capt will have gone wild. You were up 3 pts midweek from your strong front 8 just thought id throw that out there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Myhill
    Wolly Alder Moreno
    Payet Ozil KDB Mahrez
    Aguero Lukaku Kane

Hennessey, Bellerin, Nyom, Wanyama

Captaincy on Aguero. The only other decision was who to bench between Wolly, Moreno, and Bellerin. But Arsenal's history at Stoke and the fact that they've conceded 7 in their last two away games made the decision for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CSF wrote: »
    As long as they play Aguero...

Unless Iheanacho plays, he kind of has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Playing Zouma and Benching Lukaku can only end up one way right???:(

Had to play Ighalo to keep the interest alive till Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose: Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane #COYS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement