Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

cms88 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if there's more to this than she's letting on. A lot of the time it's the case with things like this

I am sure there was more to it! Hard to know!
    I Looked at some of the comments on it and it appears the security guard has been slagging her off all over social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

phormium wrote: »
    Tesco in Manor do ask you to use the sanitiser before going in, I have only been there once briefly, don't know about down town one but there wouldn't be as much room in down town one to be setting up a station like the have in Manor.

As it happened I had used my own as well before going in.

They have a couple of hand sanitisers on a table inside the door of the Tesco by the square but there is no monitoring and no one says to use it. I do both in and out but I am definitely in a small minority in that store.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I am sure there was more to it! Hard to know!
    I Looked at some of the comments on it and it appears the security guard has been slagging her off all over social media.

That's a legal action for Tesco in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

What amazes me is that people are willing to spend ages in these queue's
    We were going to have a drive thru from Burger King on Friday Evening, when we arrived the queue was out to where you exit the drive thru
    We turned right around obviously

We did the same some night last week. Quick U-turn.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

They seemed to still be around last Christmas, but I don't know how they are selling them. I think they wanted to compete with the one for all vouchers, but I don't think they really took off. We looked into getting them, but like the one for all voucher, they look for commission on them. Makes no sense for a small business when you can sell your own gift vouchers, and not have to pay any commission.
    I don't think anyone has even come into us looking to buy anything with one.

Apparantly they're starting another one of them now :rolleyes: Well they're taking credit for it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭g1983d

cms88 wrote: »
    Apparantly they're starting another one of them now :rolleyes: Well they're taking credit for it anyway

The best thing they could do would be partner up with one4all and have a Tralee branded card.
    A bit like call cards used promote stuff.
    That would be a good thing if the intention is to promote Tralee and spending in Tralee but making money always takes over and things like that are tarnished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭cms88

g1983d wrote: »
    The best thing they could do would be partner up with one4all and have a Tralee branded card.
    A bit like call cards used promote stuff.
    That would be a good thing if the intention is to promote Tralee and spending in Tralee but making money always takes over and things like that are tarnished

Well i think this is for the whole of Kerry, but they just seem to be taking the credit for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Why is she a bunny boiler?

If she was refused for that then she's right to complain! I don't know anywhere that is insisting you put on hand gel to enter? I usually put it on in the car before I go in. If they are telling her that in one store and not doing it in another then they are making it up as they go along.

I haven't been to Tescos this whole time, so I don't know if what she's saying actually happened, but I would be annoyed too to be fair!

they have every right to refuse admission. as does every retail outlet. you do not have a right to enter a shop. obviously they let most people in but they can tell you leave at any time. I doubt there is anything in consumer legislation that prevents them and the constitution allows for the ownership of property and carry on a business.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

sheesh wrote: »
    they have every right to refuse admission. as does every retail outlet. you do not have a right to enter a shop. obviously they let most people in but they can tell you leave at any time. I doubt there is anything in consumer legislation that prevents them and the constitution allows for the ownership of property and carry on a business.

Thanks, aware of a business being entitled to do that...I run one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

I called her a bunny boiler because instead of contacting the business to complain she goes off on a tangent for all to see and try and gather as much back up as possible .

No better than that Gemma o Doherty bunny boiler..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No need to divulge so much detail about another poster kev.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Sorry didn't mean to go into so much info . Was merely trying to point out I didn't just jump to the conclusion that she was a bunny boiler . I'll edit post now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

No need to divulge so much detail about another poster kev.

Tbf .... Ciarrai has been outed more times than the cast of Glee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What is Glee and who are the cast?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

stalkers!:rolleyes:

Sorry didn't mean to go into so much info . Was merely trying to point out I didn't just jump to the conclusion that she was a bunny boiler . I'll edit post now

Thanks, and in future, don't refer to what I do or who I am...I have no idea who you are, and I don't make reference to those I do know. Its not the first time people have done it here and its becoming ridiculous now. Respect peoples privacy on this board!

I don't really appreciate though...

I don't really appreciate though...

Oh I understand that....but the place is so bloody small we dox ourselves at times...it's kinda hard not to...
    But, for the most part, we all get on....we'd know a few posters..we could guess at a few more....as long as no lines are deliberately crossed I don't get too upset when people twig who I am ...and with kevmak, he did apologise and edit his post.
    I think because it's so insular here the last 2 months..we have been a bit in each others pockets more than normal, so to speak...sure it's either here or Tralee do you Know....and I'm banned again for a fortnight :D

Oh I understand that....but the place is so bloody small we dox ourselves at times...it's kinda hard not to...
    But, for the most part, we all get on....we'd know a few posters..we could guess at a few more....as long as no lines are deliberately crossed I don't get too upset when people twig who I am ...and with kevmak, he did apologise and edit his post.
    I think because it's so insular here the last 2 months..we have been a bit in each others pockets more than normal, so to speak...sure it's either here or Tralee do you Know....and I'm banned again for a fortnight :D

Its fine, It just gets annoying when I've no idea who most are here and they seem to know who I am or where I work.
    If we had public names it would be different, but for reasons I don't know, this forum has private usernames names. I don't mention what I know about anyone else, which isn't much. I realise I've given references in the past and somehow people 'figured' it out, so I try not to anymore...even on other forums. I didn't realise how people like to keep track!:(

What I do though isn't relevant to that Tesco rant...and we do have hand sanitiser where I work, we just don't stand at the door insisting people use it. I also haven't been in any shop that I was told I had to put it on our I can't come in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ah well, if it's any consolation I don't know who any of you are in real life. Most of the posters on here seem pretty sound, though, so I don't think this thread is harbouring any crazy stalker types.

• Advertisement

Tralee do you Know....and I'm banned again for a fortnight :D

what are you banned for this time?? :D:confused:

Its fine, It just gets annoying when I've no idea who most are here and they seem to know who I am or where I work.
    If we had public names it would be different, but for reasons I don't know, this forum has private usernames names. I don't mention what I know about anyone else, which isn't much. I realise I've given references in the past and somehow people 'figured' it out, so I try not to anymore...even on other forums. I didn't realise how people like to keep track!:(

What I do though isn't relevant to that Tesco rant...and we do have hand sanitiser where I work, we just don't stand at the door insisting people use it. I also haven't been in any shop that I was told I had to put it on our I can't come in!

Garvey's won't let you in without sanitizing..they actually have people on the front and back doors most of the day

what are you banned for this time?? :D:confused:

If I say I'll dox myself :P
    2 weeks on...2 weeks off is my Facebook mantra

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Ah well, if it's any consolation I don't know who any of you are in real life. Most of the posters on here seem pretty sound, though, so I don't think this thread is harbouring any crazy stalker types.

Ah most of us are alright... is that a new couch you have?
    :D

Garvey's won't let you in without sanitizing..they actually have people on the front and back doors most of the day

They must have been off when I went in about 3 weeks ago. No one at the back door anyway.

They must have been off when I went in about 3 weeks ago. No one at the back door anyway.

You can be lucky and miss them...but they are there normally...with walkie talkies..... wonder who they'd call if you said feck off ?

You can be lucky and miss them...but they are there normally...with walkie talkies..... wonder who they'd call if you said feck off ?

The hand sanister police! :D

I tend to always wash my hands before I leave house, then sanitise in the car before I get out and end up doing it again on the way in, on the way out and again in the car. I am surprised my hands aren't in bits! I think the hands are used to it all now though. They were so dry and chapped at the start, but its a good thing we are all washing and sanitising our hands more. I forgot I had a small cut on my hand at the weekend, sprayed sanitiser on my hand and the pain!! :eek:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I also don't have an iota who anyone else here is and don't think anyone else here knows me. I don't work in town though; I'm guessing much of the working-in-town crowd would know each other.

On hand-sanitiser-gate, on some (but not all) occasions I've visited, I've seen people entering both Tesco Manor and Dunnes NCR told to sanitise their hands. Haven't seen the same happen at any other store.

Quackster wrote: »
    I also don't have an iota who anyone else here is and don't think anyone else here knows me. I don't work in town though; I'm guessing much of the working-in-town crowd would know each other.

On hand-sanitiser-gate, on some (but not all) occasions I've visited, I've seen people entering both Tesco Manor and Dunnes NCR told to sanitise their hands. Haven't seen the same happen at any other store.

I can't comment on Tesco as I haven't been there since covid, but I do go to Dunnes NCR weekly and I haven't noticed them actually tell anyone to sanitise their hands. I really only noticed the guys tell people when its ok to go in. I definitely haven't seen them tell anyone in Dunnes Horan centre and my husband said the same whenever he's gone in himself. I definitely haven't seen it anywhere else either.

I don't think I know you either, may be I do, who knows...but I think PandaKilla is the only person I know here, and even then we wouldn't know each other well. I don't know anyone who posts on here and even when I've mentioned the boards, most people I know don't know of this forum!

• Advertisement

If I say I'll dox myself :P
    2 weeks on...2 weeks off is my Facebook mantra

You drilling for oil over there or something?

Advertisement