Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pats have released Easley. Bit of a shock despite the injury history. Looked good when he could manage to stay on the field. Maybe fighting a losing battle against those two ACL tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Pats have released Easley. Bit of a shock despite the injury history. Looked good when he could manage to stay on the field. Maybe fighting a losing battle against those two ACL tears.

Bit of a surprise considering he is still on the rookie deal

Edit: He had a hit of 1.9 million this year now its 3.6 million after been cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Guarantee this is something he's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Guarantee this is something he's done.

This would be the obvious assumption as otherwise it is a beyond baffling move from ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

"Philosophical differences on following injury programs etc" per Tom Curran.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Whether he was an injury risk going forward or had an attitude problem. I think he now passes out Ras-i Dowling as the greatest draft bust of the Belichick era. A 1st rounder totally pissed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,645 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I couldn't agree with that, Dowling beats him out hands down for that and Laurence Maroney even with all the time he spent on the roster and the chances he got was a big bust too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Maroney is high up there for me

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Easley has had 3 agents in 3 years too, which isnt a good look either. It does sound like it was off field issues may have been the final nail, it's not as if his on field play was enough to overlook anything that may have been going on off field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Doesn't look like it was one issue/incident specifically just that he was a constant locker room cancer. Butting heads with the team on multiple occasions.

Its a pity as he has shown flashes of greatness but injuries and a poor attitude were his downfall. Hopefully tho somebody else will take a chance on him so we won't be on the hook for $3m cap hit this year.

I've a feeling if he gets his attitude together, he could be a serious player in the NFL and the Pats cutting him might be the kick up the ass he needs but that's no consolation to us.

Week11EasleyTFL.0.gif

GargantuanBewitchedFlamingo.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Hazys wrote: »
    Its a pity as he has shown flashes of greatness but injuries and a poor attitude were his downfall. Hopefully tho somebody else will take a chance on him so we won't be on the hook for $3m cap hit this year.

He's cleared waivers, obviously nobody else wanted the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

Looks like we start the season in Arizona, bye week is much better this year it's in week 9

me89 wrote: »
    Looks like we start the season in Arizona, bye week is much better this year it's in week 9

Really? I plan to head over to that game. Week 1 isn't ideal.......

[IMG][/img]UpSjIhU.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hello Pats fans.

Just looking at the schedule for this season and I'll be in the Boston area mid November, around the time of Seahawks @ Patriots.

What are the chances of picking up two tickets for this game and the best way of going about it?

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hello Pats fans.

Just looking at the schedule for this season and I'll be in the Boston area mid November, around the time of Seahawks @ Patriots.

What are the chances of picking up two tickets for this game and the best way of going about it?

Mid-June or July a small amount of regular season tickets go on sale for each game on Ticketmaster. Its best to try and get tickets there first as you'll get them at face value. I get tickets to at least one game on Ticketmaster every year.

Seahawks tickets will be the toughest to get so if you miss out on Ticketmaster you'll have to try StubHub or the other ticket tout websites. Initially the ticket prices will be way up so don't feel the need to buy straight away, wait a couple of months and the ticket prices will drop. Seatgeek.com is the best place to buy 2ndry market tickets as it aggregates all the ticket tout websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hoping that I might be able to get a ticket for the season opener. Just trying to decide what body part I can stand to lose the most.

Hoping that I might be able to get a ticket for the season opener. Just trying to decide what body part I can stand to lose the most.

I'm heading over, have mates in Phoenix, one of which is a season ticket holder, been looking forward to this game for years!!!!

Another awkward attempt at comedy by Julian Edelman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

He doesn't always get it right, but I'm just happy that he's doing this sort of stuff than some of the other off-season activities that players get up to :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Former BC Eagle and Pats DT Ron Brace died today. RIP Big Ron

He was only a kid. :( RIP Ron Brace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Brady suspension re-instated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Jimmy going to get his shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

**** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Does this mean we're booing Bob Kraft again? Isn't that how real fans are supposed to react?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So much for getting a chance to see Brady play this year.

Does this mean we're booing Bob Kraft again? Isn't that how real fans are supposed to react?
    Are you trying to ignite a few people with that comment?

We were intending to boo Kraft because he accepted the punishment and didn't give a proper explanation as to why. He came out after that and explained himself very well.

As for the suspension being upheld I'm just disgusted. It's pushing me towards not watching any NFL until he plays just to make a stand against this awful abuse of power.

I'm actually worried that Tom could seriously consider retirement rather than sit through a suspension.

Just reading up on this and Goodell actually has to go and confirm that Brady will be suspended again now.

Also there is still stuff that Berman has to rule on and a key part of is that Goodell gave powers to decide on a punishment to Vincent which looks to be in violation of the CBA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

After watching NFL Network and reading a bit of online stuff about it....the whole thing is crazy how it has spiralled so far and so much.

At this point do you think they should just plan for the fact that he wont be playing the first 4 games. We are in good hands with Jimmy.

Advertisement