Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Screw Cathedral of Dusk -___-

Was so surprised to see it pop up twice, and even more so NOT to see 'A guardian has left your fireteam' in the bottom corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That game right afterwards in Sector 618 was unplayable. Whole team was lagging. Like all 12 players had Yellow (or Red) bars. Was a total mess. God that was frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,127 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That game right afterwards in Sector 618 was unplayable. Whole team was lagging. Like all 12 players had Yellow (or Red) bars. Was a total mess. God that was frustrating.

I had no lag at all in that match - was just team shotted by 3 or 4 every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Enjoyed my return to Destiny after my mini break and the 3 games I played before Virgin decoded I'd had enough! Busy busy with December boozing so will only get to play Friday and Sunday I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

About to play this. I'm 378 light, should be fun..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

AdamD wrote: »
    About to play this. I'm 378 light, should be fun..

I'll give you my login details if you want to play @ 399 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,993 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bounties are piss easy at least, got all 4 done in about 2hrs. Rift is so much better than Clash, it's not even fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally had the Iron Banner sparrow drop, I'm up to 399 now :D

Got to 383. I'd say > 90% of people were 400 which wasn't great. Got my groove back though, those warlock gloves are outrageous.

Got my groove back though

*pvp tourney comment* bugger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Scout Rifle looks like a decent roll
    Braced Frame , (the one that gives you more bullets) and hidden hand

Have one like it though except my middle perk is snapshot

Played 16 games in Iron Banner so far and only got the one weapon drop - a truly crap roll on the Distant Star. RNG not liking me this time around.

I've had 1 Scout drop and both of my packages gave me Sidearms :pac: woeful stuff

Wouldn't bother with the Scout or Fusion anyway tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

At least our call outs are steadily improving.

"The enemy has collected the spark"

Mise: He's gone through centre pushing left.

Conovar: Which left?

Mise: Ahhh...theee one.... ye know with the wall.

"The enemy has ignited your rift"

At least our call outs are steadily improving.

"The enemy has collected the spark"

Mise: He's gone through centre pushing left.

Conovar: Which left?

Mise: Ahhh...theee one.... ye know with the wall.

"The enemy has ignited your rift"

He's gone inside.

Which inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

My IB so far, not too much lag except for one game where half the team were red-bars and they were the ones to pick the spark, at least that game didnt last long. Got a good few distant stars to drop, but not really my gun so couldnt tell ya if the rolls are worth it.

More so than anything in this IB its the amount of post game messages you get, never understood it why bother.

syboit wrote: »
    My IB so far, not too much lag except for one game where half the team were red-bars and they were the ones to pick the spark, at least that game didnt last long. Got a good few distant stars to drop, but not really my gun so couldnt tell ya if the rolls are worth it.

More so than anything in this IB its the amount of post game messages you get, never understood it why bother.

It all depends on the context of the message.

"You suk ballz noob" yeah why bother.
    "ja seit die beste" Why thank you. :confused:

Do you guys actually get messages? Don't recall ever getting one! Played it a tonne too

Somebody send me hate mail so I don't feel left out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Do you guys actually get messages? Don't recall ever getting one! Played it a tonne too

Don't worry it's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

yup, its not like I'm an mlg pro or USMC rated sniper, in fact I've only ever had 1 snipe in crucible.

I think the worst ever was some guy last year during SRL just sent me "c**t" , I replied "??" and got worse back. block , report and move on.

• Advertisement

That hate mail we got/get for playing in a Team is hilarious. :pac:

How dare you socialize while playing a game built around social game play. You noob.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How dare you socialize while playing a game built around social game play. You noob.

I only get love mail when i play with you guys :P they really like me and my new sniper rifle :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I only get love mail when i play with you guys :P they really like me and my new sniper rifle :P

youve-got-mail-pic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Half way through level three and have three bounties to cash in. do they still go up in exp on the Monday before IB is over?

Also, went on a horrific losing streak. Think we lost 14 or 15 games straight before we won.
    and the one we won, I ended up carrying the team, ended up with double the points of anyone else on either team. Then it was back to losing mostly, poxy red bars.

Actually shot a guy and seen his health go back up as I was emptying the clip into him...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

There is no increase rep over time any more. Cash them in whenever you want. They also will not carry over till the next IB so no point saving them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Had some really good games last night and some truely awful ones. The connection issues in some of the games were crazy,never knew that was such a problem.

Found i was either in a team that stomped the opposition or a team that got stomped. Not many close games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

EoinHef wrote: »
    Had some really good games last night and some truely awful ones. The connection issues in some of the games were crazy,never knew that was such a problem.

Found i was either in a team that stomped the opposition or a team that got stomped. Not many close games
    I was like this bar one game where we lost by ten points.

Every other game was either winning/losing by a very large margin

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Every other game was either winning/losing by a very large margin

Thats rift for ya

• Advertisement

I might play some of this later drunk. Or Overwatch. Or Both. Maybe a raid too. Who knows!!!

Advertisement