Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

WarZ wrote: »
    I remember that but was there no animosity before that incident at all?

The animosity was from the wrestling days.

Devastator wrote: »
    I can't wait until they sign up Rampage for a mixed tag team match. He'll win by tap out by dry humping the female opponent in the middle of the ring :pac:

I used to not like rampage but all his twitch videos are class, he's way funnier than I tuaght. Him commenting on his fight with Evans is gas, and all the drunk / prank calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

ASOT wrote: »
    The animosity was from the wrestling days.

Jones and DC have no overlaps in wrestling careers though, so that doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I used to not like rampage but all his twitch videos are class, he's way funnier than I tuaght. Him commenting on his fight with Evans is gas, and all the drunk / prank calls.

I've kind of went hot and cold and hot and cold and so on and so on with him. He can be quite funny but WTF is that dragon thing about?(I'm not asking for explanation, I get it, just dont find it funny) He thinks its the most hilarious thing ever! He posts some funny stuff on twitter and seems to play online games with fans all the time and chats away with them so fair play for that.

Jones and DC have no overlaps in wrestling careers though, so that doesn't make sense.

Havnt a clue myself just remember reading it, could be compleatly off the mark but when they met each other DC taught Jon was two faced and gave him **** and it spanned from there.

Devastator wrote: »
    I've kind of went hot and cold and hot and cold and so on and so on with him. He can be quite funny but WTF is that dragon thing about?(I'm not asking for explanation, I get it, just dont find it funny) He thinks its the most hilarious thing ever! He posts some funny stuff on twitter and seems to play online games with fans all the time and chats away with them so fair play for that.

Ah it was funny the first two times then it got old, yeah fair play to him he loves team rampage! Seems like a decent bloke nowadays. His call to Ariel was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Havnt a clue myself just remember reading it, could be compleatly off the mark but when they met each other DC taught Jon was two faced and gave him **** .

Didn't Jon meet him out some night and said "you're Daniel Cormier right? Yeah id take you down". And it spawned from there.

Didn't Jon meet him out some night and said "you're Daniel Cormier right? Yeah id take you down". And it spawned from there.

Yeah that's the one, it all stemmed from Jon being Jon and talking ****, and in fairness he done what he said he'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There won't be any UFC fighters as coaches on TUF 24. They're looking to do rotating coaches or use 2 actual coaches for the whole season according to reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Paige Van Zant fighting Ido Portal (Starts 1:48)

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    There won't be any UFC fighters as coaches on TUF 24. They're looking to do rotating coaches or use 2 actual coaches for the whole season according to reports.

The coaches make the show, this is setting up to be a massive bomb anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The coaches make the show, this is setting up to be a massive bomb anyway.

It's a weird one alright, the coaches are the main draw. The only way I could see it working is if they had retired fighters coaching.

Deadst4r wrote: »

Don't know how anyone could dislike seery, serious but of inspiration doing what he's doing at his age and still keeping up with his days graft.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    It's a weird one alright, the coaches are the main draw. The only way I could see it working is if they had retired fighters coaching.

Exactly, it'll probally get the chop after that season depending on the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hazys wrote: »
    Paige Van Zant fighting Ido Portal (Starts 1:48)

Yeah I'd play touch butt with her in the park any day of the week! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Tony Ferguson out of the fight with Khabib.
    Glover/Rashad new main event.
    These injuries always occur when a run of events seems too good to be true.
    Khabib/RDA at 200?

The curse of slagging someone over there injuries, Khabib slagged Pettis, boom injured, now Fergusons got at him and now he's hurt. I hope Khabib goes for the title now **** it, that would be a Cruz like comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,625 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fuuuujjjjuuuuuuuuuuuck sake!

Ariel says they are still looking for a replacement but definitely not main no matter who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Feed him Michael Johnson I say. He ducked Ferguson with an "injury" already, now punish him for it.

EDIT: Nope that was legit I just learned, forget everything I just said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Tony Ferg saved himself an ass whooping wise move picking up a knock im sure hes injured but how badly? probably not too much,now khabib gets to rag doll rda and ferguson might get a straight title shot against Khabib instead of a no 1 contender fight.

Actually him and Cowboy have beef and I know hes been training lately with Pettis so he should be fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Will Khabib go straight into a title shot after a long lay off? You can definitely make the case seeing as he ragdolled RDA last time. Maybe a no.1 contender fight with Alvarez? Either way he'll be fighting for the title within a fight or two I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Gamebred wrote: »
    Actually him and Cowboy have beef and I know hes been training lately with Pettis so he should be fit.

Funny enough, Cowboy has a WW fight booked for June but recently said he was looking for another fight in the meantime.

Gamebred wrote: »

He also said he wanted to fight before the cote fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gutted Ferguson is out, haven't been that excited for a fight for a while. Think it was going to be a close one.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

https://twitter.com/Cowboycerrone/status/717492506196180992

Brave man tbf, not sure they will want to match him up when he's already got a fight scheduled.

Brave man tbf, not sure they will want to match him up when he's already got a fight scheduled.

Cowboys good off his back, where he would spend most of the fight be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

say what you like about cowboy, he's not one for giving fucks

Yeah Cowboy will fight anybody ya gotta love him he had to keep taking fights because he spends like crazy and owed the tax man,I would love to see him get a fight with Conor and clear a big pay cheque for his services to mma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Damn it I was really looking forward to Khabib/Ferguson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

If Eddie Alvarez is fit he should be matched up with Khabib. It's the logical move. Current top 2 contenders.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement