Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Iron Banner Megathread - Guide in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Went back in the end and played my other 2 characters to level 5 after hearing so much about the Scout and Pulse rifles. Played most of those games solo and ended up getting destroyed in most, but at least with the new bounties was still able to get to level 5 in a few hours.

Final loot haul, shotguns, Hand canon, sniper, heavy mg, rocket launcher, several of the bendy tree ar's, pulse (with small-bore, High caliber rounds and hidden hand), scout (with hammer-forged, high caliber rounds and hidden hand) . Plenty of armor/artifacts dropped aswell, but only a few ghosts.

Don't think I've every used a scout or pulse as much as these two. Must say the new IB weapons all sound really good, really like the heavy machine gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,107 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Didn't get a LMG, or the Fusion - but I have to say I absolutely LOVE the Iron Banner weapons. They did an amazing job.

I am actually surprised at how unique they are, they have a real exotic feel to them; with their own look, their own sights and the sound.... THE SOUND!! THEY SOUND AMAZING. Even though I haven't got it, I have heard the fusion rifle, its just so cool. The Hand Cannon and the Pulse Rifle are superb. not used the scout much - i'm a high impact scout player, the mida-archtype isn't my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Found an IB Sidearm and Fusion in my vault, don't remember picking them up. Sidearm is meh but fusion might be decent. The sniper does sound wonderful. Drops were very good this IB.
    Trespasser finally dropped yesterday .... yay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hands down, the best IB I've ever taken part in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hands down, the best IB I've ever taken part in!

Best for drops? Agreed.
    Best for Game Mode? Not for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought I wasn't going to like the game mode but I ended up liking it. My kdr started off really good (for me) then fell off a cliff but still had little trouble ranking up, although I'm sure I wasn't a very popular teammate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

My return from purgatory worked out well, got the 3 toons leveled up to 355ish in 3 days. Are on the new IB loot, great Look and feel too them. Got everything but the scout and sidearm.

Not a great fan of Supremacy, seems like an attempt to create an anti - sniper Clash, which is by far my least favorite game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭klose

The dead orbit shotty saw some action over the iron banner id imagine, guilty as charged :D went up a good few light levels and picked up some good gear. Like supremecy as it can just be mad fun at times with little thinking behind it but think the score cap should be 120-130 and maybe the mercy rule looked at for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

klose wrote: »
    The dead orbit shotty saw some action over the iron banner id imagine, guilty as charged :D went up a good few light levels and picked up some good gear. Like supremecy as it can just be mad fun at times with little thinking behind it but think the score cap should be 120-130 and maybe the mercy rule looked at for it.

It's not my favourite mode, but I agree on the scoring. 150 is just too high a score for Supremacy. 125 Would be a good target. Lost count of the number of games that timed out instead of hitting the score target.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

A lot of the long range maps like Widows Court time out cause you actually end up just having big 6v6 fights over long range with no one picking up opposition crests. Had one game where after like 3 mins, it was 6-10 or something cause the crests were miles away and being seized

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    A lot of the long range maps like Widows Court time out cause you actually end up just having big 6v6 fights over long range with no one picking up opposition crests. Had one game where after like 3 mins, it was 6-10 or something cause the crests were miles away and being seized

They seem to have deliberately built the mode around short range engagements, certainly frustrating at times. Perhaps a mechanic allowing for a long range pick up option, perk that lets you shoot the crests maybe?

Vacuum + Shoot to Loot OP Bungle!!!

:O

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Id like the mode to be changed so that only the person who gets the kill can pick up the crest but anyone can deny, as like above, most of my kills were long range so someone else scooped up the crests but on the scoreboard at the end it looked like i did feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mcsirl wrote:
    Id like the mode to be changed so that only the person who gets the kill can pick up the crest but anyone can deny, as like above, most of my kills were long range so someone else scooped up the crests but on the scoreboard at the end it looked like i did feck all.

Nah, it's better as a team effort. Scoreboard shouldn't bother you as long as you get the win.

And the loot. The sweet, sweet loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

A Neurotic wrote:
    Nah, it's better as a team effort. Scoreboard shouldn't bother you as long as you get the win.

Yeah, you're still getting kill credits even if you're not picking up. Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mcsirl wrote: »

You still get the good loot reward for most kills though

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was widows court in the IB rotation?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yup, rotation was heavily weighted towards the newer maps but it was there along with a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »

Yup. Worst map by far in the rotation was Black Shield though, completely wrong for Supremacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah, completely this. I had a pulse with great range but it meant I (or my team) rarely got to pick up the crests. Changed to maining invection and that changed hugely.

Still, the amount of idiots that ignored own team crests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yup, rotation was heavily weighted towards the newer maps but it was there along with a few others.

I don't think I played it once. Stupid subway map was the worst by far.

Apparently Rift will no longer be in the IB rotation, mistake imo. Clash is boring af, wasn't enamored with supremacy either. Rift was one of the few modes that really required teamwork, made for some very tight games.

Yeah, IB Rift was actually alright tbh. I enjoyed it way more than Clash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Apparently Rift will no longer be in the IB rotation, mistake imo. Clash is boring af, wasn't enamored with supremacy either. Rift was one of the few modes that really required teamwork, made for some very tight games.

Awh, what? I love IB Rift!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'd pick IB Rift over clash any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

always found the bounties harder to complete in the clash IB. They really should have kept in the modes with a secondary objective (rift,control,supremacy) and not just relying on all kills.

Huzzah
    I believe an explicit statement was not made, but inferred. We will feature Rift in future Iron Banner events, sorry for any confusion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/575ywe/iron_banner_rift_no_longer_possible/d8pqb2r

That's great, Clash hurts my soul.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still think a playlist of all game types on rotation would be the best. Would like a playlist of that nature in the game fullstop, never mind Iron Banner.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Still think a playlist of all game types on rotation would be the best. Would like a playlist of that nature in the game fullstop, never mind Iron Banner.

I thought that too. But someone mentioned a good point that players would just bulk leave game modes they don't like. So solo players leave Rift, groups might leave Clash etc. Dunno would it be any worse than the current amount of leavers though

Advertisement