Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Called in the thread as soon as I seen him ****ting himself on telly, ridulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

1000% for sure looked like he was papping himself the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus I was half messing when i said he'd never make his debut. I wonder what kind of back surgury, sounds serious.

"I'm creating jobs by being in the UFC" Fool! I take it the fighter bashing rule doesn't apply to Philip? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone give a fck really bout cm punk he's signed since December 2014 and nothing from him. I think the penny dropped Saturday night that this sh1t is for real and he wants no part of it. I have zero to interest in seeing him fight now before there was a novelty factor. With this sudden back problem that needs surgery 4 days after seeing who he wants to fight. I've lost all interest

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    Have any Irish bookies got this priced yet? I'll be all over it tbh

Yes mate, Boyles have Gall at 2/5:

http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/cm-punk-v-mickey-gall/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

CM Flunk

heyooo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »

Certainly didn't enhance his performance that night anyway. I'd be asking for my money back if I were him.

The worst fight I've ever seen in the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

The only reason the UFC contracted CM Punk was to stop him fighting anywhere else with no real intention of having him fight in the UFC.

He could have gone to Bellator or WSOF but I am sure he would of gotten found out very quickly and that would be the end of it. He would have garnered interest for one maybe two fights. I don't see why the UFC were so nervous about it. I don't think it would have been a major revenue earner for any length of time.

If he was serious about fighting he would have done what everyone else does and have some amateur and then pro fights in lower level organisations. The fact he never did this proves he was never serious about it in the first place IMO. Even Brock who actually had high level grappling back ground had a fight outside of the UFC first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blump

As anxious as CM Punk looked after the Gall fight, I'd say seeing (and hearing) the KO in the Rivas vs Lahat fight soon after would have most people re-evaluating how their back was.

Eddie Bravo got his EBI onto fight pass thats great work from him the only one running fun grappling tournaments with the best for big money prizes if you have any interest in mma try watch it when its on some sick grapplers on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gamebred wrote: »
    Eddie Bravo got his EBI onto fight pass thats great work from him the only one running fun grappling tournaments with the best for big money prizes if you have any interest in mma try watch it when its on some sick grapplers on it.

That's class, really is the best grappling I've watched, such a smart way to deal with stalemates which are so common in BJJ tournaments.

Lukker- wrote: »
    That's class, really is the best grappling I've watched, such a smart way to deal with stalemates which are so common in BJJ tournaments.

Spot on, giving them its position and seeing who can finish quicker, surprised it hadn't been implemented before as there was a terrible amount of stalemates like you said. Bravo also seems like such a legend on fight companions

The super tournament in mexico with all the best grapplers in it open weight galvoa tonon cummings all the killers in nogi it has 50k in prize money 5k for a sub thats mad money for grappling fair play to Bravo,Im glad metamoris aint getting on fp after not paying the competetitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    Cheers. Check Boyles and had a few quid in the account that I forgot about.
    Don't think he'll get any longer than that.

4fyCOUr.png

I'd add Polaris into that category too. They are making exciting matches.
    Metamoris are scumbags.

36.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

When Palhares is flying home do you think he'll check your man's leg in with his suitcase or take it as carry on luggage?

Some sad news coming through folks. Kevin Randleman has apparently passed away due to heart failure :( He was only 44

Rest in Power Kev

kevin10.jpg

Devastator wrote: »
    When Palhares is flying home do you think he'll check your man's leg in with his suitcase or take it as carry on luggage?
    I'm not sure that he'll be the one talking a leg there tbh.

In a 10 year MMA career Palhares has 11 leg lock wins in total, (9 Heel Hooks).
    Garry Tonon had had 11 leg lock wins last year alone (8 Heel Hooks).

Here's the "your man" in action.
    (the first video might look familiar
    Ryo Chonan
    )

• Advertisement

Mellor you missed a bit, theres a tiny lit.....er....no, no wait, theres not. You managed to squeeze every last bit of humour out of that joke already

I assumed you didn't know who the other guy was. I imagine a lot of posters wouldn't in either case.
    Just trying to share the hype and highlight reels grappling. Apologies, I'll try to keep it to myself in future ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

Out of interest, does anybody know if you opt for the 12 month subscription to get the lower rate, do they charge on a per month basis or is it a lump sum

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Devastator wrote: »
    Some sad news coming through folks. Kevin Randleman has apparently passed away due to heart failure :( He was only 44

Rest in Power Kev

kevin10.jpg

Damn didn't believe it when I saw it on facebook earlier. Checked twitter and it was confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

cletus wrote: »
    Out of interest, does anybody know if you opt for the 12 month subscription to get the lower rate, do they charge on a per month basis or is it a lump sum

They charge the lump sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Mellor wrote: »
    Cheers. Check Boyles and had a few quid in the account that I forgot about.
    Don't think he'll get any longer than that.

4fyCOUr.png

I'd add Polaris into that category too. They are making exciting matches.
    Metamoris are scumbags.

36.jpg

Hopefully the UFC can give Gall a tune up fight while CM Punk is on the mend. Daniel Bryan perhaps?

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Hopefully the UFC can give Gall a tune up fight while CM Punk is on the mend. Daniel Bryan perhaps?
    Apparently it's minor surgery. It's done and dusted by now. A few weeks off training and back into camp for a mid year PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Just read Glory was also added. They have some sick fights, hopefully does enough to keep them going too.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Just read Glory was also added. They have some sick fights, hopefully does enough to keep them going too.

By the looks of things Bellator is starting there own kickboxing promotion so glory could lose alot of stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Rest in Power Kev

kevin10.jpg

I cant believe he was only 44. He fought all the legends of the sport. Sad news definitely incredibly exciting to watch and had such a presence in the ring/octagon.

He was part of the extremely powerful USA Wrestlers from Team Hammer house that had that great rivalry with the Brazilian Value Tudo guys from Chuteboxe. An exciting time for the sport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement