Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Only Learn To Lift Workshop - 3.0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hey COH, I've sent you a PM, text, whatsapp, Facebook & Twitter DMs, left a comment on your Instagram and rang your mam's gaff. Thanks!

I got in touch with him for you too. He said once you show up late, and leave early, it's all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

homeOwner wrote: »
    I think I am on the list for Sunday. I will be abit late as have to wait for my husband to get back from rugby with our son before I can leave. Will have to leave a bit early also. I hope that is ok. I really appreciate that you are doing this in your free time.

I really can't stress how important it is to be there from the beginning.

The lifting component will build on the theory and warm up we will be starting out with (both are a prerequisite to getting under the bar).

There's also some paperwork (pre-activity checklist for insurance purposes) that we have to get out of the way before we settle into the days learning.

Deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

COH wrote: »
    I really can't stress how important it is to be there from the beginning.

The lifting component will build on the theory and warm up we will be starting out with (both are a prerequisite to getting under the bar).

There's also some paperwork (pre-activity checklist for insurance purposes) that we have to get out of the way before we settle into the days learning.

Ok so, I don't want to miss the important stuff. You can offer my spot to next person on the waiting list. Since your post I have looked into Raw Gym and am considering switching to it from WestWood anyway. Will pop into it over the next few weeks. Thanks again, its a great idea and you are very good for giving up your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Just wanted to thank COH and Alysia Elysia for putting on a masterclass clinic today... my daughter was very nervous heading in but she really enjoyed it and learned so much. She's been at me to join our local gym for a while now and some of her pals already have, but I was really keen that she have some kinda proper introduction to training before she did... so I'm delighted with today and she's extra-delighted!

Thanks again, folks and hope everybody who's going tomorrow has a blast!

EDIT: Spelled Elysia's name wrong! :eek:

There is 1 spot available for tomorrow's workshop....

Whoever wants it PM me to confirm your place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Penny Pitstop

Thank you COH and Elysia for today. Learned so much and can't wait to put it into practice soon. The day went beyond all expectations I had. The warm-up and breathing techniques were fab. It was lovely to meet everybody too.

If you're going tomorrow - enjoy it - you'll have a great time.

Thank you COH and Elysia for today. Learned so much and can't wait to put it into practice soon. The day went beyond all expectations I had. The warm-up and breathing techniques were fab. It was lovely to meet everybody too.

Have to second this, can't believe how much I learnt!
    Ciaran & Elysia explained everything so well & simply, it was easy to understand.
    Thanks so much to both of you for giving us so much of your time, and for free too!
    Can't wait to get into the gym at work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DB01

Fantastic workshop today. Thanks so much for spending so much time explaining everything. I can't believe how fast the time went, it was good fun!

12715227_966435713441906_5765563089742047544_n.jpg?oh=548111056ccc9e43ca26144ddeedd8c3&oe=5771459E

EverStrength Training 'Ladies Learn To Lift' workshop weekend done and dusted...

Well done to everyone who attended - it was a real pleasure coaching such enthusiastic people and hope you all go on from here to dominate barbells and squat racks all around the country

[[~~~]]•

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Runner2012

Guys thank you SO much for a brilliant day. You both made everything so clear and easy to understand.

A lot of the barbell mystique has been cleared up and I am dying to get into the gym to put it all into practise.

This workshop should be compulsory before anyone sets foot inside a gym!
    Thanks again!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Brilliant morning! Learned so much, picked up loads of tips, absolutely no BS and just what I needed to get back into training after a few months away from lifting properly. Also great craic training with others, t'was great to meet ye :)

Thank you so much Kieran and Elysia for giving up your weekend - really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Thanks so much to both of you for giving up your free time this weekend - the workshop was brilliant! It was great fun, but more importantly, I learned so much from it.

Feeling alot more confident about my technique, and ready to try the scary end of the gym now!

Walking like John Wayne today after the squats, but definitely worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bronatron

Thanks so much for the class yesterday, I can't believe how much I learned and it was a really great environment for trying something completely new to me - I left feeling SO motivated, cheers Kieran and Elysia!

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Echoing what everyone else has said, thank you both so much for a seriously fantastic workshop!

It was so inspiring and motivating, you're both so passionate and knowledgable and it really comes across :)

Lovely to meet everyone as well, can't wait to get training properly!

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Just wanted to thank COH and Alysia Elysia for putting on a masterclass clinic today... my daughter was very nervous heading in but she really enjoyed it and learned so much. She's been at me to join our local gym for a while now and some of her pals already have, but I was really keen that she have some kinda proper introduction to training before she did... so I'm delighted with today and she's extra-delighted!

Thanks again, folks and hope everybody who's going tomorrow has a blast!

bubblypop wrote: »
    Have to second this, can't believe how much I learnt!
    Ciaran & Elysia explained everything so well & simply, it was easy to understand.
    Thanks so much to both of you for giving us so much of your time, and for free too!
    Can't wait to get into the gym at work now.
    DB01 wrote: »
    Fantastic workshop today. Thanks so much for spending so much time explaining everything. I can't believe how fast the time went, it was good fun!
    Runner2012 wrote: »
    Guys thank you SO much for a brilliant day. You both made everything so clear and easy to understand.

A lot of the barbell mystique has been cleared up and I am dying to get into the gym to put it all into practise.

This workshop should be compulsory before anyone sets foot inside a gym!
    Thanks again!
    jenizzle wrote: »
    Brilliant morning! Learned so much, picked up loads of tips, absolutely no BS and just what I needed to get back into training after a few months away from lifting properly. Also great craic training with others, t'was great to meet ye :)

Thank you so much Kieran and Elysia for giving up your weekend - really appreciate it!
    whitewave wrote: »
    Thanks so much to both of you for giving up your free time this weekend - the workshop was brilliant! It was great fun, but more importantly, I learned so much from it.

Feeling alot more confident about my technique, and ready to try the scary end of the gym now!

Walking like John Wayne today after the squats, but definitely worth it :D
    Bronatron wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the class yesterday, I can't believe how much I learned and it was a really great environment for trying something completely new to me - I left feeling SO motivated, cheers Kieran and Elysia!
    NicsM wrote: »
    Echoing what everyone else has said, thank you both so much for a seriously fantastic workshop!

It was so inspiring and motivating, you're both so passionate and knowledgable and it really comes across :)

Lovely to meet everyone as well, can't wait to get training properly!

Thank you everyone for the kind words - emails went out today with the warm ups and sample programme if anyone didn't get it please PM me your email address incase I got something wrong.

Really successful weekend - both myself and Elysia had a blast and will certainly gauge interest in a second series very soon :)