Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Matchday Thread

Options
  • 16-01-2016 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭

Schmeichel
    Bellerin Dier Moreno
    KDB Mahrez Payet (v) Alli
    Aguero (c) Kane Ighalo

Butland - Ozil Dawson Souaré

The joys of the strong front 8 and this crazy season means I'm benching Ozil instead of a 5.5m player. Kun captain let's do this. Good luck to all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Schmeichel
    Bellerin Dier Moreno
    KDB Mahrez Payet (v) Alli
    Aguero (c) Kane Ighalo

Butland - Ozil Dawson Souaré

The joys of the strong front 8 and this crazy season means I'm benching Ozil instead of a 5.5m player. Kun captain let's do this. Good luck to all.

Just gonna copy my response from the transfer thread regarding my thoughts on benching Ozil. :)
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    So glad I have a cheap 5th mid again don't have to worry about benching Ozil. Although I definitely wouldn't bench him. I'd have to bench the allis or arnies of the world before considering him.

Think of it like, how pissed would you be if Ozil got a big score and you had him on the bench, given his ownership. Much worse than missing an Arnie or Alli haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

And just think how much you'll go up the rankings, if he gets 2 points, and Ali gets 10+ points.

Mahrez should probably be on the bench based on current form, but most people are too scared to bench him.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    And just think how much you'll go up the rankings, if he gets 2 points, and Ali gets 10+ points.

Mahrez should probably be on the bench based on current form, but most people are too scared to bench him.

And how far you'll drop if the opposite happens. It'll be much worse to take the drop than the satisfaction of the rise. Plus I don't think Alli is nearly as likely to get a double figure haul. You'd say Ozil is captainable given the right fixture but I don't think anyone would captain Alli?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

And how far you'll drop if the opposite happens. It'll be much worse to take the drop than the satisfaction of the rise. Plus I don't think Alli is nearly as likely to get a double figure haul. You'd say Ozil is captainable given the right fixture but I don't think anyone would captain Alli?

I'd probably be benching Mahrez but for the opposition. Villa have finally got a win but could easily capitulate against anyone in which case Mahrez (esp with pens) could fill his boots.

And re the risk/reward and sword v shield thisg as always it depends on how you currently rank. At over 700k i need a few calculated risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well according to the captain poll, 3 people are captaining Alli whereas nobody is captaining Ozil. Speaks volumes I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Well according to the captain poll, 3 people are captaining Alli whereas nobody is captaining Ozil. Speaks volumes I think.

Alli is 6th in the FFS poll behind Aguero, Kane, Payet, Mahrez and KdB with 3% of the vote.

He has 198 votes vs Ozil's 96 in 9th place. Arnie has 46 votes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Myhill
    Alderweireld Smith Bellerin
    KDB Mahrez Alli Payet
    Kane Kun(c) Lukaku

McCarthy Ozil Zouma Ward

Pretty comfortable about benching Ozil, my other four midfielders have considerably easier fixtures. Just got Kun in for Ighalo, don't let me down!

I don't. Alli just isn't a captaincy option as far as I'm concerned. Not a person I'd ever captain whereas most of us captained Ozil a few weeks back. Even if you are 1-2m in the world there's plenty of time to get into the top 100k at the very very least by making the sensible/obvious captain picks rather than outlandish captaincy pick like Alli or Arnautovic. It might work the odd week but if you keep going with the safe picks it'll work in your favour over time every time.

If you take risks like benching Ozil over Alli or captaining Arnie over Aguero it might work this week, but then you'll be more inclined to make similar moves over the next few weeks and will just result you in being worse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Elliott
    Alder Bellerin
    Alli Payet KDB Ozil Mahrez
    Lukaku Ighalo Aguero(C)

All out attack

Subs: Hennessy, Smith, Rangel, Wolly

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Cech
    Sagna Alderweireld Targett
    KdB Ozil Mahrez Payet Will.i.an
    Aguero (c) Kane

McCarthy Ighalo Smith Zouma

What's the worst that could happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Saturday lectures back after the Xmas break :(

Booo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lloris
    Bellerin, Kolorov, Moreno/Francis/Dawson
    KDB, Ozil, Payet, Mahrez
    Aguero (c), Kane, Ighalo

Subs: McCarthy, 2 defenders, Westwood

Anyone care to help with my choice of defenders? I have a 34 point average over the last 2 weeks to try and maintain :)

(My FT will be DeGea to Lloris)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Play Lukaku or Alli???

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Myhill

Bellerin | Toby | Moreno

KDB | Ozil | Payet | Mahrez

Aguero (c) | Kane | Ighalo

subs: DDG | Ali | Zouma | Bennett

still thinking on who to bench from Ali and Ighalo... Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Decided to bench Ali and play Lukaku after all. Three Spurs in an early ko could go wrong very quickly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Elliot
    Evans Bellerin Fuchs
    KDB Mahrez Ozil Rambo
    Kane(c) Lukaku Ighalo

Newcastle-West Ham looks a key match for me with Elliot against so many Payets

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

currently have lukaku benched...........nervous about that
    still can't decode which 2 defenders to play along with alder
    All 3 have home games
    Zouma vs palace
    Smith Vs Norwich
    Williams vs watford

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Life is peaceful. Life is quiet. Life is simple. Now.

No more shall a strong front eight haunt my dreams. Friday's filled with the screams from the substitute bench.

"Choose me, for I am not the weakest of the eight this week. Choose him instead"

Restless nights become dreary afternoons. 1145 deadlines replaces by 1400 chimes. The agony lingering. Moments of joy failing.

And then silence. Anticipation. Turning to the man left on the bench as he puts on his tracksuit, looking for a sign of acceptance. None.

It's dark and miserable. In my heart and in my mind. I check the scores of my seven. It begins.

Two.

Two.

Three.

Five. Momentary relief.

Two.

Two.

Heartbreak.

Two.

I sit there. The noise becoming quite loud from the bench. My eyes seduced by a blue and white star hanging above the man whom I had turned away from.

His unused tracksuit replaced by a tuxedo. Lucodaze Sport replaced by a glass of champagne.

As he talks to the ladies sat beside him in awe of his sixteen points, he notices me and we exchange glances. He smiles, raises a glass and fireworks go off in the background.

But no more. Hateful Eight become Magnificent Seven. The man on the bench happy in his position. Encouragement flows.

My seven. Same. Familiar. Reliable.

My faith is in you all.

God speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

dahat wrote: »
    Decided to bench Ali and play Lukaku after all. Three Spurs in an early ko could go wrong very quickly for me.

There's two ways the early kick off can go wrong, if Alli has a double digiter you'll be well pissed off by Saturday lunch rather than the usual Sunday teatime:P
    I have a clash with busts in today's harps cup round. I've not a bad team but with next weeks champs league looming and a 9 point deficit I'm gonna leave my team alone today to have the two transfers available, so in effect I'm giving busts the same respect as Klopp gave Exeter;) (good luck buddy, we've a fair few in common at the moment, it could come down to my Walcott against your Ozil)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Well said FutureGuy, another artist in our midst, if anybody ever writes a novel/play/comedy show about FPL I reckon it'll be from this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Elliot
    Ivanovic Williams Daniels
    Yaya Payet Alli Siggy
    Aguero Kane(c) Costa
    (Hennessey - Wanyama Ake Dawson)

Well said FutureGuy, another artist in our midst, if anybody ever writes a novel/play/comedy show about FPL I reckon it'll be from this forum.

A musical, I'd reckon.

Chorus:

"He blanked again
    With 50 shots
    Aguero, Aguero!
    Missed peno, captained: Naught"

Lining out as:

Courtois
    Cresswell Merte Rangel
    Ozil Payet KDB Mahrez
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 9,629 ✭✭✭Cartman78

AOA deployed out of desperation....dropping like a stone in recent weeks :-(

Butland
    Fonte Alderweireld
    Alli Ozil Mahrez Arnie KDB
    Ighalo Aguero (C) Lukaku

Was tempted to trade Ozil but banked the transfer instead.

Other decision is captaincy...initially went with KDB but surely it's time for another Aguero five goal haul.

Myhill
    Smalling Monreal Nyom
    Ozil Payet(c) Mahrez KDB
    Lukaku Vardy Ighalo

Hennessey Arnie Wolly Dann

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ozil, Barkley, Lukaku out and Walcott out

Payet, Ramsey, Rooney and Albrighton in for a minus 12.

**** it . Need to shake **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Alli Ighalo Ozil.
    Three into two won't go.

Aguero c
    Kane c

Loop until 1 <> 1

Head done in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Butland
    Adler, Kolarov, Smith
    Ozil, Payet, Mahrez, Alli, KDB
    Ighalo, Kun(c)

For the first week in a longtime I have options on the bench in defense, Ake & Cresswell benched now along with Lukaku, so thinking about playing Bench Boost this week. Have a feeling whatever team I go with I'll end up leaving points on it!

Cartman78 wrote: »
    AOA deployed out of desperation....dropping like a stone in recent weeks :-(

Butland
    Fonte Alderweireld
    Alli Ozil Mahrez Arnie KDB
    Ighalo Aguero (C) Lukaku

Was tempted to trade Ozil but banked the transfer instead.

Other decision is captaincy...initially went with KDB but surely it's time for another Aguero five goal haul.

Fekkit....have done Ozil to Payet just now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Fekkit....have done Ozil to Payet just now

I did the same last night. Wanted Payet and Arsenal have tough fixtures. Saw it suggested here and thought **** it.

My team:

De Gea
    Bellerin Simpson Alder
    Alli KDB Payet Mahrez
    Aguero Kane Lukaku
    3.9 mil or something crazy still banked.
    Hennessy, Nyom, Wanyama.

Can't remember my other sub defender and not arsed checking.

• Advertisement

Actually have no Arsenal players for the first time this season.....hopefully this coincides with their annual meltdown period

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement