Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose: Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane #COYS

Happy to see Dembele there as a Kane captainer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Walker not in squad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Walker benched

i went without him in my wildcard as I felt that could happen this gw. swiper has him aswell:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Graham starts for Sunderland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

i went without him in my wildcard as I felt that could happen this gw. swiper has him aswell:P

Now, c'moooooooooon Sunderland, oh wait.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Sunderland: Pickford, Jones, van Aanholt, O’Shea (c), Brown, Johnson, Lens, Cattermole, M’Vila, Defoe, Graham.

Another good game from PVA and there's a spot for him in my dream team

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bench boost looks a dud already with Walker out of the squad. Doubt it's mere rotation if he's not even in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Heavily considered Bellerin/Moreno out for Walker.

Glad I did DDG to Lloris instead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm surprised at myself to have 3 Tottenham players at this time, a clean sheet and Kane hat trick would really spur me on for the rest of this gw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

id bench ozil and play hennessey. If hennessey gets the pts he should get 0 its all good as aguero capt will have gone wild. You were up 3 pts midweek from your strong front 8 just thought id throw that out there;)

Lukaku stayed on the bench in the end...
    And Myhill on the pitch. Previous seasons games clouded my own judgement. You made a good point about Hennessey/Aguero. If one doesn't perform, the other probably will but Palace previous seasons results at the Etihad read 1-0, 3-0 and 5-1 last year.
    Saints blow hot and cold so if Pulis can live up to his reputation Myhill may finally bring back some points.

--

3 up compared to what in midweek? Again you're only looking at the best suiting situation :p. You consider Willian 5pts better than Lukaku 2 on my bench and better than Lukaku hypothetical 2 on the field with my cheap 5th mid benched.

But in reality, it's a lot more complicated to assess how worth the strong front 8 tactics is. You have to go back to the very GW you started it and try to honestly figure out what your choices would have been with a front 7 + bench fodder.

I'll work on it for my own example this afternoon when the site will have updated ;).

Anyway to come back to this GW, I think I'm gonna avoid following it as I'm terrified by my decisions...

• Advertisement

Now, c'moooooooooon Sunderland, oh wait.......

ah no cmon spurs primarily kane:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

#RotatingFullbackBingo

Davies benched as expected and normality resumes as he'll play the FA cup replay and Rose will be back to Premier League starts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

AOA

De Gea
    Davies - Rangel
    Mahrez - Alli - Arnie - Payet - Silva
    Lukaku - Kane - Aguero (c)

Elliot: Dawson - Moreno - Souare

Dawson in for Davies now if he doesn't get minutes. Moreno then if Rangel doesn't play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Team:

Myhill
    Vertonghen Simpson Berty
    KDB Ozil Payet Willian
    Aguero (c) Kane Ighalo

Subs: DDG Junior Bellerin

If this GW doesn't work out I think I'm going to scrap it for the season! I'm falling like an elephant through my Mini Leagues!

Kane(c) and Alli for me here.
    Kane hat trick and a Toby OG please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Anyone know what site the effective ownership percentages are? Not sure if I should be cheering Kane on or not since I have him but not captained!

Gomes
    McAuley Alderweireld Bertrand
    Payet Mahrez Özil Arnautovic
    Kane Ighalo Aguero (C)

Main rival has Kane captained and I sold him. Nervy 90 mins coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Elliot
    Williams Bellerin Dier
    Mahrez De Bruyne Payet Ozil
    Aguero (C) Lukaku Kane

Subs: Rudd, Stanislas, Evans, Wollschied

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone know what site the effective ownership percentages are? Not sure if I should be cheering Kane on or not since I have him but not captained!

Gomes
    McAuley Alderweireld Bertrand
    Payet Mahrez Özil Arnautovic
    Kane Ighalo Aguero (C)

FPL Discovery. Kane won't be anywhere near 100% since the top 10k don't own him highly, it would just be your mini leagues where Kane(c) could do damage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

FPL Discovery. Kane won't be anywhere near 100% since the top 10k don't own him highly, it would just be your mini leagues where Kane(c) could do damage

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Courtois
    Alderweireld - Fuchs - Ward
    Payet - KDB - Ozil - Mahrez
    Aguero - Kane - Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

feeling nervous as a non Kane owner. up against Brown and PVA in defense there has to be goals for Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Benched Lukaku so I'd have a player playing tomorrow ")

iroced wrote: »
    Lukaku stayed on the bench in the end...
    And Myhill on the pitch. Previous seasons games clouded my own judgement. You made a good point about Hennessey/Aguero. If one doesn't perform, the other probably will but Palace previous seasons results at the Etihad read 1-0, 3-0 and 5-1 last year.
    Saints blow hot and cold so if Pulis can live up to his reputation Myhill may finally bring back some points.

--

3 up compared to what in midweek? Again you're only looking at the best suiting situation :p. You consider Willian 5pts better than Lukaku 2 on my bench and better than Lukaku hypothetical 2 on the field with my cheap 5th mid benched.

But in reality, it's a lot more complicated to assess how worth the strong front 8 tactics is. You have to go back to the very GW you started it and try to honestly figure out what your choices would have been with a front 7 + bench fodder.

I'll work on it for my own example this afternoon when the site will have updated ;).

Anyway to come back to this GW, I think I'm gonna avoid following it as I'm terrified by my decisions...

That's exactly the scenario I assumed and I agree it's an extremely complicated thing to really work out. However when people complain about pts left on the bench it's not as simple as looking at did my bench player score higher than a player I played. If going with a bench player you wouldn't have 1 of the 8 players you have. I don't know why but I've become a defender of the strong front 8 when all things being equal I prefer the other approach. What lemlin did today sold Ozil for payet rather than go strong front 8 is the way to go but people that have a strong front 8 have been afraid to make a decision like that so can't complain when things go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Was full sure I clicked confirm on my bench boost, looks like I didn't! Really hope it doesn't end up with a nice haul on it now. On the plus side nobody in my league has brought in Kun yet so will be a good day if he comes through!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Mannone dropped to the bench, some young guy in goal for his first start.
    All signs lead to Kane:o

Kane looking very sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Great chance for Alli, should have been a goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ali missed a great chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,163 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Ali missed a great chance

would have been Kane assist
    it's coming

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement