Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah ok for some reason I thought the "time gate" didn't work on Iron Tomb. Was just eating coins like candy.

Ah Gim's in fairness 2 weeks ago when I started I went throught 18 3oC before an exotic dropped. Here is how I do it when I'm farming the tomb.

Run throught mission (With 3oC activated at start)
    At the end I grab the axe and mill the first fella (If an exotic falls I kill no 2 and then rocket myself so i spawn in on the bosses again.)
    I keep going until an exotic drops then when it does I normally do 2 lots of boss kills before I activate a 3oC again and just keep that process up. It can get tedious but I was all out of exotic shards so I needed it haha

In the 2 weeks I got about 45-50 exotics out of 300ish 3oC which wasnt bad :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hoping to get some IB done tonight and maybe a trials run or two in. The drops from IB are great I should have most my stuff up to 400 over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I have to say, this has probably been the most chill Iron Banner ever.

Very little lag.
    Good mix of winning and losing games.
    Great rewards, that actually increased my light level - this was always something I had a problem with in previous I.B's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Did you play the last one chimp? That's the one when it seemed the drop rate started to go through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

IB has definitely improved with RoI. No ACTUAL need to get 3 chars to 5, or even bring them through, except for the 4 bounties. But even then, running on your main and transfering over dupes and what not, and your golden.

The drops may have gone through the roof with the last one Gim, but it was Supremacy so............. personally, didn't play enough to notice.

• Advertisement

IB has definitely improved with RoI. No ACTUAL need to get 3 chars to 5, or even bring them through, except for the 4 bounties. But even then, running on your main and transfering over dupes and what not, and your golden.

The drops may have gone through the roof with the last one Gim, but it was Supremacy so............. personally, didn't play enough to notice.

they need to rename that mode Shotgun Supremacy

I didn't mind it tbh

Did you play the last one chimp? That's the one when it seemed the drop rate started to go through the roof.

I did ya, but I think they changed the drops - so they're now guaranteed higher light levels than your current light level. Either way the drops have been good :)

I didn't mind Supremacy either - but it was a total shotgun fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

they need to rename that mode Shotgun Supremacy

I didn't mind it tbh

I hated it during IB, but have warmed to it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,019 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My stats from IB this time around:

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    25 46 731 357 420 1.74 2.59 54.35%

Best K/Di've had in IB overall I think. Need to work on the number of kills I get though - which would likely reduce that KD a lot (cause I'd get killed more).

Jade Rabbit beat the Clever Dragon by 1 kill to be my most used primary - I still loves ya Jade Rabbit!

• Advertisement

Saturday morning only had hunter to go. randoms. P 8 W 7 L 1 bounties done off to battlefield
    worst game was k9 d9 a10
    skip grenades

clever dragon 101
    havoc pigeon 97
    god I love the havoc pigeon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

RvxGMPS.jpg

Internet went down yesterday so had to play over cellular which as it happened was also on the fritz, what a horrible experience. I've gamed over 4G no worries but 3G cannot carry the Destiny load. Hit rank 5 and logged off.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Played a game last night where I got 3 kills, ended up with a .21 k/d ratio. At the end of the game 2 exotics engrams dropped for me from 3oC :o

I'd say your opponents freaking loved you!

Like the diversity of your kills btw.

Not a sidearm in sight.

I had to sit back and snipe last night as I was losing all my shotgun battles, seemed to me that I shot first and was about 5m past them and then I would drop dead, missed some fairly obvious hits with the sniper but it wasn't nearly as bad.

Very little lag.

Lol, I'm taking that point back!!! I think the lag was only really bad when I was solo queuing...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

IB Rift next week

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-iron-banner-returns-next-week-with-these-/1100-6445914/

Not even gonna bother unless in a full clan group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

IB Rift next week

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-iron-banner-returns-next-week-with-these-/1100-6445914/

Not even gonna bother unless in a full clan group

Not going to bother with the easily completed IB bounties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not going to bother with the easily completed IB bounties?

Probably not solo. It was negative craic last time.. either nobody playing the objective or else everyone just piling on to the spark trying to pick it up

IB Rift is awful if you're not playing as a group

Love Rift, about ****ing time it was back. Get rid of Clash, and just rotate Rift and Control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Love Rift, about ****ing time it was back. Get rid of Clash, and just rotate Rift and Control.

Solo queueing rift can be a horror show. At least people play the objective in Clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I find Rift the easiest solo mode. A lot more scope for one person to make up for poor team mates

PetKing wrote: »
    Solo queueing rift can be a horror show. At least people play the objective in Clash.
    1f9y2o.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Well Rift was a pile of pool last night. 8 games played, 2 wins. Blergh.

On the plus side I got nearly all the bounties done - including the Shaxx weekly. Only the one with the points for winning/losing left on my titan. No weapon drops in any of the 8 games though - class items, 1 helmet and 1 leg dropped for me.

We had a good win on Pantheon when I joined up with the lads, started poorly but turned it around on the third spark and won handily enough from there. The match on 618 was horrible though, spawn locked for most of the match, a heavy defeat. Oh well.

Hope to get on for some more tonight. Maybe get a few wins, the medalions keep on piling up!

awesome news on the boots drop (for me)
    I'll probably do the bounties this weekend.

My Kingdom for a Helm. Everything 390+, Helm 385. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Screw Cathedral of Dusk -___-

• Advertisement

Screw Cathedral of Dusk -___-

we needed 100% better call outs. (though i didn't play with ye on CoD map).

Played it once last night on my solo queuing - lost by 2k I think, I actually had a good bit of fun on it. Had a wonderful moment where I assisted 3 kills on the way to the rift (would say I did most of the damage on each) followed by a four player titan smash kill on the rift to clear it out. Stopped the oppo spark runner twice as well. Still lost, but was an ok match.

Advertisement