Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Only Learn To Lift Workshop - 3.0

Options

Comments

Hi, I'm not fit at all, but trying to change that this year. Do I need a certain level of fitness for this?

I'd love to be confident enough to lift weights in the gym.
    If you have any room left, I can do either day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

bubblypop wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not fit at all, but trying to change that this year. Do I need a certain level of fitness for this?

I'd love to be confident enough to lift weights in the gym.
    If you have any room left, I can do either day.

Well congratulations on your decision to make a positive change this year! No, there is no prerequisite with regards fitness levels just turn up and be ready to have some fun, learn some stuff, meet some like minded ladies

You're on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Hi, I'd like to go. Either day suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

COH wrote: »

Cool - she's in.

Don’t I know you from the old teamtestforum??

sound man :)
    yes its me - same guy. yousze lads gave me a great boost in fitness (and general life) i'm still lifting and v. grateful for that forum.

she says thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I'd be really interested in this if there are still places available? Either day would be fine aswell. Sounds great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bell81

Sounds great! Free either day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Daisies wrote: »
    I'd love to do this but I do have a bit of experience in lifting. Don't want to take a place if someone else is desperate for it!

I'm the same - have experience in it but I'd love to go along and meet others and pick up some tips but those who are new should get preference.

I definitely encourage those who have never lifted to go along though - ye'll really enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

If there's a space left on the 13th, I'd like to take one.
    Did Hanleys workshop and completed NROLFW, lifting (not regularly) till this day.

Thanks!

Ok here's the provisional list for each day

Sat 13th:

Penny PitStop
    Baby and Crumble 1
    Baby and Crumble 2
    Brian?'s Wife
    CiaraM81
    Kmackers
    king of kings's queen
    Bronaghtron
    bubbly pop
    katgurl

Sun 14th:

Dolbert
    NicsM
    Whip It's little one
    keaves
    Racoon Queen
    home owner
    tea and cake
    The NYC Girl
    runner2012
    whitewave

Anyone not on the list is on the waiting list and gets preference for the next one when I can arrange dates for it :) Apologies I can't squeeze more in - the area we are going to be lifting has only three racks and really want everyone to get a good amount of time in under the bar

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Thanks so much for organising and running this COH, really really looking forward to it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Deadly, can't wait! Let us know what time and where and all that jazz, or have I missed those details?

Excited now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Posting on behalf of my wife to be stuck on a waiting list for the next one - brand new to lifting but running marathons just isn't doing it for her anymore :)

Anyway I think she likes the idea of doing this in a "safe" ladies environment with others who are new. Will follow this to see how this one goes. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DB01

Hi can you put me on the waiting list for the next one please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

Can you post the time and location of the Sunday class? Really looking forward to it!

Just waiting for confirmation on what time the gym space is available from the guys at RAW...

Just need to make sure it doesn't coincide with their classes etc. Will know soon! Will definitely be taking place here ...

http://www.rawcondition.com/location_sandyford.html

Any update on times for this? I know it's still a little over a week away but be good to know what the craic is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Looks like I won't be able to make it after all :( Hopefully someone on the list can take my place

• Registered Users Posts: 39 adohar

Hi. Can you put me in the list for your next one please.

Hey Everyone - We are going to kick off at 11am Saturday & Sunday.... wear clothes you can train in, bring a bottle of water and perhaps a pen & paper for the nutritional talk at the end

Not sure exactly what time it'll run until but 2-3hrs is probably a safe bet

I'll post up a revised list of attendees this evening:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If there is anyone looking for space on Sunday, you can give them my slot. I'm not 100% sure I can make it now :( so wouldn't like to not turn and take a spot from someone else in the event I'm not able to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

COH wrote: »
    Hey Everyone - We are going to kick off at 11am Saturday & Sunday.... wear clothes you can train in, bring a bottle of water and perhaps a pen & paper for the nutritional talk at the end

Not sure exactly what time it'll run until but 2-3hrs is probably a safe bet

I'll post up a revised list of attendees this evening:)

COH, if it's at all possible - could I switch my daughter to the Saturday instead of the Sunday? I can't make it on the Sunday morning. If not, that's no problem and someone else can have my Sunday slot, but it would be great if ya could switch her... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Could I put on the waiting list for the next one please

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    COH, if it's at all possible - could I switch my daughter to the Saturday instead of the Sunday? I can't make it on the Sunday morning. If not, that's no problem and someone else can have my Sunday slot, but it would be great if ya could switch her... thanks

..... pleeeeeassssseeeeeeeeeee? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    ..... pleeeeeassssseeeeeeeeeee? :)

Holy **** give the man a chance to reply. He's running it in his spare time for free and is getting loads of people moving on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dot09

Hi, Is there any spaces free? Would like to come along. Thanks!

Hanley wrote: »
    Holy **** give the man a chance to reply. He's running it in his spare time for free and is getting loads of people moving on him.

Quiet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bell81

Hi Kieran, I replied to your message. I would like to attend. Very kind of you. Thanks.

hey COH, just an FYI I've PM'ed you.

Wow, that was a lot of acronyms in one sentence! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Hey COH, I've sent you a PM, text, whatsapp, Facebook & Twitter DMs, left a comment on your Instagram and rang your mam's gaff. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I think I am on the list for Sunday. I will be abit late as have to wait for my husband to get back from rugby with our son before I can leave. Will have to leave a bit early also. I hope that is ok. I really appreciate that you are doing this in your free time.

Advertisement