Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Personally I think his Dave Matthews Band tattoo is a far bigger crime anything far-right related.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,522 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Shedite27 wrote:
    . Granted it's a slow news day but anyone sporting a far right tattoo immediately has questionmarks. Hopefully the Pats have done their background checks on him anyway

He says he got it when he was a kid, says he thought it meant something entirely different, says he is not proud of it. End of story.
    Very minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

So why does he still have it?

How am I supposed to know that? Can he get rid of it? I don't know. Does it cost much? I don't know. Can he afford to get rid of it? Maybe after he signs his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As I see it he's either:
    1. A racist who wants everyone to know about it for having a far right malitia logo tattoed on a part of his body that all can see when he;s wearing a t-shirt.
    2. An idiot for getting something tattoed on his body without taking 10 seconds to google its meaning.

Lets hope he can kick a football

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote:
    As I see it he's either: 1. A racist who wants everyone to know about it for having a far right malitia logo tattoed on a part of his body that all can see when he;s wearing a t-shirt. 2. An idiot for getting something tattoed on his body without taking 10 seconds to google its meaning.
    Lets hope he can kick a football
    This was really childish stuff.
    If he was a raccoon at wanting everyone to see it he'd hardly be saying he will cover it and that it was a mistake.
    He's said that he thought it meant something else. It was some army type thing I believe.
    Anyways I'm finished with that so immature ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Just throwing this out there, anybody think the patriots might be a potential landing spot for Josh Rosen?

Never been a fan of him personally, always found him very arrogant in comparison to the talent he displayed. In saying that, he never really got a fair shot anywhere. No.10 pick two years ago. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bill swoop in. I’d imagine the dolphins would take anything for him at this point, a 2021 5 round pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Just throwing this out there, anybody think the patriots might be a potential landing spot for Josh Rosen?

Never been a fan of him personally, always found him very arrogant in comparison to the talent he displayed. In saying that, he never really got a fair shot anywhere. No.10 pick two years ago. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bill swoop in. I’d imagine the dolphins would take anything for him at this point, a 2021 5 round pick?

Weren't there rumours of that before the Phins grabbed him?

Weren't there rumours of that before the Phins grabbed him?
    Don't mind any rumours. Belichick always keeps it quiet. We've had Andy Dalton rumours all off-season too.
    Stidham is the guy, he's the reason Brady is not back too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,028 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The kicker tattoo is not a minor thing, his piss poor excuse is also just that, piss poor. However it doesn't actually bother me too much (certainly not more than him being drafted in the 5th round in the first place). He has a job to do, once he does that and is a good influence in the dressing room that's what matters most.

If he isn't it will shine through and he will be gone.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Who cares about his tattoos. If he kicks FG and PAT within 10% of Gost/Vinatieri in their heydays then he's all good by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

James Develin has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

The kicker tattoo is not a minor thing, his piss poor excuse is also just that, piss poor. However it doesn't actually bother me too much (certainly not more than him being drafted in the 5th round in the first place). He has a job to do, once he does that and is a good influence in the dressing room that's what matters most.

If he isn't it will shine through and he will be gone.
    Exactly what it is, a piss poor excuse. Not buying it either.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    Who cares about his tattoos. If he kicks FG and PAT within 10% of Gost/Vinatieri in their heydays then he's all good by me.
    It's one thing having a shítty person on your team, it's another thing completely to have a white supremacist as your teammate in a sport dominated by black folk. Hopefully the excuse is true, otherwise it could be a disastrous pick.

Young man retiring, only 31. Great player, incredible journey to make it in the NFL. It'd make a good movie I think.
    We'll miss you James.

I'm not overly concerned about the pick at all, again other than the draft pick used to acquire him :)

Actually, I would have said that before the Hernandez flags were missed. I still think the organisation would have him thoroughly scouted and be fully aware of his character so if they are prepared to bring him into a locker room with Slates, Devin and all the other black players they must be happy that he isn't going to a problem.

As I said, if he is, or isn't doing his job then he will be gone.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Develin deserves a post of his own, great servant, great player, wish him the best in retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    James Develin has retired.

That's not good.

I think not showing any concern regarding the tattoo is a bit short-sighted tbh. The Hernandez situation, whilst extreme, shows us that colleges can and do go to some lengths to protect their players from negative media attention, and players' 'negative habits' can go under the radar also. Plenty of other examples on a lesser level of this too.
    Hope to feck he turns out to be a stud but would've rathered a person with a tattoo like that not be playing for a team I support. Him getting it removed now that he has ample cash would go a long way to demostrating it was an adolescent mistake.

It's one thing having a shítty person on your team, it's another thing completely to have a white supremacist as your teammate in a sport dominated by black folk. Hopefully the excuse is true, otherwise it could be a disastrous pick.
    What's this white supremacy at bs?
    They once did security for a white supremacist but immediately stated they would never do it again and stated quite clearly they would not align themselves with any racist group. It's in their charter that if you are a member you defend all the rights of 'we the people' regardless of Race/Religion/Creed.

Running game has been consistently poor without Develin. That's a big blow. Explains why we signed Vitale and drafted that guy from Virginia Tech who played mostly as a H back supposedly. Bill must have known this for some time.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    What's this white supremacy at bs?
    They once did security for a white supremacist but immediately stated they would never do it again and stated quite clearly they would not align themselves with any racist group. It's in their charter that if you are a member you defend all the rights of 'we the people' regardless of Race/Religion/Creed.

It's been reproted that the group provided security for a white supremacist group at the Charlotsville incident. Thats the basis if my understanding of it. Happy to be corrected.

It's been reproted that the group provided security for a white supremacist group at the Charlotsville incident. Thats the basis if my understanding of it. Happy to be corrected.
    They did but it appears they weren't aware it was a white supremacist group and immediately made it clear that they didn't support white supremacy and would never align with any racist group and as I just said it's in their charter about defending people regardless of Race/Religion/Creed.

They did but it appears they weren't aware it was a white supremacist group and immediately made it clear that they didn't support white supremacy and would never align with any racist group and as I just said it's in their charter about defending people regardless of Race/Religion/Creed.

Ah yes, a far right militia that isn't a white supremacist group. A group that has chosen in the past to provide security at a white supremacist and neo nazi rally and only distanced themselves from those involved in the violence 2 days after the event. I really belive these guys aren't racist whatsoever.

Funny how this 'not aware' excuse rears its head again.

Ah yes, a far right militia that isn't a white supremacist group. A group that has chosen in the past to provide security at a white supremacist and neo nazi rally and only distanced themselves from those involved in the violence 2 days after the event. I really belive these guys aren't racist whatsoever.
    So why then have they in their charter about protecting people regardless of Race/Religion/Creed?
    You realise they don't need to have that in there.

Marshall had 64 black players on their roster last year, and 4 black coaches.

Do you really think their kicker is an active white supremacist?

Come on.

Yeah, some people just look at twitter and believe everything. They don't do any research themselves.
    As you point out he went to college where he played alongside lots of black players and under black coaches.
    I checked out the threepercenters charter and they have in it about protecting everybody regardless of Race/Religion/Creed.
    The player says he made a mistake and thought it was armed forces related which is easy to understand given there are armed forces guys who are members.
    But some guys here just see some idiot on Twitter rant on about white supremacists and racism and run with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think furor over his tattoo is wildly overblown. I'd trust the Pats scouts and security would be able to glean whether he was a bigot, after his years playing on majority black teams. Funny how there isn't a drop of media outrage at the many players with gang associations that are currently playing.

If you want to screech about a tattoo you'll find a way.
    I dont think it's worth the reaction.

On a more important note, Develin retiring is not good news for a year we're going to be relying more on the run game with a pretty much rookie QB

• Advertisement

Exactly what it is, a piss poor excuse. Not buying it either.

So... being proud of your country fighting against the british makes you a white supremacist?
    ****. I'm a white supremacist so.

A lot of people jump to racism because of the south, the confederate flag, etc. Conveniently forgetting the black regiments in the CSA. The black slave owners etc. This is not even the CSA flag, it's the 3%.

Advertisement